IMDb > WrestleMania XX (2004) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WrestleMania XX (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Wrestlemania XX

Author: wrestlingsitewebmaster from England
17 August 2005

This was supposed to be the best Wrestlemania ever, but it wasn't. WWE crammed too many performers on the card, many matches were crap.

Match 1 sees 'The Doctor of Thugonomics' John Cena battling the Big Show for the US title. The crowd goes crazy for Cena. The action was fair at least by Cena's standards, but the most impressive part of this match was when Cena F-U'd Show and got the win! Next up 4 teams from Raw battle it out in a crap match. Rob Van Dam and Booker T put their worthless tag titles on the line against Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade, The Dudley Boyz and La Resistance. RVD and Booker retained, but I didn't care.

Then Christian and Chris Jericho had a respectable match but I've seen better from both individuals. One point in the match Christian hit a nasty DDT on Y2J. Christian wins when Trish Stratus turns on Y2J. This was a good shocker and it certainly opened my eyes.

Next up one match I was looking forward to. It should have been a classic, but did the 5 participants make this a classic? No. The Rock and Mick Foley took on Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista in a comedy match, which made me angry. I was looking forward to this and thank you Rock and Flair for spoiling this.

Then in what should have been a great match up turned into a slump. The Cruiserweight Battle Royal which consisted of Rey Mysterio, Shannon Moore, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Nunzio, Akio, Tajiri, Kidman, Ultimo Dragon and Cruiserweight Champ Chavo Guerrero had a fair match, but it was allocated in a mere time slot of 9 minutes and 45 seconds. The match didn't stand a chance.

Next up the Hall of Fame takes place. Superstars such as Tito Santana, Greg Valentine and Bobby Heenan take their Hall of Fame honors and they deserve it, unlike Pete Rose! WTF has he done to deserve that!? Boy did the fans let WWE know they made a mistake by giving Rose a Hall of Fame invitation, they booed his arse out of Madison Square Garden and rightfully so. Apparently Bob Backlund was so upset by this that he more or less told McMahon to shove his invitation up his arse, and I don't blame him! Next up The Smackdown! Tag Champs Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty took on the APA, The Bashams and Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin in a poor, crap, useless match. Rik and Scotty won but like the Raw tag match I didn't care.

Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar's match proved to be a failure. Fans knew they would be leaving and killed it stone dead! Taker and Kane's match was memorable for the wrong reason (Taker's entrance was better than his match!) Victoria and Molly put on a fair match which saw Molly getting her hair shaved! And Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle put on a fantastic battle, which saw 'Latino Heat' keep his WWE title, from some lying, cheating and stealing.

The best match on the card was the fantastic battle between World Champ Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit. Benoit won the match and the fans approved.

Overall Grade - B-

One of the great PPV'S

Author: Stampsfightclub from United Kingdom
20 October 2010

Wrestlemania is what its all about and this is one of the greatest PPVS ever for numerous reasons. The party starts with a great rendition of the American national anthem and then it is right down to business.

US championship John Cena vs Big Show

A very good opening that Cena showcased his old better mic skills. Still the build up and actual match were good if not the best we've seen between the pair. Thankfully the ending isn't as cheesy as current WWE programming.

World tag team championship Booker T and RVD vs The Dudley Boys vs La Resistance vs Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade.

This fatal four way for the tag team championship had some great spots but there is only two good teams who weren't featured nearly enough

Christian vs Chris Jericho

Fantastic match that had a great build up. They were essentially wrestling all thanks to Trish Stratus and Lita and their wrestling did the talking. Great spots, great twists and turns and for first time viewing what an ending.

The Rock and Mick Foley vs Batista, Randy Orton and Ric Flair

Before going to wrestle we see Foley and Rock backstage and Rocky didn't seem the wrestler of old and it showed somewhat in the ring to. A good match that had a great sense of comedy styling

Torrie Wilson and Sable vs Miss Jackie and Stacey Kiebler

Reasonable tag team match, the fans liked the fact it was changed to a lingerie match

WWE 10 man cruiserweight championship match Great match that lasted longer than normal. Many superstars to watch out for but watch out for Billy Kidman's shooting star press, oh my God.

Brock Lesner vs Goldberg

This had a very good build up but it was more of a staring competition than a wrestling match. The fans really slammed Lesnar for selling out

WWE tag team championship Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs APA vs The Bashams vs Shelton Benjamen and Charlie Haas.

Like the previous tag team title match there were good spots but not enough awe to entertain

WWE women's championship Victoria vs Molly Holly

One of the more competitive women's matches you'll see good twists and turns and an over sold ending

WWE Championship Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero

Very, very good match. The Olympic vs latino heat was brilliant great moves, build up and what a brilliant ending that epitomises the characters

Kane vs Undertaker

The return of the dead man resounded around Madison square garden and what a match to follow. Brothers divided this showed some skillful and powerful executions and Undertaker is once again sensational

World Heavyweight championship Triple H vs HBK vs Chris Benoit

This triple threat match lasted a joyous long time that had a good build up and nice to hear the fans getting behind the right man. How the end came about was great

Overall entertaining PPV and certainly worth catching

I thought it was good!

Author: xyz_soccaplaya from Canada
23 February 2005

My thought on this wrestlemania was as follows:

the best i have every seen, that might not be much coming from a 2 year wrestling fan but of the 2 iv'e seen, this was the best. My favorite match(other than the evening gown match of course) was the undertaker making his return to the industry. I personally prefer his new look, besides the fact that he used to be a biker and now he's a dead biker(weird)

But over all I would give Wrestlemaina XX a 8/10. Sorry all yal critics I disagree

Dandude100000

Wrestlemania XX, Madison Square Garden, anything can happen...

Author: jakespick from United States
6 May 2010

...but not much did.

This was barely an above average Wrestlemania, in my opinion, and pales greatly in comparison to both its preceding and succeeding Wrestlemanias (XIX and XXI). The opening matches were obvious card fillers, other than the surprisingly entertaining US Championship match. The Women's Title match was interesting, and the image of Molly Holly getting her head shaved will be forever remembered.

The main events were also interesting. The Guerrero vs. Angle match for the WWE Title was a bit under-hyped (for a good reason) and, surprising turn-out nonetheless, could've been saved for a later time. Not Wrestlemania XX. As much as I love Eddie and miss him, he wasn't really the best WWE champion I've seen. The Triple Threat Match was excellent, a great choice for the main event, and what I believe is this Wrestlemania's savior from being just mediocre.

The Goldberg vs. Lesnar match was simply horrifying. The last match for these two in the WWE seeing as how both wanted out quickly (Lesnar felt he could do better, and Bill just didn't care for the programming). However, the idea of these super-superstars colliding was one of the many "dream match" entries you'd find on all the blogs all across the internet. The two of them didn't seem to care much for the business anymore, and seemed bored going into the match, not caring about how much the fans thought of it. The only thing that saved this match was the always electrifying Stone Cold Steve Austin as guest referee.

Overall, Wrestlemania XX was probably the last great over-hyped Wrestlemania that the WWE is going to give us. Many people believe that Wrestlemania XXIV was over-hyped, I disagree, only the Big Show vs. Mayweather was over-hyped. Anyways, I'd have to say that the WWE is descending in quality and controversy week by week, and with these latest episodes of Raw that I've seen, Vince knows it.

Oh boy does he know it.

wrestlemania XX

Author: josh howe (josh231094@hotmail.com) from Australia
4 April 2010

well this wrestlemania was special as it was 20 years of wrestlemania and they showed that by putting a massive 12 matches on the card 1st up was John Cena vs Big Show for the united states title decent match surprisingly Cena gets the win after a F.U on Big Show a bit unrealistic but hey its WWE 2nd was a fatal four way match for the world tag team titles Rob Van Dam and booker t defend against Dudley boys garrison Cade and mark Jindrak and La Resistance a little short and boring booker and Rob Van Dam retain 3rd was Chris Jericho vs Christian in a surprisingly good match Christian gets the win 4th up was a 2 on 3 handicap match with the rock and Mick Foley taking on randy Orton Ric flair and Batista pretty disappointing match i wanted more from it flair Batista and Orton get the win 5th up was the first ever playboy evening gown match sable and Torrie Wilson take on Stacy Keibler and miss Jackie what can i say HOT HOT HOT 6th up was the cruiser weight open too many people to name I'm lazy but Chavo Guerrero retains after pinning Rey Mysterio 7th was Goldberg against Brock Lesnar both were leaving the company after this match so it was nothing special Goldberg gets the win 8th was a fatal four way match for the tag team titles scotty 2 hotty and rikishi defend against apa and basham brothers and world greatest tag team nothing special here rikishi and scotty 2 hotty retain 9th was the womens title match Victoria defending against molly holly Victoria retains and shaves molly holly's head 10th was Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt angle for the wwe title what a match this was Eddie retains in funny circumstances 11th was undertaker vs Kane taker coming back from a break and taking his undefeated wrestlemania streak to 12-0 12th and last much the main event was triple h vs Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels triple threat match for the world heavyweight title unbelievable match as it had to be very good to top Kurt and Eddie's match earlier Overall a very good wrestlemania i don't think the best one ever but it is a worth while watch if ur a wwe fan

Wresltemania 20. Where it all begins again.

Author: callanvass
9 February 2010

Wrestlemania 20 is one of the greatest Wrestlemania's ever in my opinion, outside of a few lackluster matches. The atmosphere, and the electricity that was going on, amazed me. The Undertaker's return is chilling, and I loved the controversial crowd, even if they were dead for a few of the stuff, that they shouldn't have been. Every 10 years, Wrestlemania emanates from The Garden, so this was really special. There were so many great moments. Between Beniot's amazing title win, and Trish's shocking heel turn, it was just a great, riveting show all around, and remains one of my favorite Wrestlemania's.

Matches.

United States Title.

John Cena Vs The Big Show|C|. Cena gets a HUGE pop. Entertaining antics from Cena at the start. Crowd is into it, but I couldn't due to all the boredom it was providing. I like both of these guys, but they just don't mix well. Cena wins by ,hitting the Attitude Adjustment.

Fatal Four Way World Tag Team Championships. Booker.T&RVD Vs Garrison Cade&Mark Jindrak Vs The Dudley Boyz Vs La Resistance. Dudley's get a huge pop. Not bad for its type, with some exciting spots, especially from Book and RVD. Crowd had trouble getting into it though, and Cade and Jindrak looked lost. Booker and RVD retain.

2 1/2 /5

Christian Vs Chris Jericho. Nice pop for Y2J. Absolutely fabulous match, that ranks among the best of Wrestlemania matches. With these two, you know what you're getting, and that's the best. The psychology and mind games from Christian, was great. Christian wins, when Trish seemingly whacks Jericho, by mistake. Trish makes in my opinion, one of the most shocking heel turns in history, by siding with Christian after the match. It's not only shocking, but amazingly hot.

Handicap Match.

Evolution Vs Rock 'n' Sock Connection. Nice pops for Rock and Foley. Starts off a little slowly, but once it kicks into gear, it never looks back. Very solid stuff, from all involved, even Batista. I loved how Dwayne and Ric, mocked each other, it was a nice touch. Randy kills another legend in the end, by getting the win, by hitting Foley with the RKO.

3 1/2 /5

Playboy Evening Gown Match. Stacy Kiebler&Jackie Vs Torrie&Sable. Pretty pointless, but definitely some great eye candy, and it wasn't as bad as I thought. Stacy looked incredible, I must say. Torrie's team wins with a roll up

Cruiserweight Open. Really exciting stuff here, with the crowd sadly dead for most of it. All of these guys are capable performers, and for once it was great to not see Rey get the victory. Kidman's shooting star press, off the top, on the floor was great. Chavo wins, with help from Chavo Sr.

Goldberg Vs Brock Lesnar Special Guest Ref "Stone Cold Steve Austin"

OK pop for Austin. LOUD Boo's for Lesnar and Goldberg, though Goldberg gets mildly cheered, at the start. An absolute disgrace of a match, as it was well-known, both were leaving WWE at this time. No effort was put in, and the crowd shat all over them. Goldberg wins with a Jackhammer. Afterwards Austin has the last laugh, by stunning both men, much to the crowd's approval.

WWE Tag Team Championship Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty (c) Vs The World's Greatest Tag Team Vs The Basham Brothers and The APA. OK tag match up, merely filler stuff though, with the crowd caring less, about the outcome. Rikishi and Scotty were not all that convincing, and putting over The World's Greatest Tag Team, would have been better instead. Rikishi and 2 Hotty retain, when Rikishi hits a sit down splash.

Hair Vs Title. Victoria|C| Vs Molly Holly. Decent sized pop for Victoria actually. Once the match starts though, crowd is dead. Both ladies looked hot, but the match itself was disappointing, considering the talent of the two combined. Victoria wins, with a lame backslide. Fun is ensued after, with Victoria cutting of Molly's hair.

1 1/2 /5

WWE Championship. Eddie Guerrero|C| Vs Kurt Angle. Surprisingly lackluster pop's for both. The match itself, is really excellent, with the two giving it there usual. The built up feud was awesome as well, as Kurt plays a great heel, who's dedicated on getting the title back, while showing them a non drug addicted champion. Crowd is sadly dead for most of it. Eddie wins, when he fools Kurt.

4 1/2 /5

The Undertaker Vs Kane. HUGE pop for Taker's return, defining almost. Paul Bearer returns. Very mediocre, and it buried Kane's excellent work, as a monster heel. I like The Undertaker a lot, but I wish Kane looked more convincing. Taker wins with the Tombstone, much to the crowd's delight.

1 1/2 /5

World Heavyweight Championship. Triple H|C| Vs HBK Vs Chris Beniot. Nice pops for all 3 men. Crowd is firmly with Beniot, with lots of "Let's go Beniot" chants, along with some minor "HBK" ones. By far the best match of the night, and dare I say rivals to be the best in Wrestlemania history? it's definitely up their. The 3 just gelled together, you could obviously tell. All 3 poured there hearts into making this match, the classic that it is, with its unpredictability and non stop excitement. In one of the greatest moments I have ever witnessed, Beniot wins the title, by making Triple H tap out. Beniot and Eddie celebrate afterwords, in a really touching moment.

Bottom line. Wrestlemania 20 is a great experience, and definitely one of my favorites, for many reasons. It deserves it's praise from all the wrestling fans, and at the time, brought my faith back to wrestling. This is one you need to experience if you haven't. An absolute must see.

Possibly one of the best WrestleManias ever!

Author: kriegpaolo_23 from Indonesia
14 July 2007

I read the other comments and were shocked to see so many critics. I actually thought it was great. It was long (I know some people don't enjoy the length), but that's what makes me love it. I think this is one of the few WrestleManias where all champions actually appear. Most of them appear to defend their titles, except for the Intercontinental Champion, Randy Orton, who participated in another match. On top of that, WrestleMania XX has one of the most dramatic WrestleMania endings of all-time. I'll bring up my arguments.

Big Show (c) vs. John Cena - US Title. This was when Cena still had decent skills and when he was still loved by the fans. I thought his skills was so-so back then, I only cheered him few times because of his mic skills (still good as of 2004). Okay, we go on to the match. The match was decent, it was alright. For wrestlers with skills like Big Show and Cena, this is what I'd probably expect. At least. Cena winning with brass knucks and two F-U's not only did put Cena over, but also the Big Show. 7/10

Rob Van Dam & Booker T (c) vs. Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. La Résistance - World Tag Team Titles. This match was not too bad, sure it might be pointless, but it is quite amusing. I love all the teams (especially La Résistance), but I need to note down an exception. I didn't know what the hell Cade and Jindrak are doing in WrestleMania. It should be someone else, I believe Lance Storm was still around back then, and he should be in there, along with Val Venis. Overall, it was a so-so match. I didn't like it too much, but I didn't hate it either. 6/10

Christian vs. Chris Jericho. This one was really good in my opinion. The two wrestlers performed above their standards, and the match is well done. Combined by the nice pre-match promo and a surprise ending, I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10

Evolution vs. Rock 'n' Sock Connection. This one was highly entertaining (thanks to The Rock and Ric Flair) and the build-up was quite good. I didn't like the idea of it being Handicap Match, maybe Flair should be in the ringside. I also didn't like how Evolution was extremely over in the match. This win was important for Batista and Orton, but at least, they should make it a decent battle. The Rock didn't get to show much, and the match was over when Orton did an RKO on Foley. Hmmm. 7/10

Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie. Pretty amusing, except Miss Jackie showed such a small wrestling talent. It is a standard Diva match. 5/10

Cruiserweight Open - Chavo Guerrero (c) - Cruiserweight Title. This is one of the best matches of the night. I love the cruiserweight being not excluded from such an important event. So much high-flying actions and a little bit of drama, I really like it. I just hope Paul London was there, but unfortunately he wasn't in the picture. 8/10

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar w/Austin as Guest Ref. It was all hype and very boring, yeah, I admit that. It had nice moments in the end of the match, and Goldberg won with his usual combination. Austin did his stunners, yeah, love that. 5/10

Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty (c) vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The APA - WWE Tag Team Titles. I always enjoyed the presence of tag title matches like this, I never like the idea of champions being excluded, thank God none did. Well, I love the APA and WGTT. Rikishi and Scotty were highly entertaining, but it's a shame Scotty went on to become a jobber. Other than that, it's a so-so match. 6/10

Victoria (c) vs. Molly Holly - Women's Title. This one was a great Diva match. It has an edgier feel, since Molly's hair is at stake. Both divas performed above standards, and I like it. I was also amazed at Molly, I respect her willing to shave her head in front of an audience. If I were Vince I would give her a title reign, it's a shame such a great female wrestler had to leave WWE. 7/10

Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Kurt Angle - WWE Title. Another great match. You can never have bad matches when Kurt and Eddie are in the ring respectively. Having both performers in the ring is like an icing on the cake. The build-up was good, and it has entertaining moments and creative finish. As much as I love Kurt, I gotta gave Eddie his due. 9/10

Kane vs. The Undertaker. The build-up was so great and intense. Taker's entrance was fabulous, unfortunately the match is not as good as expected. Taker dominated 95% of the match. 6/10

Triple H (c) vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - World Heavyweight Title. The best match of the night, and WWE facts say that this is one of the best WrestleMania matches of all-time. Great match, I never got bored watching this over and over again. There was no boring point in the match, plus the finish was great. Dramatic moments and ending. It all fits. 10/10

On top of all that, I recommend anyone to watch this. For those who watched it the first time might get bored, but if you have the DVD, there is no problem in skipping matches, is there?

Slightly Disappointed

Author: jameslj-cannon from United Kingdom
13 December 2006

The amount of hype that Wrestlemania XX got was unreal. However, I always had a feeling in my gut that the event would not live up to the huge hype surrounding it. Unfortunately, I was right. This was, in all honesty quite average. However, the amazing main event saved this event from the brink of obscurity. Anyway, here are the results from Madison Square Garden, Where it all began again:

Match 1:US Title Match: Big Show vs. John Cena. This was an OK match. Cena got dominated by the big man for a good majority of the match. Cena pulled out the win when he hit Show with two FU's. Winner and new champ: John Cena

Match 2:World Tag Team Title Match: Rob Van Dam and Booker T vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade. I hate tag team matches. This match was very bad in my opinion. RVD and the Book retained their titles. Winners and still champs: RVD and Book

Match 3:Chris Jericho vs. Christian. I didn't think that this match would do anything for me, however, this proved to be a great match. Great performances by Y2J and Christian. The match ended in shocking fashion, as Trish Stratus "accidentally" elbowed Y2J, costing him the match. Just to rub it in his face, Christian and Trish had some tonsil tennis action going on to prove that the two had joined forces. Winner: Christian

Match 4:2 on 3 Handicap Match: Rock 'n Sock Connection vs. Evolution. It was great to see the Rock and Mick Foley team up for, possibly, the last time. This was a very entertaining match. I am still a bit bummed with the ending though. I still believe that Rock and Foley should have won. Lets face it, this was probably The Rock's last appearance in the WWE, and yet Evolution won. Orton hit Foley with an RKO out of nowhere for the win. Winners: Evolution

Match 5:Playboy Evening Gown Match: Torrie Wilson and Sable vs. Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!! Don't get me wrong, it's great to see these beautiful women in nothing but their undies, however, this is Wrestlemania and this match did not deserve to be on the card. Well Torrie won the match for the Smackdown girls. Winners: Torrie and Sable

Match 6:Cruiserweight Title Open. This match could have been longer in my opinion. It was way too short. Anyway, it was very exciting while it lasted. Chavo Gurrero won to retain the title when Chavo senior helped him pick up the pin on Rey Mysterio. Winner and still champ: Chavo

Match 7:Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar:Special guest referee:Stone Cold Steve Austin. The biggest DUD in Wrestlemania history. For all the hype surrounding this match, this was a huge disappointment. The two men stared at each other for nigh on 7 or 8 minutes. I thought that the crowd would start a riot, as they vented their anger on them both. As both Bill and Brock were leaving the WWE, the writers wanted them to leave with the fans hating them. Anyway Bill won the match with the spear and the jackhammer, but the crowd was dead. Austin stunned Brock after the match, which woke the crowd. Bill came back in the ring to celebrate with Austin, so they both started to swig beer down their throats. Austin then looked at Bill, and hit him with a stunner as well. Winner: Goldberg

Match 8:WWE Tag Team Title Match: Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs. The APA vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The Worlds Greatest Tag Team. Very much like the tag match earlier. Poor and forgettable. Scotty and the big Kish won to retain the titles. Winners and still champs: Scotty and Kish

Match 9:Womens Title Match: Victoria vs. Molly Holly. If Molly loses, then she gets her head shaved. The match was again, extremely short. Victoria won by getting Molly in a backslide pin. Funny at the end watching Molly lose her hair. Winner and still champ: Victoria

Match 10:WWE Title Match: Eddie Gurrero vs. Kurt Angle. This was a rather disappointing match that didn't excite me that much. A real cheap ending for a WWE Title match as well, as Eddie slipped out of the ankle lock, by slipping out of his boot. Eddie rolled up the shocked challenger and held the ropes for the win. Winner and still champ: Eddie

Match 11:The Undertaker vs. Kane. Another big disappointment. This was no where near as good as the classic match they had at Wrestlemania XIV. Anyway, Taker's entrance was spine tingling. Perhaps the best entrance at a Wrestlemania ever. It seemed to last longer than the match itself. Taker won to stay undefeated at Mania, by Tombstoning Kane (he kicked out of two tombstones in the match at XIV). Winner: Taker

Match 12:Triple Threat Match for The World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit. This is perhaps the greatest triple threat match I have ever seen. The crowd was solidly behind Benoit for this one. Surprisingly, this match was a bloodbath, as Michaels and The Game bled gallons. I thought Benoit was taken out of the match when he was suplexed by HBK and the Game through one of the announce tables. However, Benoit returned, and won the match when he made the Game tap to the Crippler Cross Face. Unreal match, perhaps the best main event in Mania history. Nice touch at the end with Benoit and Eddie Guerrero hugging in the centre of the ring, with confetti filling MSG. Winner and new champ: Benoit

This event disappointed me, it no where near lived up to expectation. However, a couple of good matches in mid card, and the unforgettable main event, saved this Mania from being labelled a disaster. Very average, when it could have been so much better.

The best Wrestlemania ever

Author: kliko400 from Australia
3 September 2006

When i first watched Wrestlemania, i knew that this was probably the best Wrestlemania i have ever seen.

First match-John Cena vs. Big Show for the WWE United States championship This was a very good start for Wrestlemania as the first match of the night, John Cena becomes new U.S Champion after hitting his second F-U on Big Show. 5/10

Second match- Rob Van Dam & Booker T vs. Dudley Boys vs. La Resistance vs. Mark Jindrak & Garrison Cade in a fatal 4 way tag team match for the World Tag Team Championship This wasn't a very bad match, but at the same time wasn't very good either but still enjoyable to watch. Rob Van Dam & Booker T retain after both men hit their combined finishers on D Von to win the match. 5/10

Third match- Sable & Torrie Wilson vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie this was not a good match, but the divas were hot which was all for eye candy. Sable & Torrie Wilson get the win. 2/10

Fourth match- Christian vs. Chris Jericho This was a controversial match between these two former friends, this was actually a good match in my opinion, Christian wins after Trish Stratus interferes costing Jericho the win. Christian nails a roll-up for a pin on Jericho. 5/10

Fifth match- Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar. Special guest referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin This was probably the only boring match of the night, Goldberg wins after a Spear then a Jackhgammmer for the win. Also this was the last time these two men would be wrestling. 3/10

Sixth match- Evolution {Ric Flair, Batista & Randy Orton} vs. Rock & Mick Foley in a two on three handicap match Not very bad. Evolution wins after Randy Orton hits a RKO on Mick Foley for the win. 6/10

Seventh match- Cruiserweight Invitational match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Funaki vs. Akio vs. Billy Kidman vs. Nunzio vs. Tajiri vs. Ultimo Dragon vs. Jamie Noble This was in my opinion the best match of the night, Chavo retains his Cruiserweight Championship after a cradle roll up on Mysterio using the ropes for leverage. 6/10

Eight match- Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi vs. APA vs. World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Basham Brothers This was a nice match filled with great spot & action, Scotty 2 Hotty & Rikishi retain after Rikishi pinned one member of the Basham Brothers for the win. 5/10

Ninth match- Vuctoria vs. Molly Holly for the Women's Championship, loser gets his hair shaved bald Not a very good match between these two Divas but the ending is just too enjoyable to watch. Victoria gets a Widows Peak on Molly Holly then gets to shave her hair bald in a funny, hilarious scene. 4/10

Tenth match- Eddie Guerrero vs. Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship This was also one of the top matches of the night. Both these men just gave it all they had & pulled out a very classic & memorable match which i think everybody & the fans enjoyed it as well. Eddie wins after getting a roll up on Angle using the ropes for leverage as well. 6/10

Eleventh match- Undertaker vs. Kane The big wait is over, Undertaker finally returns to defeat Kane in a not bad type of match. Undertaker nails a Tombstone to defeat his brother Kane. 5/10

Twelvth & final match of the night- Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Championship This was a bloody triple-threat match while at the same it was good & enjoyable to watch. Chris Benoit wins after making the Game tap out to the Crossface to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. After the match, two best friends, Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit start celebrating with their titles in one of the memorable Wrestlemania's ever in the history of the WWE. 6/10

Overall: The best Wrestlemania ever with a 10/10 & definitely A+ passable.

WrestleMania XX. Where it all begins again.

Author: Stuart Wilson from Kirkcaldy, Scotland
18 August 2006

Twenty years after the original WrestleMania extravaganza the WWE returned to its birthplace of Madison Square Garden, New York City for the anniversary event. A staggering seven championship matches, the reuniting of The Rock and Sock Connection, Lesner facing Goldberg, two former best friends going at it and the return of The Undertaker. This could be the ultimate wrestling event. What could possible go wrong? Let's get started.

The battle of the monsters between Lesner and Goldberg was the biggest disappointment in WrestleMania history. With almost five months of solid build up this clash was pathetic. The MSG fans knew that this was going to be Goldberg's last match but what we had also found out was that Lesner also now planned to leave the WWE after the event. The crowd were after Lesner's blood and responded by being as vocal as any ECW crowd of the past. Not even special referee Stone Cold Steve Austin could make this a match worthy in any way shape or form of the hype. Goldberg won but nobody cared.

Another fault on the five-hour show was simply there were too many matches than no one cared about crammed into the stacked card. Unfortunately both tag team championship matches would not have been missed on this night. The same could be said about the Cruiserweight Invitational. Why couldn't it just have been a normal one on one match with a good build up instead of cramming so many men into one match. Pointless. Incidentally all the champions retained their gold in those matches. Also the tag team inter promotional bra and panties match was the usual poor excuse for entertainment. I won't even give it any more of my time by writing about it.

The Undertaker was last seen at Novembers Survivor Series. At that event he had the privilege of being buried alive by his brother Kane. This set up perfectly the return of Mark Calloways dead man gimmick. Undertaker returned with Paul Bearer to a thunderous ovation. Unfortunately that is where the excitement ended. The two storyline brother plodded through their match with the outcome never in any doubt. Undertaker won, keeping his undefeated streak at the big one alive.

Mick Foley and The Rock were teaming up again for the first time in four years against Evolution members Randy Orton, Ric Flair and Batista. This was a very entertaining match. Seeing Ric Flair and The Rock go at it was great and at some times very funny. Trouble was, after all the months Mick Foley, Randy Orton and the WWE put into making their feud a must see it was then turned into a comedy match by The Rock and Flair. This was still one of the matches of the night and as big a fan of Foley as I am the right decision was right to elevate Evolution with the win.

Chris Jericho lost to Christian in a good match when interference from Trish Stratus backfires. However fans were in for a shock and as was Jericho at the end of the match when Trish turned heel on Jericho, slapping him repeatedly. Christian and Trish then sealed the deal in front of the worldwide audience by kissing at the top of the ramp.

Speaking of women the WWE Woman's Champion was on the line as Victoria defended against Molly Holly. The stipulation for this one was simple. If Molly did not win the gold she would have her head shaved bald. Unluckily for Molly she was not successful and even after she tried to escape she lost her brunette barnett to the barber. Unlike past Hair vs. Hair matches, Molly was shaved down to the wood.

The main event from the blue brand was Eddie Guerrero defending the WWE Championship against Kurt Angle. This was a technically sound match and very, very good but the way they had been booking the run up to this I was expecting these two men to tear each other apart in a bloody brawl. It was Guerrero who came out successful at the end of the match by slipping out the ankle lock and his boot to pin the stunned challenger.

The Triple Threat match for the World Heavyweight Championship was the last match of the show and it was, by a mile, the match of the night. This was thee, if not one of the greatest Triple Threat matches of all time. Chris Benoit, Mr WrestleMania Shawn Michaels and defending champion, Triple H stepped up a level as only they knew how to do. Back and forth action all the way, top skill, blood galore, this match had it all and will take some beating to lose out on Best Wrestling Match of 2004. It was The Crippler, Chris Benoit who the fans were behind from the start. A man who has worked his way thought the ranks of wrestling for many many years with being able to capture the big one. Well tonight was his lucky night. After suplexing HBK to the outside of the ring he took down The Game with the crossface. The Game tried to fight it off but it was not to be. Triple H had no choice but to tape out and Chris Benoit was crowned new World Heavyweight Champion. In a rare moment and one that was truly emotional, Eddie Guerrero hit the ring to embrace his best friend as the fireworks went off and Benoit cried with joy.

WrestleMania XX. Where it all begins again. Such a mixture of excellence and rubbish all in the one show it is difficult to decide how to rate it. This should have been a lot better by a mile but the few matches that were good plus the cracking main event made this event worth watching.