IMDb > Bridge to Terabithia (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Bridge to Terabithia

Bridge to Terabithia More at IMDbPro »

Page 19 of 53: [Prev][14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [Next]

i was expecting something so different.

Author: eva_green_eyes_65 from United Kingdom
16 February 2008

i just finished watching this film and by the end of it, i was expecting something different. its clear enough (to everyone who still remembers the gold era of Disney)that Disney films are not the same, and that it takes a lot for a family film to hit one, like this one did. to like a film, is one thing, but Bridge to terabithia made me think that maybe the family area of this industry is not over yet. heart warming and even though the family stuff is not my favourite genre, i must say i even cried! and parents who may think that what goes in this film is perhaps not the happiest subject, the film tells a very important life lesson and unlike many movies of this genre have lacked in recent years, it lets you enjoy the story and it achieved the goal of appealing to a multiple audience.it lets the kid's minds fly free and be amazed but it also delivers a strong message to older audience. Josh Hutcherson is one potential up and comer the same goes for AnnaShophia Robb, well done to the rest of the cast as well. when i started watching this i thought that the use of fantasy would be applied in the same way that it was applied in The chronicles of narnia... i turned off my TV thinking something different. perhaps we are to see more success in the years to come!

congrats to all the film crew.

Poor ending.

Author: lrobokoff from United States
2 February 2008

It was a great story right up until the point where the writers felt that Lezlie should be killed off. Up until this point The whole thing was great. Sure there was weird flying and running really fast but it was just imagination. The characters were all really well developed and they didn't use your average Disney actors, They used the most average looking kids that there were. Now the weird thing is i know two people that are just like the two in the movie only they are the reverse he writes and she draws. I highly recommend this movie but be prepared for a major disappointment. I should also add that after she dies the plot almost falls apart.

Two young kids venture in a mystical world where they play the king and queen

Author: relious from United States
30 January 2008

Wow. This movie is truly stunning how it not only draws you in but keeps you wondering what's going to happen next. The thing that really got me going was Annasohia Robb is a great actor for one and brilliant. I really like how the movie grasped the fantasy and still wove a great tail. The boy (Josh hutcherson) is always picked on at school and did not really fit in. His life was basically over till he met this new girl on the block and she told him of the magical world that lies before him. Josh Hutcherson was fantastic in the movie Firehouse Dog. Annasophia has been in a lot of movies including the Reaping which was suspenseful. All in all this is a great tear jerker and anyone who likes sad tails will love this one.

Brilliant

Author: actormichaelo from United Kingdom
19 January 2008

I really enjoyed this movie. It's a story about imagination, confidence, coming of age and friendship.

Jesse Aarons is the unpopular kid at school with no friends. One day a new student named Leslie Burke starts the school. She competes in the ''boys only'' race and wins. Leslie and him are both outsiders at school and Jesse is an outsider in his family. Leslie's parents are writers. After finding out that there both neighbours they instantly hit it off. Creating a magical kingdom named ''Terabithia''. I wont write spoilers. But this movie really moved me.

Main Cast:

Josh Hucherson as Jesse Aarons AnnaSophia Robb as Leslie Burke Zooey Deschanel as Ms.Edmonds Bailee Madison as May Belle Aarons Robert Patrick as Jesse Aarons Sr. Kate Butler as Mary Aarons Devon Wood as Brenda Aarons Emma Fenton as Ellie Aarons Lauren Clinton as Janice Avery Cameron Wakefield as Scott Hoager

Bridge To Terabithia

Author: Gavingavruss from United Kingdom
18 August 2007

This film I felt was a real cracker that to felt had played with every emotion a human has in her/his body The acting and the sense of a family unit shares the bad,good,ugly times in a cruel and dangerous world and for me it felt like giving me an escape away into a magical and mysterious land Again whilst beating around the edges here to avoid revealing any parts that should be left for cinema goers to find out for themselves I would just like to say to them sit back,relax and prepare for take off !!! Its nice to watch a "snapshot" of what really happens in life be it good or be it bad , I just wish I had a music teacher like that in real life !! and i,m 47 !! This film gets a 10/10 from me and will be back again with an "OPEN MIND " too !!

The Best fantasy movie I've ever seen!

Author: terabithiasn from United States
18 July 2007

Hello, The movie sounds and looks like only for children, but it's full of emotional and surprised that you would never think of. I watched it in theater and got it in my DVD collection. Wonderful movie full of excellent scene and performance that would make the writer proud. I'm a guy and twenty-three years old. I liked it because I loved emotional/fantasy/magical/adventure movies. This is the movie that I would think to have more emotional than any others. I know the movie is for children, but don't you think teens or adults can keep this part their favorite movie collection? I think so, I'm hoping there's Bridge to Terabithia 2 or the writer or director should change the Lesie wouldn't have died. It's just way sad...at the end....

Excellent Film - Don't let the ads fool you.

Author: JT Johnson from United States
18 July 2007

I purchased the DVD after my daughter saw it in a store. I remember seeing the ads for it and figured it was a rip off of Narnia so I didn't see it in the theater. Boy was I wrong. The computer animation of characters is very few. There's only a couple of scenes tastefully used to help immerse you into the children's thoughts. The film is about friendship, love, compassion and imagination and it was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it and my daughter loved it.

The one thing I would mention is that there are contexts of this movie that will generate deep questions from your kids so be prepared. This is an excellent movie for kids but it left her with questions that really require careful and thoughtful answers. In many ways, I think this is what going to movies is all about in the first place.

A touching, sad, but inspiring film

Author: plopmasterj from United States
17 July 2007

I was able to get Bridge to Terabithia on DVD over the weekend and I watched it almost as soon as I got home. At first, I expected the film to be another Chronicles of Narnia type of movie where the kids travel to a magical land and fight evil forces while learning valuable lessons along the way. Instead, the movie was very much rooted in reality as much as possible. It did feature the creatures that the kids came up with, but for the most part, the world around them was very much down to Earth except when they let their imaginations run wild and picture an amazing world. Much of the story is focused on their lives in the real world. Jess Aaron's life isn't going very well, especially since he's not getting the attention that he needs, mainly from his father who spends most of his time at work and playing with Jess's younger sister, the very cute and innocent May Belle. On top of that, he's being bullied at school by pretty much everyone at school. After meeting a new girl named Leslie Burke, who beats him in a school race he's been training for all summer, the two become nearly inseparable pals and create their own kingdom called Terabithia in the woods across a creek behind their houses. As troubles at school get worse for the two kids, they use made up creatures based on bullies at school to find ways to deal with them in reality. They are able to use a troll version of a tough girl at school to find a way of making her become a good person in real life. An awful tragedy occurs that leaves Jess a wreck and the whole town in shock and sadness. Jess tries to use what Leslie has taught him to find ways of coping with not just the tragedy, but with life at home and at school. The movie proved to be very emotional. I cried during the scenes that occurred after the tragedy, which also shocked me as much as it shocked the characters in the story. But it all ended on a very happy note, which is a good thing when you have suffered a terrible loss. For those of you who don't like sad events in movies such as death, take caution when you watch this movie, as it may make you cry and feel sad, especially if you're really sensitive. Otherwise, this film is very touching and inspiring. You cheer on Jess and Leslie throughout their journey together, and leaves you filled with hope at the end for Jess and his family. A very good film, worth seeing by all.

Not as Good as Narnia, But still, Acceptable

Author: fatemaster2003 from Indonesia
16 July 2007

Well, we always know about something we so called, the imaginary friends, right? This time, it's something much more bigger. And that's Terabithia.

Bridge to Terabithia, talk about a boy and a girl who are lacking in friends, you may say. And both of them, have this very same "big imagination" in their head. Talking about a wild fantasy. That's the reason, why they could get along very well. Until one day, the girl started one big fantasy in their mind. Starting this whole fantasy about a place. A big one, and named the place, Terabithia.

That's a brief summary for you boys and girls, who want to watch this movie. This movie is much more about wild fantasy and dreams. Dreams that someone dare not try to realize it. At least not in this era.

What I'm saying is, this film is suitable for everyone. Children, adult, even old person. And as I said at the title, this movie is not as good as Narnia, but it's still acceptable. At least, if somehow some people don' understand it, try to view it, with your mind wide open. Open up to all possibilities. That's the secret to enjoy this movie.

I rate it 7/10

Do you want something leads you to a fantastic world? See this movie.

Author: cserkanx from Turkey
16 July 2007

First of all, if you put this movie into 'kids category' you are doing a mistake. Even though it seems a kid's movie it holds lots of thing that adults need.Because we must remember the world that we left behind, our childhoods and we must understand again them, our children. So this movie is the best one with "Laberinto del fauno, El" I've watched this year in its category. It took me away, to my children, and made me look the world as in my childhood, oh, how i miss it! Seeing the world into a child's eye, belonging to a child's world and realizing again how the things could be different if we want to see them "different". So, if you feel like that, make a favour yourself and see this movie.

I want to mention about performances. Our both children stars are playing very well, incredibly natural, this is a plus for the movie.