"Best Week Ever with Paul F. Tompkins" More at IMDbPro »"Best Week Ever" (original title)

"I Love the....Present"?

Author: dynamite_xi from Texas
11 April 2004

Imagine if "I Love the 80s" or "I Love the 70s" were about the past week instead. In a nutshell, that's the premise of this show.

What you have on "Best Week Ever" is a delightful commentary on pop culture, trends, interesting news, and entertainment by some of the funniest comedians and satirists of present day.

Michael Ian Black and Hal Sparks were left behind with "I Love the 80s Strike Back," but funnyman Mo Rocca has stayed on. He is joined by Chuck Nice, Rachael Harris, Paul Scheer, Miss Info, and "Modern Humorists" John Aboud and Michael Colton, among others.

Occasionally someone else will step in to comment. So far I've seen SNL's Darrell Hammond and "The Simpsons'" Yeardley Smith.

Overall, this show is hip and up-to-date, and it's definitely a breath of fresh air from all the rest of the world.

I love it. Ten stars out of ten.

A VERY good show

Author: (suicidaldragnfly@yahoo.com) from USA
2 July 2004

I love this show and watch it every week. True, it's not as good as I love the 80's, etc. but It's very unique and I do love most of the humor. I also like how they do fill you in on stuff that's happening because i do miss a lot. The two guys Michael and John are the funniest ones on there, though not as good as Hal Sparks or Michael Ian Black, their still funny. They can't be everywhere. In fact the two shows are very different so you can't tune in looking for it to be the same thing IT'S NOT. All in all i love this show and will continue to watch it.

Best Show Ever

Author: benjammin7412
15 May 2004

I love this show! I think what makes it the show that it is is that the sections They do i.e. Buzzsaw, Word of the Week and the best; upgrade/downgrade. The panelists are hysterical. Modern Humorist and Chuck Nice are the funniest people on vh1. As for it not having Mike Black or Hal Sparks, I can understand the dissapointment. But, this show is different than i love the 80's, its more upbeat, those guys arent a good fit. The only other guy who is on best week ever that was routinely on love the 80's is mo recca and he isnt even funny. The new people are funnier and they do something no other show on vh1 does, recognize there on vh1! My favorite line from the entire show(and i have seen every one) is when Paul F. Thomkins said " Next on VH1, I love variety shows, where you'll hear Michael Ian Black talk about Mo Recca." Also, on Upgrade/ Downgrade, it was coversong week, one of the Modern Humorist(John)said of Joss Stone covering White Stripes, "It was to soon, that would be like making jokes that happened in say, the past week." Stuff like that is what makes this show by far the best show on VH1.

Best show on VH1!

Author: Christopher Smith
27 May 2006

When I first heard about this show, I thought it would be great. I watched the first few episodes and they were pretty good. However, after the first six episodes or so, the show got old and stopped being very funny. I didn't start watching it again until January 2006 and now it's funnier than I ever remember it being. Like VH1's never ending "I Love..." series, "Best Week Ever" cleverly and not too subtlety pokes fun at celebrities and pop culture. Some of the panelists are the same as you would see on "I Love the 90s" or other VH1 programs and just like with those shows, some of the panelists are funny while others are terrible. Christian Finnegan has always been my favorite. His jokes hit 99% of the time and he always seem to be enjoying himself. While it is entertaining, "Best Week Ever" suffers from the same problems VH1's recent "I Love the '90s" did: it lacks name talent and some of the topics discussed are ones that nobody cares about. Also, reoccurring topics get old (Lindsay Lohan must be mentioned every week). It never reaches the level of the "I Love the 80s", but for what is is, "Best Week Ever" is better than it should be. 7/10

Best Show Ever

Author: benjammin7412
15 May 2004

"Best Week Ever" is Not the Best Show Ever . . . Far From It.

Author: D_Burke from United States
25 March 2008

I know people are going to disagree with me. I'll say it anyway: I can't stand "Best Week Ever". The show just sucks! It obviously has a following, and I know those people are going to say that my comments aren't "useful", but I don't care. You have to understand that this is only an opinion, though.

You're probably asking yourself, "Well, if you don't like the show, why don't you just turn the TV off?" Good question, because I usually like many of the other programs on VH1. In fact, you'll soon read my other glowing reviews of the "I Love the (fill in the blank decade)" specials, "Celebrity Fit Club", and "Celebrity Rehab". These shows have character, and they make for good television for reasons you'll find out from reading more.

"Best Week Ever", to me, is just not funny. If you've heard one joke about either Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, or anyone else the paparazzi stalks, then you've heard them all. There's nothing that "Best Week Ever" makes fun of that hasn't already been made fun of by better comedians.

Although I like some of the panelists (including Paul F. Tompkins, Greg Fitzsimmons, and Patrice O'Neal), most of them (especially The Greg Wilson) come off to me as unoriginal and as cocky as the celebrities they are trashing, not to mention not clever. It's almost as if being funny isn't a requirement for being on "Best Week Ever". You just have to be a pompous ass who has nothing better to do except watch reality TV (and lots of it) and look through the pictures of every celebrity gossip magazine in print. I bet the only time The Greg Wilson gets off the couch is to use the bathroom, go on this show, and make God-awful movies like "The Hottie & The Nottie". I haven't even seen the latter movie, nor do I have any intention to. I've seen a preview, though, and it's not surprising that the movie was critically panned.

So that's my opinion. I know that the show has a following, and I respect that following. I really do. I just think the show sucks, and most of the comedians on the show come off as mean high school kids who make fun of everyone and everything for the sake of making fun of it all. They're rebels without a clue as far as I'm concerned. Also, the fact that this show has been criticized for catering to low attention spans makes me rather read the Encyclopedia Britannica from A-Z than be exposed to thirty minutes of this show.

Worst show ever!

Author: chriscipollini from United States
17 September 2006

I hate this show. It's not funny, or even vaguley amusing. The premise is simple. They take all the weeks events in pop culture ( which as we know is the most important thing in the world)and they have a bunch of z list comedians who KNOWONE in the world has heard of make smarmy comments about them. Then at the end of the show, they have decide who has had the best week ever. Is that supposed to be funny or something? Often I find that most of their jokes are just plain disrespectful and offensive. The week after Katrina, these idiots were cracking jokes and saying that the Pussycat Dolls should make a song about it! This is an awful show that VH1 only uses to plug their TERRIBLE shows and it needs to be gotten rid of as soon as humanly possible!

Funny show, but some of those panelists need an ass whoopin'

Author: dlermajr2003 (dlermajr2003@yahoo.com) from El Paso Texas
18 July 2005

I think the show is funny (for the most part). It's just that many of these panelists seem to think that they are always right. I'm here to tell them that they're not. Some of them should be made fun of. Rachel Harris gets on my nerves. I'm surprised nobody has talked about that little wart under her lip. I know it's a mole, but what's the difference. And who's the guy with that major gap between his two front teeth. He makes Lauren Hutton and Madonna look like they have Brooke Shields teeth. BTW - I think Brooke Shields has very pretty teeth.

It's only a matter of time before VH1 or VHr make a show called "I Hate The People that Talked about I Love the 70's, 80's, and 90's". If they do make a show like that, I'd like to be on it. :P

This sure ain't "I Love The 80s"

Author: Crazy4Corey
19 April 2004

I hate this show. In fact, the only reason I kept watching it was because Sean Astin was on the first episode I saw, and I thought he was a recurring panelist. Imagine my disappointment when I found out he wasn't.

I miss Michael Ian Black and Hal Sparks. If they were on the show, I'd have something to look forward to every week. I wonder if the producers thought they'd get higher ratings using the least funny and worst-looking panelist from the Holy Trinity of the "I Love The 80s" shows (Mo Rocca). And who told Rachael Harris and Kennedy that they were funny? I sure don't think so. This show is no more than C-list comedians going over the top in trying to make the show as funny as "I Love The 80s Strikes Back". Doesn't work. I give this show 0 out of 10 stars.