IMDb > "Summerland" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Summerland"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Summerland" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Great show, I love it

Author: jeffhardys_gurl_1986
28 August 2004

I love this show, it is a very family oriented show. It reminds me of 7th Heaven a little with how many people live in one house. I like all the characters in there own way. But I think I like Bradin the best, because Jesse Mccartney portrays him very well. I like this show a lot because Lori Laughlin plays in it, and I loved Full House which she also played in. Another reason I like this show is because of Ryan Kwanten who is very hot, but also portrays his character very well to. This show is a great show of faith, as 7th Heaven is one of the only true family oriented show left and it's going to be over soon, because of the fact that not a lot of shows last more than 7 seasons and 7th heaven is going to be starting it's 8th. So with this show being as family oriented as it is I sincerely hope it lasts a while.

this is a must see show

Author: northchick1707 from United States
12 March 2005

omg, i love this show. i can't get enough of it. the episodes are so amazing that i really just can't stop watching it. this is a truly must see show. the story and characters are so well presented. it is about three orphans who are taken in by their single aunt who lives in California. she live with her friends, one of which is her ex-boyfriend, are all having to learn to deal with each other. the youngest son starts off having a really difficult time getting over the death of his parents without understanding tries to find a way to be with his parents again. the middle daughter has problems getting along with her aunt because they are both trying to fill the mother's shoes but eventually learn to deal with each other. the oldest son stays quiet at first but finds his way by learning to surf. if you haven't already seen an episode of this show all you need to do is watch one episode and you will instantly become hooked. there are notable performances by Lori Loughlin, formerly of Full House, and Jesse McCartney, as the oldest son Bradin.

Great series

Author: rabydallas from United States
25 December 2004

I started watching this series simply because it replaces Smallville for the summer. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I really liked it because I liked to imagine myself in the characters shoes. They live RIGHT on the beach in a beautiful house with all their friends. They characters all have something about them that makes you like them and want to know more about them. Each episode usually focuses on one or two of the stories in the series. So sometimes there is a little bit of discontinuity. The only disappointing thing about the series was that it leaves you hanging. After all 13 or 14 episodes you want to know what happens next.

Yay for Summerland!

Author: dramastar951 from Washington, U.S
21 January 2005

When Summerland came out last summer, I was completely pleased! It's a show that I can feel comfortable watching with my mom and not worrying about language or anything else. The fact that three kids have to try and adjust to not only a new place but also a totally new family situation provides for interesting and different plot lines as each of the kids have such distinct personalities and they have to deal with so many new things! Lori Louglin does such a wonderful job as "Aunt Ava" after watching her for so long in Full House. Jesse McCartney has totally just exploded onto the scene and is so much fun to watch on the show! It's just a really well put together show and totally a must see!

Summerland....AWESOME:)

Author: chels_cardinal550 from Canada
4 April 2005

Wow, Summerland is awesome. I wasn't really into Summerland when it came out last summer but in late September/early October, I started getting into it and couldn't wait for it to come back on the air. Now that is has come back on the air, I have seen every show. The location where they shoot it, is such a beautiful place. The actors that star in this show are just so talented. We also never knew what was going to happen,whether it would be Johnny or Simon? Or what Nikki or Derrick or Bradin, what happened to them or what they were going through. I really encourage to watch a episode you will get hooked on it, that is what happened to me. You can catch it on the WB at 9pm,(chicago). Check it out! you will love it.

Great Series!

Author: g_nitegracie from United States
15 June 2006

The only reason Summerland didn't make it was due to the network moving it all over the place. It's hard to watch a series that every week is on at different days and times! No one could figure out where to find it! It's an excellent series with great characters. Very wholesome, family oriented show that was warm, funny, real, and made you smile. The actors were all great. The subjects it dealt with were real problems we can all relate to. I'd compare it to "7th Heaven" and "Gilmore Girls". When it comes to premise and likability. it's a solid 10! I've waited and waited for it to come off hiatus...please, Bring it back!

Wonderful Family and teen drama

Author: Stefanie (WingsStef) from Michigan, United States
23 January 2005

I really enjoy Summerland. It is feel good family program that still has drama and both adult and teen angst, but not overkill on the sex department. Sexual theme programing is a legit genre, but it is always good to have a little break once in a while. I Don't think it is fair to compare Summerland to past WB hits such as Buffy and Angel because those two shows fall in quite different genres. If anything compare this show to a little 7th Heaven, and little Dawson Creek, and even a little One Tree Hill. These three shows are not very similar, but I believe Summerland takes themes from all three, a feel good family drama, that still has some adult and teen, even younger appeal, where fans of all three, or pick or choose of the three can perhaps enjoy something together.

Rating 7 1/2...8 out of 10

I love this show!

Author: Anveshig from Jonesboro, Arkansas
12 February 2006

This is an awesome show because it is family oriented, but not lame. It has aspects to entertain all types of audiences, and it's one of the few shows families can watch together. The plot of the show was entertaining and different from most shows in its appeal, though I can't truly explain how. Lori(Ava) is just as great as she was on Full House, and the younger actors are great, too. I think Kay Panabaker is a wonderful young actress, and she plays Nikki Westerly well. I wasn't a fan of Jesse McCartney, but because of this show I am. All of the actors play their parts very well, and they did a great job in making this show amazing! I hope the show starts up again, sometime soon.

wow

Author: soccerchica2 from United States
13 July 2006

Well, i started watching Summerland in 2004, and i got hooked right away. When i heard it had been Canceled, i was very depressed, and i started watching it again on the N on Noggin. the story is that Ava Gregory (Fashion Designer) now has the responsibility of 3 kids, Braiden, Nikki, and Derrick Westerly. When their parents Died, the Three Westerly's moved all the way from Kansas to California to live with Ava, Susannah,(Ava's working partner), Johnny(Ava's ex) and Jay(a family friend). The three Westerly's cope with their parents death differently. Braiden, the oldest, learns to surf, and ignores the fact that his parents are no longer with him. Nikki, the middle child tries to fill in her mothers shoes and argues with everyone. Derrick, the youngest tries everything he can to be with his parents again in anyway possible. And in the end, They all work it out and become a really big happy family.

Summerland

Author: smocarlos from United States
30 July 2006

Summerland is an excellent show. I loved it. It had hot guys in it, real life questions and lots of people could relate to that show. All my friends like this show. At first it looked like one of those cheap reality shows, but it was really cool. I love a show that is sad and sometimes funny so this show is great for me. this show also answers questions people might have about life, guys, friends and parents.this is the type of show that i would go to the store and buy the seasons on DVD. I could watch them over and over. And no this show isn't all about sex. That's what i think about this show. It's the best show i've seen in a while.

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]