IMDb > "On-Air with Ryan Seacrest" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"On-Air with Ryan Seacrest" More at IMDbPro »

Mind-Numblingly Bad Extended Commercial for Fox TV

Author: Grand from United States
23 May 2004

The only good thing about this hour-long, five times a week commercial for other Fox TeeVee shows is that it is filmed at Hollywood and Highland and the audience can look through the windows and watch the traffic outside. It's certainly more interesting than Ryan Seacrest, who seems to have no existence outside of the narrow world of "American Idol" and presenting the latest losers -- day after day after day after mind-numbing day. At what point do we get to grab hold of Nielsen viewers, shake them, and scream, "These people LOST! America has spoken! We do NOT want to ever see them again!"? Occasionally some publicist will manage to land an actual celebrity on the show, someone who ISN'T appearing on some other Fox TeeVee show later in the week, but such appearances are few and far between. Anyone with a Nielsen or Arbitron gig who watches this show should be reprimanded. Sternly. They deserve it for tying up an hour of airtime for the rest of us.

not bad

Author: rvltn206
14 December 2006

Actually I liked this show even though I was pushing 40 years old when it was on the air. Part of the reason is it was good. And partly there wasn't anything else worth watching on over-the-air TV.

I thought Seacrest did a great job and honestly I'm not a fan of American Idol. The guests were great for both young and not-too-young, and the giveaways for the audience were nice. It was something interesting for a disabled person like me to watch in the afternoon when nothing was on in the daytime except soaps and those boring and not so good talk shows known as Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, et cetera. They're almost trash TV.

But Seacrest's show was good. I was disappointed it didn't last long.

Best Talk Show!

Author: robin h from Canada
20 June 2005

I watched On Air With Ryan Seacrest from the first day the show aired until it ended. Everyday when I came home from school I would watch On Air. I think it was one of the best talk shows ever. Ryan did a wonderful job hosting and he made the show so fun and enjoyable to watch. I think On Air should have never been cancelled because it was such a great show to watch.

I loved how Ryan had the American Idol contestants on his show and I especially loved when Clay Aiken was on the show with Kelly Clarkson. When Ryan had Janet Jackson on the show it was so cool and I loved how Ryan had the countdown to when Janet Jackson was coming to the show. Overall I love On Air With Ryan Seacrest and I think it should have never been cancelled.

Absolutely Dreadful

Author: dlermajr2003 (dlermajr2003@yahoo.com) from El Paso Texas
12 May 2006

I have seen some extremely boring talk shows in my time, but this one takes the cake. There was never anything appealing about this show to me. I had never taken naps in the afternoon until I started watching "ON AIR...." - just kidding. However it did help put me to sleep.

Ryan seacrest looks like a regular Joe. True-he has the looks that drive many women wild, but he is also pretty boring. I'd rather see Bobcat Goldthwait as the host of "American Idol." To sum up, I'm glad that "On Air w/ Ryan Seacrest" is no longer on the air. Now if they would just get rid of "The O.C.", I would the happiest man in the world.

Ryan Seacrest has no personality

Author: jon_the_horror_fan from Canada
12 June 2004

Every joke Seacrest tells bombs. Every story he tells is boring and pointless. Every guest sucks. Ryan Seacrest is giving Mike Bullard a run for his money with the award of 'worst talk show of all time'.

The only people who watch this show are woman who find seacrest attractive. Or brainwashed fashion lemmings who wear what they are told to wear and watch what they are told to watch. He's riding the fame of American idol (which is a terrible show where the winners are forgotten after a few months because they are no talent popstars).

If I hear "seacrest out" one more time I'm going to take him out for good.