IMDb > "Hart to Hart" Hart and Sole (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Hart to Hart" Hart and Sole (1982)

« Prev | 64 of 111 Episodes | Next »

Spies, Intrigue, and ... the Vulcan Neck Pinch?

Author: HilaryElizabeth9 from United States
6 April 2009

The guest stars on this one were a hoot. First we've got Peggy Pope as yet another maid. Jack Kruschen plays a guy not afraid to be a good Jewish Maher who references another good Jewish Maher. Awesome! I wasn't so thrilled with Jennifer's line that the guy following them "doesn't look like a Martin; William, maybe, but not a Martin." Dude is black. Not sure if that makes a difference or not, but the line didn't sit well with me. One does get a bit baffled why, after a while, the Harts wouldn't get Wary of strange cars hanging out across the way from their gate. They're always bad guys. Anyway, the most interesting part of this whole episode for me was the use by the main bad guy of some kind of offshoot of the Vulcan Neck Pinch. He reached over to Max did some kind of voodoo behind his ear, and he went down like a Red Shirt. The whole undercover ruse is great, and Jonathan's panic over Jennifer's safety is gold for any Hart to Hart fan. Note: Jonathan plays age 40, more than 10 years younger than RJ is. Which I love. The final climactic scenes remind me a lot of Bachelor Party. And the sexual innuendo all over the place only added to it.