IMDb > "Tavis Smiley" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Tavis Smiley" More at IMDbPro »

Tavis Smile is the MAN!!!

Author: EasyAttack from Los Angeles, California
21 October 2004

I love this show. Tavis Smiley's PBS show is good enough to be on network television. Tavis books the best guests and asks good questions. The people at BET are idiots for letting this man go. My only complaint about this show is that it is only 30 minutes when it should be a full hour. Tavis Smiley always represents! If you haven't seen this show, or never watch PBS, I suggest you start. Tavis Smiley has had guests ranging from Tom Cruise, John Edwards, Maya Angelou, Bruce Willis, Borack Obama, and others. Politicians, actors, writers, artists... Tavis has them all. I really cannot stress how good this show. Tavis's show takes place in Los Angeles and represents with Los Angeles is all about(at least the part where I am from). Keep doing your thing Tavis!

Talented Tavis!

Author: fkravarik from United States
22 July 2006

I can't comprehend why Tavis Smiley has not been invited as a guest on high profile talk shows. I'm baffled. Unless I've missed it, he hasn't been a guest on the Oprah Show, Jay Leno, David Letterman, daily and Sunday morning talk shows, Hardball, etc. He's certainly knowledgeable enough. How is it possible that VIP's from the worlds of politics, entertainment and every other genre have been interviewed by Tavis, but hosts of most prime-time shows have not sought his take on just about any subject? This oversight should be corrected immediately. Tavis Smiley is terrific! Again, I'm baffled... After a daily diet of Black men behaving badly paraded before the public on the evening news, it's refreshing to see Tavis at the top of his game every evening on the Tavis Smiley Show.

Hat's turned to the side

Author: parkerstouch06 from United States
9 October 2006

Thank you for allowing me this opportunity to make a comment even asking a Question. I would like to know the concept behind young even old males/females of wearing cap's turn to the side. In my day of upbringing it was looked at as being slow,retarded and ignorant, today it is just the opposite please help me understand. I have been told it is a Hip Hop style.I feel that everything has it's purpose such as the bid is used to blocking the sun. Tavis I know you will get to the core of this issue I'm only looking for some clarity. Hate to hear you are going off the air you will be missed. I'll look for you in Atlanta. Please keep me informed of you upcoming events. and will you be seeking or have you found another network, and what about your spot on the radio. You are such an inspiration to our people or it would be better to say an inspiration to people as a whole what a classy man you are.