IMDb > WrestleMania XX (2004) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WrestleMania XX (TV) More at IMDbPro »

One of the great PPV'S

Author: Stampsfightclub from United Kingdom
20 October 2010

Wrestlemania is what its all about and this is one of the greatest PPVS ever for numerous reasons. The party starts with a great rendition of the American national anthem and then it is right down to business.

US championship John Cena vs Big Show

A very good opening that Cena showcased his old better mic skills. Still the build up and actual match were good if not the best we've seen between the pair. Thankfully the ending isn't as cheesy as current WWE programming.

World tag team championship Booker T and RVD vs The Dudley Boys vs La Resistance vs Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade.

This fatal four way for the tag team championship had some great spots but there is only two good teams who weren't featured nearly enough

Christian vs Chris Jericho

Fantastic match that had a great build up. They were essentially wrestling all thanks to Trish Stratus and Lita and their wrestling did the talking. Great spots, great twists and turns and for first time viewing what an ending.

The Rock and Mick Foley vs Batista, Randy Orton and Ric Flair

Before going to wrestle we see Foley and Rock backstage and Rocky didn't seem the wrestler of old and it showed somewhat in the ring to. A good match that had a great sense of comedy styling

Torrie Wilson and Sable vs Miss Jackie and Stacey Kiebler

Reasonable tag team match, the fans liked the fact it was changed to a lingerie match

WWE 10 man cruiserweight championship match Great match that lasted longer than normal. Many superstars to watch out for but watch out for Billy Kidman's shooting star press, oh my God.

Brock Lesner vs Goldberg

This had a very good build up but it was more of a staring competition than a wrestling match. The fans really slammed Lesnar for selling out

WWE tag team championship Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs APA vs The Bashams vs Shelton Benjamen and Charlie Haas.

Like the previous tag team title match there were good spots but not enough awe to entertain

WWE women's championship Victoria vs Molly Holly

One of the more competitive women's matches you'll see good twists and turns and an over sold ending

WWE Championship Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero

Very, very good match. The Olympic vs latino heat was brilliant great moves, build up and what a brilliant ending that epitomises the characters

Kane vs Undertaker

The return of the dead man resounded around Madison square garden and what a match to follow. Brothers divided this showed some skillful and powerful executions and Undertaker is once again sensational

World Heavyweight championship Triple H vs HBK vs Chris Benoit

This triple threat match lasted a joyous long time that had a good build up and nice to hear the fans getting behind the right man. How the end came about was great

Overall entertaining PPV and certainly worth catching

Wrestlemania XX

Author: wrestlingsitewebmaster from England
17 August 2005

This was supposed to be the best Wrestlemania ever, but it wasn't. WWE crammed too many performers on the card, many matches were crap.

Match 1 sees 'The Doctor of Thugonomics' John Cena battling the Big Show for the US title. The crowd goes crazy for Cena. The action was fair at least by Cena's standards, but the most impressive part of this match was when Cena F-U'd Show and got the win! Next up 4 teams from Raw battle it out in a crap match. Rob Van Dam and Booker T put their worthless tag titles on the line against Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade, The Dudley Boyz and La Resistance. RVD and Booker retained, but I didn't care.

Then Christian and Chris Jericho had a respectable match but I've seen better from both individuals. One point in the match Christian hit a nasty DDT on Y2J. Christian wins when Trish Stratus turns on Y2J. This was a good shocker and it certainly opened my eyes.

Next up one match I was looking forward to. It should have been a classic, but did the 5 participants make this a classic? No. The Rock and Mick Foley took on Ric Flair, Randy Orton and Batista in a comedy match, which made me angry. I was looking forward to this and thank you Rock and Flair for spoiling this.

Then in what should have been a great match up turned into a slump. The Cruiserweight Battle Royal which consisted of Rey Mysterio, Shannon Moore, Funaki, Jamie Noble, Nunzio, Akio, Tajiri, Kidman, Ultimo Dragon and Cruiserweight Champ Chavo Guerrero had a fair match, but it was allocated in a mere time slot of 9 minutes and 45 seconds. The match didn't stand a chance.

Next up the Hall of Fame takes place. Superstars such as Tito Santana, Greg Valentine and Bobby Heenan take their Hall of Fame honors and they deserve it, unlike Pete Rose! WTF has he done to deserve that!? Boy did the fans let WWE know they made a mistake by giving Rose a Hall of Fame invitation, they booed his arse out of Madison Square Garden and rightfully so. Apparently Bob Backlund was so upset by this that he more or less told McMahon to shove his invitation up his arse, and I don't blame him! Next up The Smackdown! Tag Champs Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty took on the APA, The Bashams and Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin in a poor, crap, useless match. Rik and Scotty won but like the Raw tag match I didn't care.

Bill Goldberg and Brock Lesnar's match proved to be a failure. Fans knew they would be leaving and killed it stone dead! Taker and Kane's match was memorable for the wrong reason (Taker's entrance was better than his match!) Victoria and Molly put on a fair match which saw Molly getting her hair shaved! And Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle put on a fantastic battle, which saw 'Latino Heat' keep his WWE title, from some lying, cheating and stealing.

The best match on the card was the fantastic battle between World Champ Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit. Benoit won the match and the fans approved.

Overall Grade - B-

I thought it was good!

Author: xyz_soccaplaya from Canada
23 February 2005

My thought on this wrestlemania was as follows:

the best i have every seen, that might not be much coming from a 2 year wrestling fan but of the 2 iv'e seen, this was the best. My favorite match(other than the evening gown match of course) was the undertaker making his return to the industry. I personally prefer his new look, besides the fact that he used to be a biker and now he's a dead biker(weird)

But over all I would give Wrestlemaina XX a 8/10. Sorry all yal critics I disagree

Dandude100000

A Bunch of Filler Matches Keeps This from Being an All-Time Great Show

Author: Owen Ogletree from United States
8 February 2016

This is a strong WrestleMania, but there are too many useless filler matches on the card that bring the show down. I'm skipping those matches and I'm just reviewing the main matches.

United States Championship Match: The Big Show (c) vs. John Cena - This match was a lot better than it had any right to be. It is interesting seeing John Cena in his mid-card days, and he got good pops from the crowd. Cena wins the championship with an FU. RATING: **3/4

Chris Jericho vs. Christian - This was a very strong wrestling match. The psychology was well-done and they got a good amount of time to build some good drama. Christian wins when Trish Stratus hits Jericho. The post-match was certainly shocking. RATING: ***3/4

3-On-2 Handicap Match: Evolution vs. The Rock n' Sock Connection - This match was a lot of fun. It's just fast-paced action from bell to bell. The mind games from Ric Flair and The Rock were great. Mick Foley also did well in his first match in 4 years. Evolution wins with Randy Orton's RKO. RATING: ****

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as the Special Guest Referee - Horrible match. This defines the word "boring." Both men were leaving the company after this, and just really seemed to be going through the motions. Goldberg wins with the Jackhammer Slam. RATING: *

WWE Championship Match: Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Kurt Angle - This was an excellent technical wrestling match. These two had amazing chemistry, and the mind games were great. I also loved the clever finish. Eddie wins after fooling Kurt by unlacing his boot. RATING: ****1/2

The Undertaker vs. Kane - Chilling entrance by the Undertaker. The match itself is pretty disappointing. It was way too short and it made Kane look weak. Their WM 14 match was way better. The Undertaker wins with a Tombstone Piledriver. RATING: *1/2

Triple Threat Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H (c) vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - This was a near-perfect match. These three men created the greatest triple-threat match ever. The non-stop action, drama, and atmosphere were absolutely amazing. The crowd was very much behind Benoit, and totally popped when he won. Chris Benoit wins the Championship by making Triple H tap out to the Crippler Crossface. RATING: ****3/4

Too many filler matches and two other lackluster matches keep this from being one of the best WrestleManias, but the good on this show cannot be ignored.

7.5/10

WrestleMania XX taps out, a mostly mediocre show! Main events kinda makes it worth watching.

Author: ironhorse_iv from United States
8 April 2015

This show kinda crossface me & I had to submit in rewatching it. Rewatching this show, years later, is so surreal & disturbing, because how nostalgia it was. I remember, buying the PPV, just to see He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named win the big one. It's really odd, seeing wrestling fans, cheering for him, here. I was once a huge fan of his works, as well, but not much, anymore. After all, it's hard to stay a fan of a murderer. Besides him, winning the title at the time. The show did had a good card and nice historic location to hosted from. Twenty years after the original 1985's WrestleMania extravaganza, the WWE returned to its birthplace of Madison Square Garden, New York City for the anniversary event. This was the first time in four years that a WrestleMania event was helm at a smaller venue, last one was in 2000. Wrestlemania wouldn't be able to return, into stadium format, until Wrestlemania 23, two years later, when WWE drop the edgy adult-like program, for a more kid friendly, PG era that allow them to gain more money by advertiser-friendly and having a wider audience. Indeed, it was a smart business move. WrestleMania XX was in the timeline of the Ruthless Aggression: Brand Extension, an era where a larger roster of newer stars were replacing a lot of the Attitude Era stars that have started to get old or too hurt to work. A lot of things, had to change, and WWE kinda showcase, a few of them, here. The opening video package to the PPV gave me, goosebumps as it covers the history of WrestleMania and why this current event, means to the wrestlers. The event music is 'Step Up', by Drowning Pool, and it works with the post-attitude era feeling. The opening match is John Cena Vs the Big Show for the United States Championship. It was a alright match. It's so bizarre, seeing the crowd so into the Cena's rapper character, rather than a 50/50 split reaction, that he now, normally gets as the Boy Scout Baby-face. It's also weird to see him, try to cheat to win. Who knew, how big, John Cena would get, over the years. Good starter really got the crowd pumped up. The next match was a fatal four-way tag team match between the teams of Rob Van Dam and Booker T, Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak, The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) and La Résistance (René Duprée and Rob Conway) for the World Tag Team Championship, held by Van Dam and Booker T. The match didn't have much, build on, and pretty forgettable. The third match was between Christian and Chris Jericho, with a love triangle story-angle to fuel this feud. This match was underrated, and the twist toward the end, was pretty shocking. I love it. Next up was a Handicap match featuring Evolution (Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair) against The Rock 'n' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mick Foley). I love the half of a year-build up to the feud & the push for Orton. In my opinion, an alright match. Coming on, next is the Playboy Evening Gown Match: Sable & Torrie Wilson Vs Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie. It was very sexy, but also insulting as the women were view as sex objects than wrestlers. As a wrestling match, it was very disappointing. It didn't help, anymore. I found Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie, to be a lot hotter than Torrie Wilson & Sable, anyways. I wish, they were in Playboy. It was kinda dumb, filler match. The next match was a gauntlet style match called the Cruiserweight Open for the Cruiserweight Championship. It was too cluster-f*ck. Lots of quick, unrealistic movement. This match didn't help, anymore. The seventh match featured Brock Lesnar Vs Goldberg with special guest referee, Steve Austin. This match was a disaster, because of second factors. The first factor is that, both men were leaving the WWE and the fans knew. Lesnar was going to try out for the NFL. Goldberg was trying to start a movie career. The second factor: the lack of effort brought forth by both Goldberg and Lesnar drew large heat from the fans throughout the match. The match was talentless. The next match was another four-way tag team match, but was for the WWE Tag Team Championship between the champions, Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty, versus the APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq), the Basham Brothers (Doug and Danny), and the World's Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas). This match was also forgettable. The ninth match was the encounter of Victoria and Molly Holly for the WWE Women's Championship, where Holly would have to be shaved bald if she lost. This match was kinda underrated. It's deserve more praise. It was a bit shocking to see, a woman get her head shave in wrestling. Semi main event, featured Eddie Guerrero Vs Kurt Angle over the WWE Championship. A really good match with a cool ending. I love it. I really do miss, Eddie. The eleventh match of the event was the encounter between The Undertaker VS Kane. Nice to see the Undertaker go back into his Deadman's gimmick, but this rematch didn't live up to the original match in 1998's WrestleMania 14. The main event was a Triple threat match over the World Heavyweight Championship between Triple H, Chris Benoit, and Shawn Michaels. It was awesome wrestling match. I do believe, HBK kinda overdid it with the bleeding. It was a bit gross-looking. Overall: This five-hour show was simply too long. There were too many matches than no one cared about, crammed into the stacked card. The main events really made the card, seem worthy to watch. It's also nice to the Hall of Fame return, but for the most part: this show was mediocre for a 20th year anniversary event. Wish, it could had been better.

Wrestlemania 20 Madison Square Garden Where It All Begins...Again

Author: Terryfan from United States
14 March 2015

WWE Wrestlemania 20 Madison Square Garden Where It All Begins....Again. This is the third Wrestlemania to take place in Madison Square Garden since this is exactly where Wrestlemania was born. This is the 20th Anniversary

This is just one of the PPVs I recall every detail from that day like it was yesterday.

1.John Cena vs The Big Show for the WWE United States Championship. Good opening match with John Cena winning his first championship Rating: 8 out of 10

2.Booker T and Rob Van Dam vs Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak, The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley), and La Résistance (René Duprée and Rob Conway) Fatal Four Way Tag Team Match For The World Tag Team Championship.Overall good match Rating: 7 out of 10.

3.Christian vs Chris Jericho. Epic match with a shocking climax with Trish Rating: 9 out of 10.

4.Evolution (Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair) vs The Rock 'N' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mick Foley) Three on Two match. Good promo from the Rock but nothing big about the match Rating: 6 out of 10.

5.Torrie Wilson and Sable vs Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie Playboy Evening Gown match. Another match that was just for show Rating: 5 out of 10

6. Chavo Guerrero (c) (with Chavo Classic) vs Último Dragón, Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble, Funaki, Nunzio, Billy Kidman, Rey Mysterio, Tajiri, and Akio Cruiserweight Open for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Impressive match Rating: 7 out of 10.

7. Goldberg vs Brock Lenser with Special Guest Referee Stone Cold Steve Austin. This is the worst match ever I've seen ever Rating: 0 out of 10. Even sadder when Vince came out on stage I had hope for an apology for that match but no we didn't get one.

8.Too Cool (Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty) (c) vs The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin), The Basham Brothers (Doug and Danny Basham), and The APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq) Fatal four-way tag team match for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Decent match

Rating: 6 out of 10.

9.Victoria vs Molly Holly Hair vs. Title match for the WWE Women's Championship. Seeing Molly getting shaved is awesome Rating: 7 out of 10.

10.Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt Angle for the WWE Championship. One of the greatest matches ever Rating: 10 out of 10.

11.The Undertaker with Paul Bearer Vs Kane. A return to remember Rating: 7 out of 10

12. Triple H vs Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit Triple Threat Match For the World Heavyweight Championship. Strong main event with a lot of spots

Rating: 9 out of 10.

Overall I don't hate this Wrestlemania but it's not one I would always call a classic.

I give WWE Wrestlemania 20 an 7 out of 10

Wrestlemania XX, Madison Square Garden, anything can happen...

Author: jakespick from United States
6 May 2010

...but not much did.

This was barely an above average Wrestlemania, in my opinion, and pales greatly in comparison to both its preceding and succeeding Wrestlemanias (XIX and XXI). The opening matches were obvious card fillers, other than the surprisingly entertaining US Championship match. The Women's Title match was interesting, and the image of Molly Holly getting her head shaved will be forever remembered.

The main events were also interesting. The Guerrero vs. Angle match for the WWE Title was a bit under-hyped (for a good reason) and, surprising turn-out nonetheless, could've been saved for a later time. Not Wrestlemania XX. As much as I love Eddie and miss him, he wasn't really the best WWE champion I've seen. The Triple Threat Match was excellent, a great choice for the main event, and what I believe is this Wrestlemania's savior from being just mediocre.

The Goldberg vs. Lesnar match was simply horrifying. The last match for these two in the WWE seeing as how both wanted out quickly (Lesnar felt he could do better, and Bill just didn't care for the programming). However, the idea of these super-superstars colliding was one of the many "dream match" entries you'd find on all the blogs all across the internet. The two of them didn't seem to care much for the business anymore, and seemed bored going into the match, not caring about how much the fans thought of it. The only thing that saved this match was the always electrifying Stone Cold Steve Austin as guest referee.

Overall, Wrestlemania XX was probably the last great over-hyped Wrestlemania that the WWE is going to give us. Many people believe that Wrestlemania XXIV was over-hyped, I disagree, only the Big Show vs. Mayweather was over-hyped. Anyways, I'd have to say that the WWE is descending in quality and controversy week by week, and with these latest episodes of Raw that I've seen, Vince knows it.

Oh boy does he know it.

wrestlemania XX

Author: josh howe (josh231094@hotmail.com) from Australia
4 April 2010

well this wrestlemania was special as it was 20 years of wrestlemania and they showed that by putting a massive 12 matches on the card 1st up was John Cena vs Big Show for the united states title decent match surprisingly Cena gets the win after a F.U on Big Show a bit unrealistic but hey its WWE 2nd was a fatal four way match for the world tag team titles Rob Van Dam and booker t defend against Dudley boys garrison Cade and mark Jindrak and La Resistance a little short and boring booker and Rob Van Dam retain 3rd was Chris Jericho vs Christian in a surprisingly good match Christian gets the win 4th up was a 2 on 3 handicap match with the rock and Mick Foley taking on randy Orton Ric flair and Batista pretty disappointing match i wanted more from it flair Batista and Orton get the win 5th up was the first ever playboy evening gown match sable and Torrie Wilson take on Stacy Keibler and miss Jackie what can i say HOT HOT HOT 6th up was the cruiser weight open too many people to name I'm lazy but Chavo Guerrero retains after pinning Rey Mysterio 7th was Goldberg against Brock Lesnar both were leaving the company after this match so it was nothing special Goldberg gets the win 8th was a fatal four way match for the tag team titles scotty 2 hotty and rikishi defend against apa and basham brothers and world greatest tag team nothing special here rikishi and scotty 2 hotty retain 9th was the womens title match Victoria defending against molly holly Victoria retains and shaves molly holly's head 10th was Eddie Guerrero vs Kurt angle for the wwe title what a match this was Eddie retains in funny circumstances 11th was undertaker vs Kane taker coming back from a break and taking his undefeated wrestlemania streak to 12-0 12th and last much the main event was triple h vs Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels triple threat match for the world heavyweight title unbelievable match as it had to be very good to top Kurt and Eddie's match earlier Overall a very good wrestlemania i don't think the best one ever but it is a worth while watch if ur a wwe fan

Possibly one of the best WrestleManias ever!

Author: kriegpaolo_23 from Indonesia
14 July 2007

I read the other comments and were shocked to see so many critics. I actually thought it was great. It was long (I know some people don't enjoy the length), but that's what makes me love it. I think this is one of the few WrestleManias where all champions actually appear. Most of them appear to defend their titles, except for the Intercontinental Champion, Randy Orton, who participated in another match. On top of that, WrestleMania XX has one of the most dramatic WrestleMania endings of all-time. I'll bring up my arguments.

Big Show (c) vs. John Cena - US Title. This was when Cena still had decent skills and when he was still loved by the fans. I thought his skills was so-so back then, I only cheered him few times because of his mic skills (still good as of 2004). Okay, we go on to the match. The match was decent, it was alright. For wrestlers with skills like Big Show and Cena, this is what I'd probably expect. At least. Cena winning with brass knucks and two F-U's not only did put Cena over, but also the Big Show. 7/10

Rob Van Dam & Booker T (c) vs. Garrison Cade & Mark Jindrak vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. La Résistance - World Tag Team Titles. This match was not too bad, sure it might be pointless, but it is quite amusing. I love all the teams (especially La Résistance), but I need to note down an exception. I didn't know what the hell Cade and Jindrak are doing in WrestleMania. It should be someone else, I believe Lance Storm was still around back then, and he should be in there, along with Val Venis. Overall, it was a so-so match. I didn't like it too much, but I didn't hate it either. 6/10

Christian vs. Chris Jericho. This one was really good in my opinion. The two wrestlers performed above their standards, and the match is well done. Combined by the nice pre-match promo and a surprise ending, I enjoyed it a lot. 8/10

Evolution vs. Rock 'n' Sock Connection. This one was highly entertaining (thanks to The Rock and Ric Flair) and the build-up was quite good. I didn't like the idea of it being Handicap Match, maybe Flair should be in the ringside. I also didn't like how Evolution was extremely over in the match. This win was important for Batista and Orton, but at least, they should make it a decent battle. The Rock didn't get to show much, and the match was over when Orton did an RKO on Foley. Hmmm. 7/10

Torrie Wilson & Sable vs. Stacy Keibler & Miss Jackie. Pretty amusing, except Miss Jackie showed such a small wrestling talent. It is a standard Diva match. 5/10

Cruiserweight Open - Chavo Guerrero (c) - Cruiserweight Title. This is one of the best matches of the night. I love the cruiserweight being not excluded from such an important event. So much high-flying actions and a little bit of drama, I really like it. I just hope Paul London was there, but unfortunately he wasn't in the picture. 8/10

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar w/Austin as Guest Ref. It was all hype and very boring, yeah, I admit that. It had nice moments in the end of the match, and Goldberg won with his usual combination. Austin did his stunners, yeah, love that. 5/10

Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty (c) vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The APA - WWE Tag Team Titles. I always enjoyed the presence of tag title matches like this, I never like the idea of champions being excluded, thank God none did. Well, I love the APA and WGTT. Rikishi and Scotty were highly entertaining, but it's a shame Scotty went on to become a jobber. Other than that, it's a so-so match. 6/10

Victoria (c) vs. Molly Holly - Women's Title. This one was a great Diva match. It has an edgier feel, since Molly's hair is at stake. Both divas performed above standards, and I like it. I was also amazed at Molly, I respect her willing to shave her head in front of an audience. If I were Vince I would give her a title reign, it's a shame such a great female wrestler had to leave WWE. 7/10

Eddie Guerrero (c) vs. Kurt Angle - WWE Title. Another great match. You can never have bad matches when Kurt and Eddie are in the ring respectively. Having both performers in the ring is like an icing on the cake. The build-up was good, and it has entertaining moments and creative finish. As much as I love Kurt, I gotta gave Eddie his due. 9/10

Kane vs. The Undertaker. The build-up was so great and intense. Taker's entrance was fabulous, unfortunately the match is not as good as expected. Taker dominated 95% of the match. 6/10

Triple H (c) vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - World Heavyweight Title. The best match of the night, and WWE facts say that this is one of the best WrestleMania matches of all-time. Great match, I never got bored watching this over and over again. There was no boring point in the match, plus the finish was great. Dramatic moments and ending. It all fits. 10/10

On top of all that, I recommend anyone to watch this. For those who watched it the first time might get bored, but if you have the DVD, there is no problem in skipping matches, is there?

Slightly Disappointed

Author: jameslj-cannon from United Kingdom
13 December 2006

The amount of hype that Wrestlemania XX got was unreal. However, I always had a feeling in my gut that the event would not live up to the huge hype surrounding it. Unfortunately, I was right. This was, in all honesty quite average. However, the amazing main event saved this event from the brink of obscurity. Anyway, here are the results from Madison Square Garden, Where it all began again:

Match 1:US Title Match: Big Show vs. John Cena. This was an OK match. Cena got dominated by the big man for a good majority of the match. Cena pulled out the win when he hit Show with two FU's. Winner and new champ: John Cena

Match 2:World Tag Team Title Match: Rob Van Dam and Booker T vs. La Resistance vs. The Dudley Boyz vs. Mark Jindrak and Garrison Cade. I hate tag team matches. This match was very bad in my opinion. RVD and the Book retained their titles. Winners and still champs: RVD and Book

Match 3:Chris Jericho vs. Christian. I didn't think that this match would do anything for me, however, this proved to be a great match. Great performances by Y2J and Christian. The match ended in shocking fashion, as Trish Stratus "accidentally" elbowed Y2J, costing him the match. Just to rub it in his face, Christian and Trish had some tonsil tennis action going on to prove that the two had joined forces. Winner: Christian

Match 4:2 on 3 Handicap Match: Rock 'n Sock Connection vs. Evolution. It was great to see the Rock and Mick Foley team up for, possibly, the last time. This was a very entertaining match. I am still a bit bummed with the ending though. I still believe that Rock and Foley should have won. Lets face it, this was probably The Rock's last appearance in the WWE, and yet Evolution won. Orton hit Foley with an RKO out of nowhere for the win. Winners: Evolution

Match 5:Playboy Evening Gown Match: Torrie Wilson and Sable vs. Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie. COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME!!!! Don't get me wrong, it's great to see these beautiful women in nothing but their undies, however, this is Wrestlemania and this match did not deserve to be on the card. Well Torrie won the match for the Smackdown girls. Winners: Torrie and Sable

Match 6:Cruiserweight Title Open. This match could have been longer in my opinion. It was way too short. Anyway, it was very exciting while it lasted. Chavo Gurrero won to retain the title when Chavo senior helped him pick up the pin on Rey Mysterio. Winner and still champ: Chavo

Match 7:Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar:Special guest referee:Stone Cold Steve Austin. The biggest DUD in Wrestlemania history. For all the hype surrounding this match, this was a huge disappointment. The two men stared at each other for nigh on 7 or 8 minutes. I thought that the crowd would start a riot, as they vented their anger on them both. As both Bill and Brock were leaving the WWE, the writers wanted them to leave with the fans hating them. Anyway Bill won the match with the spear and the jackhammer, but the crowd was dead. Austin stunned Brock after the match, which woke the crowd. Bill came back in the ring to celebrate with Austin, so they both started to swig beer down their throats. Austin then looked at Bill, and hit him with a stunner as well. Winner: Goldberg

Match 8:WWE Tag Team Title Match: Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty vs. The APA vs. The Basham Brothers vs. The Worlds Greatest Tag Team. Very much like the tag match earlier. Poor and forgettable. Scotty and the big Kish won to retain the titles. Winners and still champs: Scotty and Kish

Match 9:Womens Title Match: Victoria vs. Molly Holly. If Molly loses, then she gets her head shaved. The match was again, extremely short. Victoria won by getting Molly in a backslide pin. Funny at the end watching Molly lose her hair. Winner and still champ: Victoria

Match 10:WWE Title Match: Eddie Gurrero vs. Kurt Angle. This was a rather disappointing match that didn't excite me that much. A real cheap ending for a WWE Title match as well, as Eddie slipped out of the ankle lock, by slipping out of his boot. Eddie rolled up the shocked challenger and held the ropes for the win. Winner and still champ: Eddie

Match 11:The Undertaker vs. Kane. Another big disappointment. This was no where near as good as the classic match they had at Wrestlemania XIV. Anyway, Taker's entrance was spine tingling. Perhaps the best entrance at a Wrestlemania ever. It seemed to last longer than the match itself. Taker won to stay undefeated at Mania, by Tombstoning Kane (he kicked out of two tombstones in the match at XIV). Winner: Taker

Match 12:Triple Threat Match for The World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit. This is perhaps the greatest triple threat match I have ever seen. The crowd was solidly behind Benoit for this one. Surprisingly, this match was a bloodbath, as Michaels and The Game bled gallons. I thought Benoit was taken out of the match when he was suplexed by HBK and the Game through one of the announce tables. However, Benoit returned, and won the match when he made the Game tap to the Crippler Cross Face. Unreal match, perhaps the best main event in Mania history. Nice touch at the end with Benoit and Eddie Guerrero hugging in the centre of the ring, with confetti filling MSG. Winner and new champ: Benoit

This event disappointed me, it no where near lived up to expectation. However, a couple of good matches in mid card, and the unforgettable main event, saved this Mania from being labelled a disaster. Very average, when it could have been so much better.