IMDb > "Zero Hour" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Zero Hour" More at IMDbPro »

Remarkable

Author: Nephren-Ka from Australia
2 March 2005

This documentary series is arguably one of the best that I've ever come across in my countless hours in front of the idiot box. It takes a very unique and fresh approach in that it covers some of the most significant recent and controversial historical events and attempts to retrace exactly what happened in the final hour leading up to it.

The film-makers here use a blend of actors in a dramatised short film and splice this with real-life audio outtakes from emergency phone calls made during and immediately in the wake of such events, in-depth interviews with those who were at the event as well as interesting additional facts which help to explain and understand how and why the event took place, all with quite an objective point of view.

The format of each episode is very easy to follow as it merely gives the viewer a minute by minute recount of what took place. Episodes are never spread over multiple weeks, so the package is always nicely wrapped up with each episode.

Highly recommended.

Informative.

Author: dy158 from Singapore
23 June 2006

I had forgotten how many Zero Hour episodes I had watched which were once aired here on the Discovery Channel, but whenever there is the chance an episode is on air, I will try to watch it.

Presenting some of the most important and maybe controversial moments in our current times, it's all about retracing those people who are involved in the event in a way or another through reenactments. It's definitely a no-holds-barred documentary series presenting some of the pivotal moments in history through real human accounts.

We all are aware where we were in regarding some of the most pivotal historical moments which were reporting on the news, but what really happened before it happened before our eyes on the news? This series follow whatever those who witnessed what happened and others indirectly involved.

Definitely very informative to understand the raw accounts of the events leading up to what really happened.