Summerland (TV Series 2004–2005) Poster

(2004–2005)

33 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
Great Series!
g_nitegracie15 June 2006
The only reason Summerland didn't make it was due to the network moving it all over the place. It's hard to watch a series that every week is on at different days and times! No one could figure out where to find it! It's an excellent series with great characters. Very wholesome, family oriented show that was warm, funny, real, and made you smile. The actors were all great. The subjects it dealt with were real problems we can all relate to. I'd compare it to "7th Heaven" and "Gilmore Girls". When it comes to premise and likability. it's a solid 10! I've waited and waited for it to come off hiatus...please, Bring it back!
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I love this show!
Anveshig12 February 2006
This is an awesome show because it is family oriented, but not lame. It has aspects to entertain all types of audiences, and it's one of the few shows families can watch together. The plot of the show was entertaining and different from most shows in its appeal, though I can't truly explain how. Lori(Ava) is just as great as she was on Full House, and the younger actors are great, too. I think Kay Panabaker is a wonderful young actress, and she plays Nikki Westerly well. I wasn't a fan of Jesse McCartney, but because of this show I am. All of the actors play their parts very well, and they did a great job in making this show amazing! I hope the show starts up again, sometime soon.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great show, I love it
jeffhardys_gurl_198628 August 2004
I love this show, it is a very family oriented show. It reminds me of 7th Heaven a little with how many people live in one house. I like all the characters in there own way. But I think I like Bradin the best, because Jesse Mccartney portrays him very well. I like this show a lot because Lori Laughlin plays in it, and I loved Full House which she also played in. Another reason I like this show is because of Ryan Kwanten who is very hot, but also portrays his character very well to. This show is a great show of faith, as 7th Heaven is one of the only true family oriented show left and it's going to be over soon, because of the fact that not a lot of shows last more than 7 seasons and 7th heaven is going to be starting it's 8th. So with this show being as family oriented as it is I sincerely hope it lasts a while.
28 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great series
rabydallas25 December 2004
I started watching this series simply because it replaces Smallville for the summer. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I really liked it because I liked to imagine myself in the characters shoes. They live RIGHT on the beach in a beautiful house with all their friends. They characters all have something about them that makes you like them and want to know more about them. Each episode usually focuses on one or two of the stories in the series. So sometimes there is a little bit of discontinuity. The only disappointing thing about the series was that it leaves you hanging. After all 13 or 14 episodes you want to know what happens next.
22 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
this is a must see show
northchick170712 March 2005
omg, i love this show. i can't get enough of it. the episodes are so amazing that i really just can't stop watching it. this is a truly must see show. the story and characters are so well presented. it is about three orphans who are taken in by their single aunt who lives in California. she live with her friends, one of which is her ex-boyfriend, are all having to learn to deal with each other. the youngest son starts off having a really difficult time getting over the death of his parents without understanding tries to find a way to be with his parents again. the middle daughter has problems getting along with her aunt because they are both trying to fill the mother's shoes but eventually learn to deal with each other. the oldest son stays quiet at first but finds his way by learning to surf. if you haven't already seen an episode of this show all you need to do is watch one episode and you will instantly become hooked. there are notable performances by Lori Loughlin, formerly of Full House, and Jesse McCartney, as the oldest son Bradin.
28 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Yay for Summerland!
dramastar95121 January 2005
When Summerland came out last summer, I was completely pleased! It's a show that I can feel comfortable watching with my mom and not worrying about language or anything else. The fact that three kids have to try and adjust to not only a new place but also a totally new family situation provides for interesting and different plot lines as each of the kids have such distinct personalities and they have to deal with so many new things! Lori Louglin does such a wonderful job as "Aunt Ava" after watching her for so long in Full House. Jesse McCartney has totally just exploded onto the scene and is so much fun to watch on the show! It's just a really well put together show and totally a must see!
21 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
wow
soccerchica213 July 2006
Well, i started watching Summerland in 2004, and i got hooked right away. When i heard it had been Canceled, i was very depressed, and i started watching it again on the N on Noggin. the story is that Ava Gregory (Fashion Designer) now has the responsibility of 3 kids, Braiden, Nikki, and Derrick Westerly. When their parents Died, the Three Westerly's moved all the way from Kansas to California to live with Ava, Susannah,(Ava's working partner), Johnny(Ava's ex) and Jay(a family friend). The three Westerly's cope with their parents death differently. Braiden, the oldest, learns to surf, and ignores the fact that his parents are no longer with him. Nikki, the middle child tries to fill in her mothers shoes and argues with everyone. Derrick, the youngest tries everything he can to be with his parents again in anyway possible. And in the end, They all work it out and become a really big happy family.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Wonderful Family and teen drama
Stefanie (WingsStef)23 January 2005
I really enjoy Summerland. It is feel good family program that still has drama and both adult and teen angst, but not overkill on the sex department. Sexual theme programing is a legit genre, but it is always good to have a little break once in a while. I Don't think it is fair to compare Summerland to past WB hits such as Buffy and Angel because those two shows fall in quite different genres. If anything compare this show to a little 7th Heaven, and little Dawson Creek, and even a little One Tree Hill. These three shows are not very similar, but I believe Summerland takes themes from all three, a feel good family drama, that still has some adult and teen, even younger appeal, where fans of all three, or pick or choose of the three can perhaps enjoy something together.

Rating 7 1/2...8 out of 10
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I love Summerland!
maddygaynor27 April 2005
Guys I love Summerland! It is the best TV show by far! I love it! Wait, have I already said that? Yeh... anyway Jesse McCartney is hot! I love him! Anyway back to the show. I don't think it is a sexually based as shows like The OC are. I mean, don't get me wrong I love the show to bits, but lets face it, the whole thing is based on sex. Not that thats necessarily bad but Summerland has other themes and issues incorporated into the show, which is what makes it great. The rivalry between boys, jealousy, love, sex, drugs, surfing (I love surfing!), relationships, dating, fighting and other such things are involved into the show whereas shows like One Tree Hill (which I also love) do not have these issues but have different issues which will all depend on the show itself. Summing up, if you don't watch this show, your almost as dumb as a post! (just joking!)
12 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
And the show was canceled... because?
anna-50822 February 2009
This show, I have to say, is so completely fantastic! It's new and fresh and I never wanted it to end... never. I didn't see it when it first air because it didn't air here, where I live but now, spending probably 3 day watching, I find myself completely captivated. There should be more shows like these, about family and all that comes with it. Everyone living under the same roof was a good idea and loads of embarrassing moments that comes with being a teenager. as for the actors; i never was one for full house but i have watched and I will say that i think this show was actually better. but that's my opinion, feel free to hate it if you want! and Lori Laughlin does an amazing job, doing this roles, it's like it was made for her and her only. And the ones playing the kids; Jesse, Kay and Nick are absolutely fantastic and they make their roles so believable. A lot of roles that gets played now a days, and i'm not just talking about TV-shows but movies too, are not believable, so thats a nice change. I just really wish that the show should have gone further than it did and it's so sad that it didn't. And last but not least; everything about this show is great, even the slightly cheesy lines that they worked in the script. But overall... wonderful!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this