IMDb > A Woman Reported (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Woman Reported More at IMDbPro »

Very heartbreaking but a strong powerful story

Author: Irishmoviereviewer from Ireland
26 January 2014

When I saw those men running after her, I was thinking in my head 'why are you doing this to a innocent human being for no reason?' and 'Do you even realize what you're doing?'.

Its just so heartbreaking to see some Lgbt communities suffer from homo phobics, it really makes me so sad.

Even when she was reunited with her GF, it was like they are safe Together like love never dies and the bad guys won't come near the woman. I wish the world was such a safe place like being more open and not closeted!

Such a brilliant film, speechless!

Terrific!

Author: bethy55 from Los Angeles, CA
20 February 2004

Though a tough film to swallow, this beautifully executed short film definitely has its audience captivated for the entire duration. The cinematographer and director, together, truly captured the fear, desperation, and utter horror of the woman being chased by her two attackers. The chase scenes were heartpounding, not only due to the variety of shots and the choppiness in which they are edited together, but also due to the perfect sychronicity of the wonderful score. Due to the small amount of dialogue within the film, the score was of utmost importance in telling the story, sharing the emotions, and instilling the fear with/in the audience; job well done. The viewer is swept up in the danger of the chase, as well as the relief and safety of being with her girlfriend in her fantasies. The ending is left rather vague, which I like very much, because the story can be interpreted in so many ways. Sometimes it is nice to see a story and not be told "this is the beginning, this is the middle, and this is what happens in the end." Better left to our own interpretation. I could continue raving, but I will end with my Congratulations to Chris Russo, and her entire cast and crew, for creating such a wonderful little film, with so much to say. (Congratulations on taking it to Sundance, as well.)

Beautiful, powerful, important

Author: junecatpower from california
4 September 2004

It's hard to describe what happens in the film without giving too much away. I saw this jaw-dropping, beautiful short film at a film festival and the audience was so moved it wasn't sure how to react. We all felt the emergence of an ingenious, important new voice in lesbian cinema. At the same time we all felt the

harrowing, devastating events in the film resonate so deeply within our souls... it felt wrong to clap, but it felt wrong not to.

The amazingly talented and stunning director, Chris J. Russo, has a very long and successful career ahead of her. If she can change the course of cinematic history and the lives of thousands with one landmark short film, imagine what she could do given a feature. Her innate brilliance drips off of every frame directly into your conscience, where it is forever burned into your heart.

EVERYONE SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE! If you haven't guessed, it changed my