"Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Gotta Love This Show

Author: jewbearsanta from Los Angeles, CA
21 September 2004

I've seen two episodes of this show now and I am totally into it. It has all the elements to make up a really great series and I can tell the rest of the episodes will just keep getting better. The characters are funny and original, the actors are hilarious, the special effects are sweet, the music is rockin, and the pacing of the show (two 15 minute episodes in a row) is a great way to ensure there won't be a dull moment. Even though the show is marketed for junior high school, younger kids will enjoy the silliness and older people will get the more clever tongue and cheek humor. I can see this show will be a big success.

Thanks Nickelodeon!

this show is so unusual but so FUNNY!!!!

Author: troger141 from United States
2 February 2005

Me personally i do not like much on Nick except Sponge Bob and Fairly Odd Parents but this show is Fantastic!! I love the fact how it is sometimes so fake. I also think that they casted everybody perfect!! You just have that weird feeling when you watch it. You think why am i watching this but you also think this is so unusual but in a good way! I LOVE IT!!!! Everybody just watch Ned's Declassified School Survival guide! IT RULES! The story is about this kid named Ned who's friends Cookie and Moze try to make up tips in a composition book to survive school. In school there's a lot goofy funny characters including Loomer and Coconut Head who ROCKS! I am telling you watch Ned's Declassified School Survival Guied its awesome!

Finally, something original

Author: Ayame_Berry from United States
10 August 2005

Unlike the other pre-teen shows on Nickelodeon, this one is quite original and humorous. Instead of having a show about 3 friends who are trying to become popular, escape from their "uncool" parents, or get a boyfriend, the characters on this show try to create a guide to help you survive school. As corny as it sounds, it's very funny once you watch it.

It's not just the plot thats funny, but the characters are a big part of the comedy. Cookie is half-cyborg and often uses his technology to get in some sort of trouble while Ned comes up with strange ways to escape a bully, study for a test, or avoid failing. And then there's Moze, who thinks of ideas to get new girl friends, "scares" her friends, makes interesting school projects, and tries to "defeat" her rival Susie Crabgrass.

I suggest watching this show if you want something original and amusing. You will not be wishing for your 30 minutes back after watching it.

A Nice Little Treat (if You're Around to See It)

Author: mister_beller from United States
6 November 2005

I have only seen about one and a half half-hour segments of this Nick show; but based on what I've seen, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is good if you're in the vicinity of a TV and have nothing else to do. My brother loves this show, and records it on our DVR. There are a few good reasons why.

For starters, instead of one entire episode per show, there are two twelve-minute segments, each covering a single topic. This helps immensely in the pace of action by not having strung-out, boring scenes that go on and on. It also means there are no commercials guaranteed for an entire episode (unless you need to use the bathroom desperately). If there are any other good characteristics from cartoons like SpongeBob or Fairly Odd Parents that share this characteristic, they apply to this show as well.

Second, the show is not preachy. It does NOT make the entertainment value second-nature to the morals. The tips Ned does give naturally flow with the on-screen action and are not shoved down your ears. Compounded with the fact that it doesn't seem take itself very seriously, watching Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide felt a bit like watching Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry - good if you like Nickelodeon's sense of humor.

Third, the three main characters are very likable if you are in to these kinds of shows. Personally, I believe Ned is one of the better main protagonists to come around lately.

Taken, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide is the most light-hearted school drama/comedy to come around in a while - not only in the humor or range discussed topics, but also in its playful presentation. Perhaps it's in many ways the perfect guilty pleasure show? Whether or not you'll like this show depends on taste; but, in short, Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide succeeds in excellently manifesting itself into what it's supposed to be: a school comedy.

sweetness

Author: Trolls_Suck_Ass from United States
10 May 2007

Ned's the Classified School Survival Guide was one of those shows that I watched while doing homework, projects, or any "educational" type work that I had to do. Since I had plenty of those to do, NCSSG became a daily show that I JUST HAD TO WATCH. Every time I watched it, I laughed out loud. I mean, really loud. I even experienced some accidents while watching the show.(Not entirely true) Not only does it make me laugh, but it really taught me a lot about school. I know that most of the stuff is over exaggerating,but Ned's tips helped me tremendously during school hours. Ned's somewhat a middle school philosopher. The whole point is, the show is freaking awesome.

Throwback to classic Nick

Author: uptownrn from United States
3 May 2006

Being 18 and having only basic cable channels, my sick time TV choices are fairly limited. One of those sick days I caught an episode of Ned's Declassified school survival guide. I was hooked ever since.

The premise is simple one boy (Ned) and his two friends are trying to create a guide to surviving middle school. Each show made up of two fifteen minute episodes. Each episode focuses on one overall heading of "the guide" mentioned in the title.

What I like most about this show is the resemblance it bears to the Nick sitcoms when I was kid. The humor is young but not stupid, much like Clarissa Explains it All and Salute Your Shorts. Also, like Clarissa used to Ned talks directly to the camera, explaining "guide tips" and situations inside of the plot. Of course there are gags (it is still aimed at kids after all) but some of those gags are actually better for older kids and adults, like the vice principal who dresses like the guys from Miami Vice.

All in all this is a pretty good show, not great, but there are definitely worse out there, heck, there are even worse on Nickelodeon...like Zoey 101.

Adult Fan Comes Clean! (Details at 11)

Author: tpod 47 from United States
9 September 2007

I admit it, other than a few shows on Sci-Fi and HGTV, I don't watch much television, unless one of the kids of the house is. So quite often, we wind up watching cartoons or kid's programs. Which was what got me watching "Ned's Declassified" to begin with.

It was the clever writing, delightful acting and absolutely silly absurdist comedy that drew me back over and over again. Sure, like many other TV shows aimed at a pre-teen/teen audience, "Ned's" is about a group of kids trying to get through school, deal with adults that "just don't understand" and peers that are "out to get them", but it accomplishes this with an original style all its own. And along the way, the kids learn valuable lessons about creative thinking, problem resolution, compassion and empathy.

Two thumbs up from this Mom!

Nickelodeon, my faith has been restored

Author: zuzucat14 from United States
16 April 2006

I had just about given up on my beloved childhood station of so many years when one day I ran across this show. My sister was watching it in our living room and I became curious and joined her. I immediately found myself laughing and caring for the characters.

The show centers around Ned, a junior high student who's considered somewhat of an expert on school survival. Every episode deals with the ways he and his friends, Cookie and Mose, must cope with evil science teachers, student rivalries, bullies, and anything else that may crop up.

The acting is phenomenal, the script is brilliant, and the tips and characters are true to life. Nearly every school has at least one of these people wandering the halls. This is also one of the only shows to center solely on school life. Ned's home life is strictly off limits, as is everyone else's, which makes for a focused show with no annoying subplots.

A solid 9.5/10 for me.

So unrealistic.....and funny.....yet so realistic

Author: Nightingale1 from United States
21 June 2006

I love how everything on this show is so unrealistic, like digging tunnels, flushing toilets, or riding through the hallway on the janitor's cleaning machines. And yet, it's so realistic; the vice principal, the crushes, spirit week, everything. So many tips have helped me, too, such as reducing redness of a pimple, bullying, and pre-setting your locker without anyone being able to open it. This show is great for kids because it will really help help them in middle school all through high school, and great for adults because of it's true, hilarious, random humor. This is one show I really hope lasts a while on Nick. Whoever writes the script must be an expert on what school is really like, and how to make it better. It's good for kids to have a show like this. I have always enjoyed this show, right from when they kept switching classes with Moze up until they did the last day of school dance through the halls. I always will enjoy this show, no matter what.

Good Show!

Author: pinkmoose1000 from Australia
16 July 2006

I like this show a lot! It is a very funny show! Like the one when Cookie kept matching up with the husky! funny. It also gives great tips about school and how to make it better for you. i thought the show at first would be bad because of the LONG name But now i like the show a lot. I watch every time i can. It is one of the best shows on Nick. The actors and actresses act well. The show is NOT confusing. the name is long but good. they have funny and good shows. great you should watch it. i like it a lot. my family likes it a lot too so do my friends too. funny show. i give it a 10 out of 10! so do my friends and family. Good and nice people.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]