IMDb > 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant More at IMDbPro »Nae-sa-rang ssa-ga-ji (original title)

Cute Movie

Author: xsilentkatex from United States
4 October 2007

If you're a fan of Korean romantic comedies then you'll like this film. Like many Korean romantic comedies following My Sassy Girl the relationship starts off as dislike/hate and develops into love. The ending is a bit cheesy but if you're a romantic at heart you'll like it anyway. If you've seen and liked the movie He Was Cool then you'll like this one. The actors also had nice chemistry and were believable as a couple. Minor Spoiler below: This film has a happy (if somewhat cheesy) ending. No one dies and no one drops out of the storyline for good. If you like movies with a happily ever after ending then you'll like this one.

Not exactly My Sassy Girl, but does a pretty good job overall.

Author: samzabbel from Philippines
21 October 2008

I'll keep this as short as I can. Basically, 100 Days With Mr. Arrogant is a Korean movie about your average high school senior Kang Ha-yeong (Ha Ji-won) who just had her heart broken, and meeting a gorgeous yet totally conceited guy Lee Hyeong-jun (Kim Jae-Won), thanks to fate. A kicked soda can that missed and hit Hyeong-jun instead, who was driving and hit a wall, leaving a dent in his Lexus 430, if I'm not mistaken. Hyeong-jun confronts Ha-yeong about the matter and asks for 3 grand to pay for the damages. Obviously not having that kind of money, Hyeong-jun instead forces the poor schoolgirl into an agreement wherein she will be his slave for 100 days. Of course, over the duration of the agreement they soon start having feelings for one another.

It's cute, fluffy, and the gross parts are forgivable. I can also understand why people, most especially those who aren't too familiar with Asian culture would compare this to the Korean success, My Sassy Girl and therefore dismiss this film as trying too hard. However, this movie was meant to entertain, and not stir minds, and does a pretty justifiable job in doing so. Ha Ji-won may not be at par with Jun Ji-Hyun acting-wise, but her theatric skills are nowhere near cringe-worthy yet, and her good looks assuage for the loss. Jae-won Kim is very handsome and convincing as the bum Hyeong-jun, and together, they make a good-looking couple on screen. Also, their chemistry works that despite the occasional over-the-top antics, hopeless romantics will not be disappointed.

Sure, it's a little predictable. And sure, MSG fans will inevitably find references to My Sassy Girl. It's cheesy and over-the-top, and that's why it's such a guilty pleasure. I'll say this though....I enjoyed this much more than Sex Is Zero, which Ha Ji-won also stars in.

My Sassy Girl clone

Author: Maomao from Singapore
27 May 2005

Some people claimed that this is a gross romantic comedy. However the gross scenes in this movie is nothing compared to Hong Kong grade C flicks.

In 'My Sassy Girl', we have the female lead being violent and bossy to her boyfriend. In '100 Days with Mr. Arrogant', it is the other way round. This movie was adapted from an Internet blog, similar to the history of 'My Sassy Girl'.

Actress Ha Ji-won is versatile. She has proved she can be a beautiful sexy lady in 'Sex is Zero' and also a cute schoolgirl in '100 Days with Mr. Arrogant'.

Mao points: 8/10

The first hour was alright

Author: KineticSeoul from United States
29 April 2014

The first hour of this comedy was alright, not all that memorable but was alright. I didn't laugh or even chuckle, but was amused few times then and there. Just about everything about this movie is plain downright ridiculous and doesn't make any sense. However you just have to go with it in order to be able to watch it without nitpicking everything. I give it credit for when this movie came out, but it's kinda outdated now and corny especially the last 30 minutes. The first hour is watchable, but the last 30 minutes or so just drags on and on. Ha Ji-won isn't a amazing actress in this, but she fit the role very well.

4.2/10

Like they say it's no "My Sassy Girl."

Author: dennisyoon from Washington DC
22 December 2004

I guess it's a tribute that everyone brings up "My Sassy Girl" as a sort of standard for this particular genre. If you haven't seen it yet, give it a go.

As for 100 Days with Mr Arrogant it's a fair way to waste some time. Funny thing is the movie was better when they focused on the lowbrow, physical comedy at the start. The romantic resolution was a little forced and predictable--more formulaic than original. Originality is hard to come by nowadays anywhere, so I at least hope for good execution and nice production. The leads do look nice and the comedy and production were the strong points to me. Just a little diversionalong the way and no way near as magic as "My Sassy Girl"

Really a good movie...

Author: grm712000 from india
14 March 2014

I like the movie.. it was like sassy girl but i liked this movie especially the ending . It was funny as well as romantic... The acting was also good according to me. Ha ji won was funny playing as a silly girl. Kim jaewon was awesome playing a boy who is rich spoiled brat with good heart. This movie brings a smile but sometimes some funny moments will make your eyebrows raised . If you expect something funny in a south korean movie , that is it. I m not from south korean so I expect good as well as something funny and it was it. But if we compare this movie with others , I have to say the sassy girl is more surprising and funny.A NICE WATCH..!!

A Film That Mocks Male Superiority

Author: Desertman84 from United States
6 September 2012

100 Days with Mr. Arrogant,also known as My Love Ssagaji,is a South Korean romantic comedy.It stars Kim Jae-Won, Ha Ji-Won and Kim Tae- Hyeon.

It is about high school girl Ha Young. After being dumped by her boyfriend just before their 100 day anniversary, she meets a college guy named Hyung-Joon when she kicks a can that accidentally hits him in the face and causes him to scratch his Lexus. He demands she pay him 3 million won ($3000) on the spot. She escapes from him, leaving her wallet behind.

Hyung-Joon stalks her, demanding money to pay for his car. Since she is a poor high school student Hyung-Joon writes up a "Enslavement Agreement" for Ha-Young in order to pay for the damage to his car. Ha- Young is thrown into a nightmarish slave life for 100 days,such as running his errands, cleaning his house, carrying his shopping, and cleaning his car.

By accident she finds out that the damage to Hyung-Joon's car that's only 10,000 won ($10). She then takes her revenge. However, before she knows it.Hyung-Joon shows up at her house as her new tutor! He once again takes advantage of her, but soon Ha-Young finds herself falling head over heels for Hyung-Joon.

A lot of people have considered this as one of the best Korean romantic comedies ever made in recent years.But in reality,it is simply a generic one that involves formulaic plot and clichés.Aside from that,the chemistry between the lead stars - Ha Ji-Won and Kim Jae-Won - is what defines the movie.Aside from that,the story somewhat "mocks" the Asian culture of male superiority especially when Hyung-Joon writes up a "Enslavement Agreement" for Ha-Young for a certain number of days.Overall,this is one film that provides fun and entertainment that would certainly won't be place in the same category like other Korean romantic comedy masterpiece such as My Sassy Girl.

1000 Miles away from being a good comedy! 100000000 Miles away from "My Sassy Girl"!!!

Author: Francisco Mj from El Salvador
13 April 2012

I'm a hardcore fan form Asian movies, specially from the ones that come from South Korea; that's why I gave a shot to "100 Days with Mr. Arrogant", and what I can say after watching it is that the movie is very far away from being a good movie and that is even more far away from being an excellent production like "My Sassy Girl".

First of all, the movie doesn't preserve the essence from Korean cinema (the one that is event present in the worst movies); by the other hand the film is forced to fit a Hollywood Cliché, a "romantic movie" format that is so popular among the nonsense and bad American chick flicks.

The main story and plot is the typical "love/hate" movie that ALL OF US KNOWS how it's going to end, first they hate each other and 90 minutes later they end forever together. No effort from the director, editor or production to give us something interesting "out of the box".

A mediocre acting from Ji-won Ha. I'm really into Korean actresses, but the work made by this girl is very superficial, annoying in some parts and provides poorly face expression. For this types of films is obvious that we need a "girl next door" type, but with what we have seen in Korean cinema, we could have had a Ji-hyun Jun or a Hye-kyo Song type; didn't like her face too. A decent performance from Jae-Won Kim, keeping in mind that the film wasn't something challenging for any actor.

Pretty bad photography. Cheesy ending. There is no way in life this movie is going to have the effect and impression of "My Sassy Girl", if the direction tried to do it, they ended 100000000 miles away.

Conclusion: if you are looking for another "My Sassy Girl", stay away from this film; if you are looking for another cheesy Korean chick flick... please, please, please look somewhere else!

No suprise...

Author: evensung from Norway
6 April 2004

I didn't have too high hopes for this movie, and it sure didn't suprise me in any way.

It's been described almost like MSG (my sassy girl), and after watching it, I have to say...it only comes out looking like a horrible and shapeless replica.

Acting was...on par. Ha Ji Won isn't really a great actress...and she sure didn't impress in this one either. She is however a very goodlooking being, and for me that was kinda what drove me through this sorry excuse for a movie. Kim Jae Won was most definately the best preformer, but he bleaks under the horrible plot...and the execution of it.

The movie suffers from being horribly easy to predict. It also fails where MSG succeded...the transition during the movie from (romantic)comedy to romance.

There were some semi-funny scenes in it though. But nothing worth remembering. Spend ur time with something else...I only reccomend seeing this if you're either a die-hard Jae-won or Ji-won fan... or if u like waisting time.

Very ordinary romantic comedy...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
16 December 2015

Unfortunately it seemed that director Dong-Yeob Shin just plotted in the data of 'how-to-make-a-romantic-comedy' and a very generic plot was printed. The entire movie seemed to be on autopilot and following the generic guide of how to make a romantic comedy step by step.

That being said, I am not saying that "100 Days With Mr. Arrogant" (aka "Nae-sa-rang ssa-ga-ji") is a bad or poor movie. Not at all. What I am saying is that it is unfathomably generic and offers absolutely nothing new to the genre at all. And if you have seen any other South Korean romantic comedy, then you know exactly what you will get here.

I will say that it is always nice to see Ji-Won Ha in a movie, as she is a diverse actress and quite talented. Together with Jae-Won Kim she carried the movie quite well.

As for the story, well, it is your typical hate turns to love romantic comedy, so I don't think it needs any elaboration.

"100 Days With Mr. Arrogant" is not the best that the genre has to offer, but it is still worth sitting down and watching a single time.