IMDb > "Gossip Girl" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Gossip Girl"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Gossip Girl" More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 21: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

I don't think it deserves so much criticism, I loved it.

Author: Kalina Noeva from Bulgaria
27 May 2008

I'm not one of those girly girls that likes fashion shows and chick-flicks, yet i LOVE this show. It's suspenseful, the characters are thought through and the plot is MUCH LESS shallow than all the recent romantic comedies that have come out, for example. It's actually pretty smart. The story isn't one-sided, it doesn't come off as fake or silly, the way the people evolve is pretty amazing and the overall message that it carries is NOT just about how cool kids with a lot of money are. Seriously, its much more than that and i think people judge it too harshly because on first sight it looks shallow and sugarcoated, but its not. If you like One Tree Hill or the O.C. for example, id recommend this show. HIGHLY.

I don't know why people dislike this so much when I myself would have expected to, but ended up hooked onto it. Watch it before you set your mind against it. You might end up as hooked as I am. I hope they continue this show, it's one of the good ones.

that is just cruel....

Author: terminatorxx from India
15 March 2011

ohh...what can i say about gossip girl...i watched the first season and i may have thought it is OK but right from after that it all just falls apart....i think something is seriously wrong with the makers of the show...while it sure does deliver one thing for sure "lets you into the scandalous, pathetic lives of some self obsessive pricks".the plot is blown out of proportion, characterizations is too bad to even think about, if you want to watch something nice..please do NOT watch this show. it could have been really good but all they show is cheating, double- crossing,hate,arrogance,opportunism and some brutal things happening to nice people while the bad people "party". it is not entirely bad though.there are patches of good for which you do not want to bear with the bad...

Just a waste of time.

Author: Jordan Lujan from Houston, Texas
29 September 2012

Let me just start by saying that I watched the Pilot of Gossip Girl because a friend recommended it and I only agreed because I knew Kristen Bell was the narrator. I hate not watching the entire first season of a show before I judge it because I feel like I walked out of a movie theater half way through (Which is such a stupid thing to do, if you do that sort of thing I have no respect for your opinion on movies). While Blake Lively may be a good actress, I could not stand her in this show. She seemed disconnected and maybe that was what they were going for, but it just seemed like bad acting to me. The entire plot seemed a bit non existent. Maybe you have to watch the whole season to get "hooked", but isn't that something a pilot should do? I think the whole "almost rape" thing was supposed to be a part of the hook, but I just didn't see it. Overall, I would have to say no. I did not enjoy this show, but I do not regret watching the pilot. Now I know to steer clear.

Guilty pleasure - Love, love, love,love,love......................

Author: Nasiegu from United States
21 February 2015

I love this show. It's about a bunch of spoilt teenagers, but I still love it. I stumbled upon it when I had nothing else to watch. I thought just a few shows to pass the time, then I move on. How wrong was I?..............I love Chuck Bass, and how he growls like Batman, Queen B and her schemes, S and here disastrous romances, Dan and his awkward self, Nate and his brooding self, Eric and his sweet, tortured self, Rufus and his very much in love with Lily self, Queen B's posse and their disloyal selves, Eleanor and her 'The Devil Wears Prada' wannabe self, Vannesa and her tree hugger, unlucky in love self. My favourite, surprisingly, is Jenny. I thought she would be the most annoying character, like that annoying little sister from 7th heaven. But she isn't. I love her spirited, struggling to find her identity, and fit in somewhere self. I was so rooting for her when the cold war between her and Queen B was on. Then again when she started the internship at Eleanor's. She is my girl. Maybe I love her so much because, she is the only girl who is convincing as a high school kid. Apart from Eric, all the other characters look too old to be in high school. Not that I mind too much......clearly. And lastly, what I love most about this show.....drum roll's based in NY. My favorite city in the world.

On another note........who are these people? Are there people living such charmed, filthy rich lives out there? Those clothes? wow! On high school kids no less. And why are these kids always partying and drinking? That, I frown upon. Some ground rules need to be laid here. But hey, what do I know about the lives of the rich and richer.

I am only on Season 2 , so I have plenty of Gossip Girl ahead of me. I don't want it to end, but I have that burning question drawing me to the finale.............Who is Gossip Girl? And why is she Gossip Girl?

I don't know why it gets so much negitivety

Author: scoobydoo1992-1 from United States
9 December 2010

I really don't understand why this show gets so much negitivity. It has hott guys, good actors and consistent and great story lines. why people think that its horrible and give it flack? I don't know because i really disagree. This show is absolutely my number one show out of all of them that i watch and it beats any other show. All of the main cast members are very great at their character portrayal. The viewers might not be the best........ but it has a big lead in its demographic, which means the people who the network care about watch this show, with good reason. All the seasons have gotten better, with the exception of season three which was good but not as great as one or two. Season four is awesome once again. The music featured in the episodes is a whole other story. EVERY SINGLE EPISODE has AMAZING music i always have to download it after because it is honestly great. I really hope that more people will see how great the show is........ and watch. Otherwise you don't know what you are missing.

Not Like The Other Teen Shows

Author: Erdem Hebele from Turkey
3 January 2010

I think these teen shows are worse than all of the soap operas, because when you watched these soap operas, at least you can laugh. And Gossip Girl made me laugh, for a lot of times. Except Leighton Meester's performance, all of the individual performances is not even bad, one of the worst I have ever seen. But this show is just made for fun. Writers did not intend to give a message or write something makes sense. They just write it for fun. It is like their hobbies and this feature makes this show great.

By the way, dear writers, please kill Serena, I have never seen such a bad actress in my whole life, she is praised because she has a perfect body but nobody cares about her acting.

fun and entertaining....for teens

Author: ghazalehf13 from Islamic Republic of Iran
9 September 2010

in my opinion,the first and the second season of gossip girl was a lot better.following the third season,while i was watching it,it felt like it wasn't really the show i used to watch last year.the third season was not the know the characters were changed pretty much!Blake lively's character, Serena van der woodsen was just a mess!!!i coulden't stand watching her scenes!the Serena/Nate/jenny storyline that Nate was torn between Serena and jenny,was horrible!but....if you're following this show since the first and second season and your're somehow addicted to it,you woulden't get the differences.but the other things of season three were fine.(like the whole chuck and Blair's thing,lily and Rufus's story lines &...) anyway...another thing about gossip girl is that :THIS SHOW IS ONLY FOR TEENAGERS!!!!parents and adults should not watch it!it's not made for them!this is a great teen drama just for teens!after 3 years,i really can't see a reason parents and adults even bother watching it! so...that was my opinion...and i think this is a good teen show and teens enjoy it a lot!

Author: emily nora from United States
21 May 2008

Gossip Girl is definitely a favorite of mine and also a favorite to any teenagers across the country. I find Gossip Girl refreshing,interesting, and always wanting more. It is definitely a drama series consisting of Manhattan's elite. In the shows it talks a lot about problems with alcohol, drugs, and sex. This is helpful in some ways because it shows the positive and negatives of using alcohol and drugs. And might persuade some teens to cut back or not use it at all.It does have inappropriate scenes for people under the age of 12. The show also has a very hot cast and a lot of amazing actors that bring all that they have into the show. I am looking forward to the next season of G.G(:

You all have to watch this

Author: ckbatterbee from Nottingham, England
8 June 2008

I started watching Gossip Girl as something to watch on a Thursday Night, but as it got further on into the episode i got more involved. I absolutely love Gossip Girl it is fantastic, i admit i have not read the books therefore cannot compair them to that but as a person who hasn't read them i thought it was great and recommended it to friends who all now love it. We are at the moment in love with Chuck who, we have just recently found, comes from England, we recommend this series and i just hope they make another as it really is entertaining!

Also if you have ever watched 'Skins' (i think it's only showed in England) then it is a little like that except it is about rich teenagers and their dramatic lives rather than average sixth formers who have highly exciting and dramatic lives. That is my interpretation of it anyway with the emphasis on the rich and powerful, but it's obviously only an opinion.

Hope you all enjoy Gossip Girl and realise how great Chuck is (although it took me a while to come to the conclusion)

the greatest show ever made

Author: jhw89 from United States
19 May 2008

okay not exactly. but it's pretty darn good. much better than that O.C. crap. maybe i'm biased cause i live in new york but who cares. ed west-wick, who plays chuck bass, may be the most fantastic specimen on TV right now. love him, can't get enough of him. after seeing the one episode he wasn't in i went through serious chuck withdrawal. and Blair--oh Blair, you're so funny. you should be with chuck. and chuck, do not sleep with that blonde skank or that brunette skank or that strawberry blonde skank or whomever. they're butt ugly. stick with Blair because she's mad fly. everyone else is just background music. Blake lively certainly looks but the part, but she's got that weird lisp-type thing going on where she talks like an idiot. can't explain it. anyways, the show for me is really about chuck and Blair. mainly chuck though. but also Blair.