IMDb > Utomlyonnye solntsem 2: Predstoyanie (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Utomlyonnye solntsem 2: Predstoyanie

spit on history

Author: mkimask from Estonia
2 May 2010

As everyone already knows this is the most expensive movie made in Russia. So I was expecting some good story and visual effects. But what we got was something awful. There is no story in the movie, it's more like "let's show them that scene, now let's show them this scene" and the connection between scenes is really unnatural. This movie is anti-historical. There were no "shtrafbat" in 1941, there were no German tanks under sails, Stalin was not looking like a zombie etc etc. And another thing is, that Red Army did fight against Germans, but for some reason Nikita Mikhalkov is showing us that Soviet Army is a bunch of scared and unorganized people. if things were like that Germans would have taken over Moscow in 41. Some of the scenes of this movie are so ridiculous that I do not even want to talk about them. For example, the scene where German shooter wants to s**t right out of a flying plane. That is impossible and you can't move your plot by creating impossible situations.

So, in conclusion, I would like to say that it is unpatriotic, stupid, anti-historical movie with very poor visual effects. Do not watch

Do not waste either time or money or traffic

Author: Pyotr from Russia
2 May 2010

This is one of the most awful movies I have ever seen.

The plot is very uneven. The action confusingly jumps from one time and location into another.

Despite having of all the usual comedy gags: ass and tits demonstration, wetting his own pants and idiotic bad bosses the movie fails to amuse since it strives at the same time to be pathetically patriotic and dramatic. The acting is also poor. Most of the actors almost permanently goggle eyes and/or beat in rather intense hysterics which adds to comical side of the movie. Also the movie contains a lot of acts of violence. I simply cannot understand how could anyone put such a combination of stupid jokes and gore in one film.

Waste of time.

Cannes, don't!

Author: Dmitry from Moscow
6 May 2010

It is difficult to imagine, but! If anyone of the Cannes-2010 Jury read this, please, do not give any prize to this trash with "great movie" label. Do not defame my country.

So, the "masterpiece"... Every film starts with its slogan nowadays. This time it was "The Great movie about the Great war". Let's even forget Mikhalkov is not overly modest. But, if you dare to touch such important subject before the 65th anniversary of the Great Victory and declare your product "Great", it must be great.

And what we see? All the movie is full of stupidity, Mikhalkov's fantasy and himself. Several separate novels (bad plots). About what? Who knows! There are good Nazi military men and bad soviet civil men and women. Stupid soviet people force Nazis to bomb Russian Red Cross ship, or, for variety's sake, burn 100 or 500 peasants. Nazies even cry when they are forced to do so! And only Mikhalkov's Kotov does the right things. He is everywhere. He - but not any sense. There is no need for the voluminous review to summarize, Utomlyonnye solntsem 2 are: nazi ass, trying to defecate down from 400 km/h plan, and "show me your tits". Great...

BTW, "burnt" may sound better for English-speakers, but the right translation is "Tired by the sun" - not "Burnt...". And you are really tired after watching this movie...

Epic fail

Author: voodoo-27 from Russian Federation
6 May 2010

I guess, it's the worst movie I've ever seen. After this spit at Russian history Mikhalkov is a "spent bullet" director for me. If you want to know about the history of WWII in Russia don't watch this movie because all you'll see is several scenes of "how Mikhalkov wanted it to be". He's gone too far in his quest to alter the history. He shows a silly death of "kremlin cadets" just to "prove" how dull the Russian commanders were. But in a real world these "kremlin cadets" stopped Nazi's near Moscow. The final scene is absolutely amoral, it's like a knife to the heart of those who died defending their motherland. In fact, it's hard to find a scene in this movie where people are not silly. I've read a lot of feedbacks from people who fought in this war and these people say that Mikhalkov is a liar and they curse him.

Michalkov falls - everyone dies

Author: gess1001 from Russian Federation
31 May 2010

It's amazing, it's astounding, it's unbelievable - it's trash beyond any usual definition of trash! Some compare it with the "Inglorious basterds" and indeed it's just as insane and irreverent to historical truth but the madcap feats of daring and a plethora of lively and memorable characters that made IG such an affable flick are not there, replaced by a (s)crappy sequence of sketches performed by a coven of morons, traitors, cowards and assholes. "Sun-burned 2" is a live adaptation of "Happy Tree Friends" with the plot of every episode following the same pattern: enters Michalkov(a), enters everybody else, everybody else dies horribly, Michalkov(a) leaves, viewer doesn't give a damn.

Dear oh dear

Author: Skullen from United Kingdom
7 August 2010

Hmm, to be honest, I shouldn't even be writing this. This film shouldn't exist at all. The first Burnt by the Sun was perfect - and ended perfectly. When I heard that there was to be a sequel, my heart sank, and having finally seen the film, my heart is still down there... This film is bad. From the lack of plot, to the ropey acting, to the appalling FX (oh my word, God save us from yet another one of Mikhalkov's badly rendered German planes!), to the bad choice of shots (few still camera shots, showing Nikita's lost his nerve and belief in his ability to frame a shot well and meaningfully), to the absurd events that occur (e.g. defecating out of planes)... this film has nothing to commend itself. Save yourself... keep the pure memories of the first film and don't watch this.

Worst movie ever

Author: sauriva from Russia
15 October 2010

It's obvious that Mikhalkov is dead as a director and was never born as an actor. Pathetic, too long and without any sense this film was made on government's money and that is funny, 'cause those money would better be spent somewhere on the social sphere. The way that Mikhalkov looks at his daughter through this film makes me think he is a sick man. It's OK to help own children to achieve something, but not sticking them in every own project to make spectators vomit. Also the fact that children from schools was made to watch this film and their parents were made to buy them tickets make me sick, 'cause no one wanted to look at this piece of crap and waste their time, but this is how the bank was made.

Great movie to fall asleep!

Author: wioym .net from Brussels, Belgium
26 May 2010

The main poster says, "Great movie about great war." The question that rises on my mind is, "HAHAHAHAH are you serious!? Great movie?! Please Nikita stop it you are too funny!" When I saw the title I knew that there is going to be something wrong. All recent successful works, actually never mind more of like just one movie which I liked by Nikita Mihalkov, which was 12, was a remake and not original version. Despite all those views I thought that this is going to change my mind, I repeat I thought! Probably the slogans of the movie suppose to be, "Do you suffer from Insomnia? Do you want to figure out a way to commit a suicide? Well look no more since Burnt by the Sun can change it all!" The movie strictly concentrated on hatred towards Nazi Germany and Stalin's reign. That I found out from movie description on IMDb, very sad. What sadness me most is the fact that in cinema you are able to see that the movie is high quality and they spend a lot of money on it, but let's not forget this is not a 3D movie. Why spend all that money on depicting every single pimple on the person's face when you can write a good script, not showing us all details of the person's face and we will be happy, I promise. The worse part is that it is just part 1, there is part 2 coming out.

In deed there were couple of interesting and funny moments, but that doesn't change the fact that movie "SUCKED!" Dear Nikita Mihalkov please write better scripts.

Out of ten the max I can give it is 2, yep it was pretty much that bad...

(via wioym.net)

peace of crap

Author: energumenoster from Russia
15 May 2010

It's not a secret that Mr. Putin and Mr. Medvedev continue anti-Russian, anti-soviet, anti-historic and certainly anti-Stalin propaganda. Their puppets gave about $55 million from state budget to Mr. Mikhalkov for another peace of crap. So, don't trust that scandal campaign in Cannes. They cut about 1 hour because the movie is so miserable that there is nothing to watch for film-maker or usual viewer. Thanks to Mr. Mikhalkov our heroes, our veterans who had smashed fascist Gitler had been so foully slandered in commemoration of the 65th anniversary of Victory in Great Patriotic War. BTW, Berlin was captured by soviet atheistic people. So, Mihkalkov's pseudo-Christian scenes looks just idiotic.

It's so bad that it's good

Author: beaumain from Russia
27 May 2011

The reason Mikhalkov's film became Russia's worst box office flop is obvious. It is a very bad movie. It has a stupid script, useless scenes of violence, gore and defecation. It has bad acting, discontinuity and retcon. All of the characters that were presumed dead since the first film are there, alive, and surprisingly changed their age.

The acting is terrible, all actors except Menshikov are copying Mikhalkov's manner of raving, mumbling and gabbling. They are hysterical all the way, they never seem to calm down. They scream and shout when they need not to.

Another reason for the film to fail is that it offended the feelings of Russians. It shows their army as a pack of hysterical idiots who shoot and blast each other. In the same time, it portrays invading Wehrmacht as kind and cheery boys. Germans don't seem to be there to fight and conquer, they only return fire when attacked by those crazy russkies. Any violence from Nazi troops is always provoked by Russians.

It is surprising that some in the West consider this movie a Russian patriotic propaganda. In Russia itself it is clearly viewed as anti-patriotic. The movie dishonors Russian army, it exaggerates the role of penal battalions packed with former political prisoners, and downplays the role of the ordinary Red Army units. It shows Russian generals as drunkards, their Supreme Commander as a psycho, and the Red Army as a gang without any discipline or subordination.

In this film, Russians seem not to fight Germans, but trying to die by any means. In the second part of the film, Stalin even directly orders to LOSE MORE SOLDIERS in action. Oh, these Stalin, he's sooo eeeevil, and hates his own army more than Nazi do. Overall, the movie doesn't work even as anti-Stalin propaganda, because no viewer can believe such stupidity.

Still, after all, one may find the film amusing, because it has so many stupid and ridiculous scenes that make it worth watching.

- See a Nazi air fighter defecating on a Russian ship;

- see Stalin having his face dipped into cake;

- a German tank crew giving chocolates to Russian soldiers;

- a scout leader pissing his pants;

- a nurse stripping before dying soldier who have never seen woman's breast;

- see Christ Magic as an Orthodox priest brings down German attack plane with his prayer...

The film is so bad that it's good. Mikhalkov could make a hilarious parody of war films - unfortunately, his movie pretends to be a serious drama.