IMDb > To Kill a Mockumentary (2004) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

To Kill a Mockumentary (V) More at IMDbPro »

Fun, Funny and Funniest!

Author: Megan Kaliu from Australia
29 November 2006

I recently picked up the directors other movie, A Christmas Too Many and just loved it to death. So i ordered this one online and I loved both films so much I just had to write a review about them. The story is about a group of mockumentary makers who are given a chance to do their first studio Mockumentary. It stars about a dozen name actors who you'll recognize instantly and is really the first mockumentary I've seen where you'll laugh hysterically. The lad who plays the director, a guy named Terry Scannell is tremendous as Hank. He is a revelation on screen. I can't say enough about him and the chemistry between Tim Thomerson who plays Will and Edie McClurg who plays Estelle. There's so much good to say that i don't know where to start. The writing is fantastic. It really fits that Australian sensibility that I have personally. I hope that this group of people can continue to make films. I for one, will be watching and hoping for them and hope their next movie is as good as this one.

Killer Funny

Author: jim040 from London, England
10 June 2009

To Kill a Mockumentary is one of those few prized gems that you sometimes find if you look hard. Splendid writing highlights some very funny if not hilarious turns by people Like Mickey Rooney, Charlie O'Connell, Jason London and Terry Scannell. Watched it twice and realized just how smart it was. Much smarter than you think on first glance, it's pretty much one of the funnier movies I've seen in a while. Fat chick wasn't always funny but the rest of the cast is exceptional. I would recommend this to anyone that likes their comedy fast, funny and smart. Look for the great chemistry from Edie McClurg and Tim Thomerson. They should get a sitcom together. They're hysterical.