IMDb > "Gossip Girl" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Gossip Girl"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Gossip Girl" More at IMDbPro »

Page 7 of 22: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Best show ever. I love Chuck Bass

Author: conniefletch from Weirton WV
16 May 2017

I LOVE THIS SHOW!! Actually never watched it when on CW. But started watching it on Netflix & couldn't turn it off. Binge watched entire series repeatedly.

I fell in love with Chuck Bass + Blair/Chuck romance/drama. Though I am glad they ended up together I must admit I am totally jealous of Blair! Even with all his faults Chuck Bass is the best thing about the show!!

Read the Book Instead

Author: BatBanks Smith from Philadelphia, PA
11 May 2017

Hated! It's nothing like the books (I've read), the TV series has no plot and everyone can't act; Blake Lively and Leighton Meester were not right for the roles, all the girls in the show are unattractive and the boys are ten times better looking than the girls. Dan and Rufus (Serena's brother, he was older than Serena in the books but there made him younger in the show) they are only two who have sense; Jenny is stupid; Taylor Momsen does nothing too (can't act too).

Kind of boring with wrong messages but still intriguing...

Author: thalixan
21 October 2016

If I had to admit one advantage of this show, I would mention the unknown identity of Gossip Girl that keeps us on the edge of our seats. Nevertheless,it can be boring sometimes because we are forced to watch the routine of four rich teenagers without any truly scandalous development. Of course, I cannot deny that the characters are indeed interesting but with many annoying flaws. For example, I couldn't hide in any way my dislike for Blair Waldorf who is presented as officious.Furthermore, the show might give to the young ones wrong messages because everything seems to go around money, expensive clothes and fame.However , the most irritating thing about these series is the ending . I just cannot accept that these impertinent ,insatiable and spoiled group of kids had a happy ending while no one of them really deserved it. Albeit they had everything,they still wanted more. It seems to me that this show might affect wrongly the formulation of the children's' character.

Great soap opera for the late 2000's

Author: Nadia Bee from Philadelphia, PA, USA
18 October 2016

Gossip girl is a glossy soap opera set in Manhattan. The first season is solid, and the rest of the series is good, but I think like many high school shows it kind of loses its appeal once they get older. After a season or two they completely ignore all college stories and have people in their early 20's with full fledged careers. Another downside is that the show is weighted down with a particular love story (it involves Blair) and some other love triangles. The show does a good job of actually filming in NYC and using real landmarks which you know is expensive to film.

The show has great fashion and great plot twists. It isn't a smart show but it is addictive. It is worth watching!!

To watch or not to watch?

Author: Panos Gr from Athens
26 September 2016

I've just finished the series and have been trying to figure out whether it was a waste of my time or not. I'm not too much into fashion and I wouldn't want the materialistic lifestyle they advertise so much so I couldn't really recommend or relate to the main characters. However, I must admit I've learned some interesting lessons out of watching these 6 seasons. I'm quite the pacifist so I never imagined fighting and arguing could really bond people over time which is something that I've seen actually works in time. Whatever lessons I managed to get when I wasn't eye-rolling over their obvious plot holes and as seemingly impossible it is for characters to tell the truth in this show it is quite entertaining and ,at its core, a simple love story about a boy that schemed his butt off to achieve the apparently impossible. I myself prefer to get mentally stimulated by a TV show so I recommend something more like the more recent "Mr. Robot" but if what you're looking for is tons of drama and a taste of a life that is probably very different to yours this show will fulfill your every dream!

soapy teen drama

Author: SnoopyStyle
24 August 2016

It's the lives and the loves of the privileged pretty young people of the upper east side. Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively) surprises everybody with her sudden return. Her brother Eric had tried to commit suicide. Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) has been seeing her best friend Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester) but still holds a flame for Serena. There is also bad boy Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick). There is 'lonely boy' Daniel Humphrey (Penn Badgley) who has a secret crush on Serena. His sister Jenny is desperate to be in the popular crowd. Their rocker father Rufus has a past with Serena's mother Lily (Kelly Rutherford). Through it all, there is the secret identity of the mysterious Gossip Girl who collects and disseminates gossip gathered by her followers.

It's a slick, soapy, glitzy teen drama filled with pretty, damaged characters. It's a full on soap opera for young people who want just enough sexy, dirty drama. For fans of this type of material, this show delivers. The young cast headed by Blake Lively has some great up-and-comers. The adults, headed by Kelly Rutherford, have the needed balance. There is an aspect of guilty pleasure but it's not necessarily that guilty. It is not bad in any real way. It is filled with big drama but that's the genre. The show does deteriorates after a couple of years although most high school shows struggle at that point especially ones with this much melodrama.

Surprisingly impressive

Author: ivan_jbj from Bulgaria
7 March 2016

As a straight dude initially I was quite skeptical to the title and the seeming concept of the show. So i was browsing netflix and totally bored decided what hell, why not give it a shot. So then it started....i was quite impressed with the actors play regardless of their hotness, they are extremely good actors and very credible characters. The gossip girl website also rang a bell as a modern day metaphor for all social media and seems believable too, close to reality. Whist on the negative , i did find some repetitive patterns that some may find boring, but overall the story is quite exciting, captivating and a real tearjerker at times. Well done. P.S. After writing this review, I stopped watching this show at the s03e03 for like an year as it has got pretty boring at this point and quite different to the original high-school atmosphere. Recently I decided to give it another go and OMG, it really picks up and brings the old glory. So in the event like me you didn't like the transition after season 2, please please give it a chance, it really holds up to its reputation until the very end, full 6 seasons.

good books...okay show

Author: Hooliyah Raquel Martinez from chicago
15 February 2015

Honestly I don't know how much more of this show I can take! I read the books when they were very popular and was excited when they were going to make a show out of it!! But watching the pilot episode made me very upset they botched one of the main characters for season 1-3!! Which made me back away from the show! Years later I felt like I could get through the series since the books are now foggy but they still managed to botch some of the characters and their actions! I have managed to get to the last season just out of curiosity! I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone who has read the books or anyone into these drama shows! Honestly I'm disappointed

Author: chuck
7 June 2014

I just love Gossip Girl it is full of drama, love and friendship! Totally recommend it. It is just perfect. I love it! It is really interesting as you watch one episode you can't stop watching it. I really recommend it to every one. Basically is the favorite series I have watched. I specially recommend to teenage girls. It is amazing! My sister recommend it to me and I decided to watch it and I finished watching it in just 2 weeks because it was really interesting. In summary it is a story of friends that live in Manhattan exposed to secrets, gossip, money, and more stuff. They are in the mystery of finding who gossip girl is.

Guilty Pleasure Galore.

Author: rebeccakatielouisexo from England
10 July 2015

Where do I start with Gossip Girl, it's such a big guilty pleasure. It has a great story-line, with a full circle story, with great character development, where viewers can empathize with the characters. The pressures of the future and colleges for a teen. A all to real love battle, between Blair and Chuck. A clash in the two best friends, which adds to the depth of the story. Also great eye candy, in Chace Crawford & Ed Westwick, to girls interested, as well as the fashion, the guest stars, and amazingly extravagant parties. Great ideas to use in your real life, like the white party, etc... I strongly suggest you go on netflix, and binge watch the series, you won't be disappointed.