Click (2006) Poster

(2006)

Surprisingly good
Lliao0211-125 June 2006
I walked into the movie theater expecting to see Adam Sandler make a complete buffoon of himself. However, when I came out I was impressed. There was a depth to this movie I did not see coming, and it took me completely off guard. "Click" proved to be a powerful, emotional, and humorous piece of work. There was a certain philosophical message in this movie, in which I think, we all take for granted. Adam Sandler did a great job in playing a work-aholic. It is always great to see Christopher Walkin in any movie, and in "Click" he played the eccentric scientist who provides Adam Sandler with his life controlling remote.I Recommend this to anyone looking for a quality film with a good laugh. Definitely a 10/10 in my book.
405 out of 566 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Refreshing comedy gags meets heartfelt, reflective story to appreciate life's little details
nic-16518 June 2006
Going in to this movie I expected to have the normal 2 hour thoughtless escape from everyday life that these type movies normally deliver. Instead I laughed. I even cried. I left pleasantly surprised. Leaving the theatre I couldn't help reflect upon the need to really appreciate life's little moments and close friends and family more. Walken was outstanding. Sandler was effective and really funny in his toned down approach to this more intelligent comedy than the usual Sandler fare. Kate Beckinsale is very lovable as the wife and mother of his children and Hasslehoff couldn't have been more perfectly cast as the cluelessly self-absorbed exec/ boss. I liked it a lot and I'm not normally one to feel either way about these type of movies. I'd go see it next time with family and friends that I really should spend more time with anyway!
342 out of 479 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Surprisingly Fantastic...
uziallo14 June 2006
Being an Adam Sandler film I went into the preview expecting the same Adam Sander film which I do enjoy quite a lot, sometimes it's great to escape and not get too critical about the film you are viewing. I went in with this mentality to Click and I was surprised with how good this film really is. A lot of the time people that write comments will judge a film without seeing it and it gives the film a bad name. Ignore what you hear about this film and take a look, I'm sure you will be surprised with it also. Adam Sandler has shown that he is capable of playing a serious character in contrast o the aggressive and funny character he normally plays in his film, Click is no different, Sandler is both funny and serious at the right moments, Kate Bekinsale is great as Donna his wife, and Christopher Walken is excellent as always as Morty, the Bed, Bath and Beyond Employee. David Hasselhoff, Henry Winkler, and Jennifer Coolidge are funny in their supporting roles in this film. Australian audiences expecting to see Sophie Monk in a major role will be disappointed as she is honestly a very minor character in the film, in contrast to what the Comedy Chanel is running about her on Foxtel/Austar.

All in all I do recommend seeing this film, if not to learn a valuable lesson about priorities in life, but to have a laugh and to enjoy a film that is better than what was expected of it.
399 out of 582 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Amazing movie, top to bottom...
minorchord23 June 2006
What a pleasant surprise "Click" turned out to be! Based on the trailer, one can assume that Adam Sandler, playing Michael Newman in his latest movie, has made a movie that is just like Adam Sandler's last movie... and Adam Sandler's movie before that... and the one before that... i.e., the comedy at which you groan, shake your head, say "what the...", and yet can't help from laughing out loud. That's what you get in the first hour of this film. That hour is also as much as the trailer shows, and for good reason.

Director Frank Coraci, who also worked with Adam Sandler in directing The Waterboy and The Wedding Singer, makes excellent use of a technique that should be taken advantage of more often by more directors. He sets us up in the aforementioned first hour of the movie for laughs, and manages to do this quite a few times, and not just with the moments seen in the trailer like other comedies. And, based on one's presupposed knowledge of the typical Adam Sandler movie, one expects there to be a spiral out of control for Michael, a realization of the "right thing to do" and everything to end happily with a monologue and one final punchline, all while remaining light-hearted and humorous. However, having this expectation makes the power and the drama of the movie's second hour so much more heartfelt and emotional. This drama never comes off as forced or unnecessary, because the pacing of the transition between the two utterly different tempos is perfect. Steve Koren and Mark O'Keefe, the co-writers of this movie, used a similar technique in "Bruce Almighty", and it worked very effectively there, as well.

There's not much to be said about the ending without the possibility of spoiling it for someone, but suffice to say it accomplishes what it needs to accomplish without making you feel like you've just been cheated.

Far and away the best movie I've seen all year; likely one of the best I have or will seen for many, many years. There's so much more to see in this movie than what the trailer offers. See it... you won't regret it.
342 out of 512 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Must See
lisa8165919 July 2006
I have to say I did not expect to enjoy this movie. My son wanted to see it and finally I gave in & said yes. I thought I was going to have to sit through an hour & a half of mindless comedy. WRONG! This movie did not have a slow moment. There were plenty of laughs for all ages. The 10 yr olds with me didn't get the meaning behind the movie but enjoyed every moment of it. When the movie was over people clapped and were saying that was a great movie. You really must see it! I think a movie that keeps the attention of children and adults is absolutely worth seeing. Although it was full of laughs, keep a napkin handy for a few moments of tears.....
159 out of 231 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Surprisingly touching
FilmLover-423 June 2006
This movie surprised us. We cried. Yes, we cried. The trailer barely tells you what the movie is about. There were some unfunny dumb things having to do with dogs, etc. (no one in the theater laughed much) and some cheeseball stuff, but the emotional core of the movie delivers a wallop that is unexpected. Along the lines of a sort of combination of "Family Man" and "It's a Wonderful Life" -- more "Family Man" -- this movie didn't just bring tears to eyes, it makes you cry. Because of that, I liked it and give it a thumbs up. The annoying stuff is a relatively small price to pay for the lessons the core stuff teaches. Lastly, Kate Beckinsdale (the epitome of domestic beauty in this movie) is absolutely a dream and the actress that played her grown daughter had eyes that matched -- well done. Enough said.
210 out of 314 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Adam Sandler's best movie
xnightwingx23 June 2006
Click is by far Adam Sandler's best movie.. and that ISN'T a cheap shot at his previous films.

Sandler has done a ton of comedy movies with terrible jokes and corny plots, and until Anger Management really he didn't have much to his characters other than his goofiness.

He reminds me of Jim Carey before The Truman Show - just comedy, no substance.

The trailers for Click feature some of the comedic scenes of the movie, but don't worry there are a ton more that aren't spoiled. That being said, this movie isn't all that the trailers portray it to be.

If you're going to see Click solely for a good laugh, you'll love the first 45 minutes and hate the rest of it. The script takes a swerve closer to the end and, unlike any of Sandler's previous movies, the "down" part of the movie (where the main character goes through rough times) is actually very well done. Click goes from being a comedy to a drama - just for a little while.

The dramatic portion of the movie allows Sandler to act as a regular human being; a man who faces the real life consequences of putting his work ahead of his family. It's something a lot of people can relate to, and all of the characters in the movie contribute to the storyline very well.

Click provides great comedy and Sandler's best dramatic performance in a movie. It's clean enough for the kids (okay, the early teenagers), a good laugh with the guys or girls, and turns out to be a surprisingly good date movie.

206 out of 311 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Funny & Touching - A Good Combination
ccthemovieman-115 December 2006
This was a funny and - near the end - a touching movie. That's a nice combination to have. My only complaint is that it certainly isn't "family fare" for a nice story and should have been rated "R," not PG-13. There's simply too much sexual material (and and f-word) for PG-13. With some editing, this could have been a great story for everyone.

However, for us adults who like to laugh, there is plenty in here to do that. The jokes come pretty fast, right from the get-go. The premise would good: with a (television-like) remote control, you could control your life. You could fast-forward through all the unpleasant scenes in your life, or freeze frame something that is happening now, or you could go back into time with your life. It all sounds good, but as our main character "Michael Newman" (Adam Sandler) found out, it's not so cool. That's a key message here, too, that avoiding the bad things is not necessarily what's best for us. The major message, however, was that spending time with your family is more important than putting your job ahead of them, as far as priorities go. That theme leads to some touching scenes in the final 30 minutes of this comedy. As funny as this film is, you would be hard-pressed not to have some tears in your eyes at some point near the end of this film.

Sandler plays a typical role for him, and utters some great lines and uses sight gags as well for plenty of his laughs. Kate Bekinsale, who plays his wife "Donna," looks absolutely beautiful, the prettiest I've seen her since "Pearl Harbor." She plays a nice lady in here, too. Their little kids - especially the girl (Tatum McCann) - are cute and funny at times. I won't mention the dog. I can't without being crude. Christopher Walken is here, and that usually means good news as he tends to play fun-and-interesting characters.

Unfortunately - just a warning - this comedy, as so many modern-day ones are, has its share of crude moments, some language and the above-mentioned sexual material. Overall, it was extremely, entertaining, however.
73 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Where did the old Adam Sandler go?
Jobi1425 June 2006
Where did the old Adam Sandler go? I'm not complaining mind you. I never really liked the fire breathing, short-fused Sandler and it seems that with every new movie I like him even more.

I went to see Click expecting it to be some flash-in-the-pan comedy...but it was much better. The funny jokes weren't a result of Sandler's screaming, but of plot development. The especially sad part of the movie was fantastic and showed a completely different side of Sandler.

The only problem I saw with the movie...they didn't develop Christopher Walken's and Nick Swardson's characters enough. What little parts they had were great, though, and I recommend it for anyone who doesn't over analyze movies. It's a well-spent two hours, and you'll enjoy the film.
119 out of 197 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Loved It!!!
kycats196323 June 2006
This movie is very entertaining, and will make you think long and hard about your own life for many hours after you leave the theater. I was expecting a slapstick comedy, and ended up shedding some tears. This movie sends lots of messages about life, and teaches us all a very good lesson. I also loved the soundtrack, lots of great older songs used throughout the film. I left the theater, and drove to Best Buy to purchase the soundtrack, but was disappointed to learn there was not one! Bottomline, GO see this movie, you will NOT be disappointed! Two thumbs way...............up! I took my 10 year son, and he loved it as well, however, some of the humor is a bit crude, and may be offensive to some younger children. For example, there is lots of "dog humping" shown throughout the movie. But it's the message the movie sends that's the most beneficial. It will truly make you "think"............
126 out of 216 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Family Comes First
Claudio Carvalho19 February 2007
The architect Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) has a typical middle-class family with his lovely and gorgeous wife Donna (Kate Beckinsale) and their son Ben and daughter Samantha, and a constant visit of his parents. However, Michael is workaholic and under stress, trying to satisfy his boss with overwork and get a partnership in his company, giving priority to his work and neglecting the family issues. When the tired Michael goes to a department store to buy an universal remote control, he rests on a bed and he meets the weird salesman Morty (Christopher Walken) that offers him a remote control capable of controlling his own universe. Michael uses too much and loses the control of the device, having his own life controlled by the remote control. Then Michael sees the worthwhile parts of his personal life he missed while working, and in the end of his life he lately concludes that the family comes first.

"Click" is a very interesting comedy, with a serious approach about the importance of having a balanced life between family and work businesses. Adam Sandler performs the role of a liberal professional that does not give priority to his family trying to be successful in his own career, and having the chance to see how his procedure would affect his beloved family. There are some low level jokes, like the "entertainment" of his dog, but they are also hilarious. Kate Beckinsale is extremely beautiful, as usual, even when she is aged, and shows a great chemistry with Adam Sandler. Christopher Walken is very funny in the role of a quite crazy angel. In the end, this highly recommended "Click" is a big surprise, leaving the important message that family comes first and many entertaining moments. My vote is eight.

Title (Brazil): "Click"
76 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Click Off, Please, Now!
wlawson605 July 2006
The idea was great, I grant you that, it always was. From "Faust" to "It's A Wonderful Life" The what if, the second chance, the realization and all the rest. So, can anyone explain to me why the new moronic turns of this perennial tale. The Jerry Springer sensibility that corrodes, diminishes and ultimate destroys what it should have been a lovely movie is what I took with me as I rushed out of the theater. I think that we should all know by now that technical wizardry is not nearly enough and that audiences are smarter than what the smart ass marketing experts seem to think. Is this movie making money? I don't know but I don't think so not even with a million copy opening week end. How sad really. How sad.
91 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Click" A Life Changing Film
vanguardaz27 June 2006
Click was a movie that words cannot even describe how AWESOME it was.From Beginning to the end you'll laugh and you'll cry.I know all of us want to have be financially successful,have that position etc but let me tell you one thing I've learned from this movie FAMILY comes first.No matter how good of a job it sounds or how much it pays off if it takes away from time with your families its NOT worth it because none of us are promised tomorrow and cherish every moment every second you have with them.Parents enjoy the time you have with your kids no matter how young or old they are.Because you won't be able to make up for the times you've missed.Even if you have missed time it's never too late to start.Time is so precious and goes by too fast But I would not recommend this to younger children under 10.It does have some scenes that are not appropriate for them to see.But I do recommend this incredible movie to teens,parents,and grandparents.This is a life-changing movie that will make a difference in your life as well as your families.Don't miss your chance.This film will change your life forever and the way you look at life.Life is too short to miss out on the things that are really important and matter most.Lastly this movie has opened my heart and reminded me of is to tell your family (husbands,wives,kids,brothers,sisters,mom's and dads) you love them everyday and always make time for them.
86 out of 172 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A bad comedy and a shallow drama.
aaaaa3115 August 2006
It first starts like a comedy it turns into a "drama" and then it ends like a comedy again.Why couldn't simply end with the death of Sandler? Why we had to see this typical happy ending again? In this movie there are a lot of clichés. Is the typical story of a man who finds something that change his life,he doesn't like it, tries to have his old life back and when a dead end appears...how original he wakes up from his sleep!!!

Almost 2 hours wasted on a really bad film,with bad jokes,bad acting(Beckinsale was OK) and a lot of clichés in plot seen in other movies... Bruce Almighty is the first that comes into my mind(even the girl running in slow motion was copy from Bruce Almighty).

A waste of time.Don't see it.

49 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
What If You Had A Universal Remote... That Controlled Your Universe?
Jessica Carvalho30 March 2007
Michael Newman loves his family. But he wants to be promoted no matter what, since in this way he could spend more time with his wife, Donna, and Ben and Samantha, his kids. One day,he argues with Donna that he could not stay with his family in an important camp day, and goes out, angry, to buy a universal remote control, since he always had problems with the amount of remote controls they had in their house. He then meets Morty, a strange man and inventor that gives him a one-of-a-kind universal remote control, that cannot be returned. Michael finds out that the remote is literally universal: it controls the universe, and interprets his wishes,altering time and reality, as well as he can ''forward'' things he doesn't want to wait and ''pause'' others. Michael starts using the remote in his way, and discovers that he boss waits forever to give him a promotion, while making him spend more and more time with work each time. The time passes very quick, and the remote is automatically programmed (by his usage of it) to skip or fast-forward many important things of Michael's life. When he sees the thing is out of control, he tries to destroy the remote, but it doesn't work.

''Click '' is a mix of comedy and drama, but if I needed to choose a category, it would be drama for sure. The funny parts are only in the beginning and the rest of the movie it's actually sad. It's the first movie with Adam Sandler that I think is worthwhile to watch, since it is the first movie I watch with him that is not full of silly jokes. ( I think comedy actors should make more drama movies - it's impressive how many of them actually are good and beyond the silly cheap movies. Like Jim Carrey, who was great in ''Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind''). The movie is a life lesson for itself, since it shows a man who faces the consequences of always putting his family behind his work duties, a thing that happens a lot in our modern society. It's very sad to see how Michael's anxiety for promotion, made him be so away from his family and a cold man, as well as his family giving up on him.

As I read in the message board, this movie has many things in common to ''It's a Wonderful Life'', a movie that I would definitely recommend to everybody to watch before or after ''Click''.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A dreadful film.
Jandora19 January 2007
This film was not funny in the slightest. It was crude, I refuse to believe that anybody encourages their dogs to behave so. It was a mishmash of styles. There was sentimentality, crudity and complete illogicality.

There was unbelievability - who could believe the fondness shown to the father by the children at the wedding after his treatment of their mother, the son and the grandfather? It was awful.

It seemed that the only reason that the main protagonist was accepted at the wedding of his son was that he had paid for it.

The childish, and disgusting scenes, the farting into someone's face, the pulling down of trousers are jokes that my sons might have laughed at when they were aged about four or five. Well, the lowering of trousers part. I don't think anyone younger or older, than fourteen finds farting terribly comical. (Sorry, sensible fourteen-year-old people).

The replacement husband was a cipher. I cannot remember anything much that he said, and yet someone like Kate Beckinsale fell for him.

The angel of death was a ludicrous character in a (?) comedy.

I think I was expecting a clever, comedic, fantasy film and was given rubbish. Only amazement that this film could exist kept me watching.

Kate Beckinsale seemed to be in another film altogether, apart from her character's acceptance of the dogs' behaviour!

If the only reason for going into a bedding shop to get a television remote control was to use the word "beyond", the film failed before it started. Beyond what, exactly? And how does Bed, Bath and Beyond like the way that their salesmen are portrayed? Shown as needy and friendless, do they like that? It wasn't funny, was it?

The make-up was exceptionally good, however.

Incidentally, the website refuses to let me write in English, it insists I am misspelling words and makes me write in American. I have just noticed that I am required to write in English. Very odd!
35 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
another Adam sandler movie
davidm-1418 March 2008
i guess it was time for Adam sandler to try a heart-warming family comedy. i really didn't want to see this, because i end up hating almost anything Adam sandler does. he always seems to be doing the "waterboy" voice, even when he isn't trying to. i gave him some slack because i enjoyed "punch-drunk love", a movie where he actually seemed to stretch a bit as an actor and try to make you forget for a few moments that it's him on screen. well, back to the same old garbage here. he surrounds himself with an excellent supporting cast (including Christopher walken, Kate beckinsale and even Jennifer Connelly), but to no avail. it's a story about a busy family man given a "universal" remote that allows him to access all parts of his life, including fast-forwarding through the parts he doesn't like (and accessing the commentary track, done by James earl Jones). of course, it spirals out of control. It's an interesting premise. with a different actor, one more capable of pulling the audience in, it would have been spot-on. instead, with him, it came off as syrupy, trite and heavy-handed, eliciting no audience empathy at all. to me, sandler seems to have a smirking, sleepwalking quality to his performances, like we're both in on some joke. i never bought him as a father, a husband or an architect. boo!
20 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Mildly entertaining but not original
karen27429 August 2006
Too bad the movie isn't that original. Throughout the movie, I kept trying to remember where I had read a similar storyline but it kept evading me. Then, recently, my daughter picked up her R.L. Stine book called "30 Tales to Give You Goosebumps" and announced that there is a short story in it called "Click". She read it to me (I read it to her sometime ago first) and both of us were amazed at the similarities. In Stine's "Click" story there is a kid named Seth Gold whose dad (not surprisingly) brings home a universal remote that allows him to replay, fast forward, mute and slow mo' real life at his home, school and with his friends. I actually found R.L. Stine's "Click" to be more amusing than the movie, but then again, Goosebumps movies are pretty darn scary - even if they ARE supposed to be just for kids!!!
14 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Adam Sandler in "A Christmas Carol"
noizyme4 November 2006
We've seen this movie way too many times...

A fisherman catches a magic fish, let's say. Magic fish gives him all the power in the world. When it comes down to it, the magic fish's power doesn't mean anything at all because the fisherman is a lonely guy with no love around from friends or family. Or let's look at "A Christmas Carol" (a classic Christmas-time story about how it's better to give than to receive).

Then we have "Click," a glimpse of a busy working-man in America who has a strange amount of laziness when it comes to his family. He doesn't deserve anybody in his life the way he treats them, especially given his choices after he receives a magic remote control that allows his to speed his way through life or alter the way things are perceived to him (ie muting his wife's girlfriend or pausing his wife in the middle of an argument). So in the beginning you really don't care about him because his character is so selfish and lazy...as most of these movies go, he'll quickly learn the error of his ways...or will he? I really don't know what the originality in this film was. I used to love Adam Sandler in everything he released that he starred in, but what is this cheap ripoff of so many films as "Truman Show," "Bruce Almighty," "It's a Wonderful Life," and "Christmas Carol?" And "Pleasantville" comes to mind, although to put that great movie alongside this doesn't seem right...

I had to give it a 5. It had slightly funny parts (especially when Rob Schneider wasn't on-screen), a terribly overused comedic soundtrack, interested gags, Christopher Walken was in it for a second (like in "Envy")...yeah, average...
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Fast Forward if the button to aim for!
andromeda0073 April 2007
This movie presents itself as a sweet family comedy with futuristic premise. This drivel encompasses every cliché in the family comedy repertoire, the writers did not even bother to recycle the lines!

Despite Adam Sandler's best efforts to make it palatable, the overused jokes, the stereotyped characters that could have been easily replaced by cardboard cutouts, and the cheap humour do more then murder the movie, they bury it 60 feet under as well.

This movie, in my humble opinion, should be watched in the same manner the lead character views his life, with the finger firmly on the Fast Forward button. It is a shame to waste one's time on watching this, it could be better spent on shoveling manure, the end impression is the same.
20 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Just when I thought I could like an Adam Sandler film...
emswife-127 August 2007
I have tried... honest, I have tried to like Adam Sandler. Granted he was on SNL and when you think of the quality of that program lately, that's not saying much.

And I've tried to watch several of his movies including Punch Drunk Love and none of them have ever done anything for me. Now, there is one more to add to the list... Click.

Any time I get to look at Kate Beckinsale usually makes the rest of any bad movie go away. But not even her beauty could overcome the rest of this stinko.

It started with the dog humping the oversize stuffed duck... and then again... and then again. And then remark by Donna about the repairs needed to the duck. And then came the ultimate insult to my movie going sense... the "fart joke".

I don't know why anyone over 12 in the movie industry won't come to the realization that ANYONE can do "fart jokes". They are the most common form of humor because anyone can do them. And if that is the range of your comedy, whether it is "The Family Guy" writers or Adam Sandler, then you are pretty limited. I have now seen Adam Sandler urinating against a building, farting in someone's face, beating up an old man (Bob Barker) and making fun of someone with a disability (Carl Weathers). Is there no limit to how low Adam Sandler can go with his humor? Take a look at Robin Williams... at least he balances out his "potty" humor with something worthwhile every now and again like "The Fisher King" or "Awakenings" or "Midnight Sun". And Steve Martin can go for hours without one "fart joke". But not Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider or any of the lot of "new comedians". It is as old and thread worn as wearing a dress and thinking that no one since Uncle Miltie has done it.

I couldn't even watch the end of this movie. I had to turn it off. It makes my list of 10 worst movies, which is now populated by at least 4 Adam Sandler movies; "Little Nikita", "Big Daddy", "Happy Gilmore" and now "Click".

I just ain't cut out for this "new comedy" stuff. Give me a good pratfall artist or someone quick with a quip any day over someone who's idea of comedy is a fart in the face. I guess I just don't get it.
19 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Bad
lkdg327 July 2006
This movie had some humor but I feel the generic family stuff overrode it. And the generic family plot wasn't even that good or interesting. It was barely developed throughout the movie. In bits and pieces it was but throughout, no.

Adam Sandler looked sort of out of it during the movie. He brought more energy to his earlier comic roles (Billy Madison, Happy Gillmore) in the mid 90s.

Not a recommended movie.

The advertisement of this movie was also bad. It focused on the remote too much and it made the movie seem like a Rob Schneider (insert random dumb role) movie, except instead of a random dumb role it was just "look, now Adam Sandler has a remote control, see what he can do" movie. The only reason I saw this movie was because I walked out of Superman, which was even worse than this movie.
21 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
pretty good movie
nodar bokeria3 March 2016
this movie is comedy(and pretty good),drama(not often but really emotional) and fantastic(with one of the best superpower). I think everyone wants to have power like Adam has in this film,because you can do anything any'time',it is good and bad at the same time,so it makes movie better to watch.plus Adam Sandler acts quite good in comedy and in drama part too and it's one of the best hes films.this movie will make you think about that everything has good and bad side.this is great movie for all kind of people,so you can watch it with whole family.

and all this makes"click" pretty good movie.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
joelbklyn18 June 2007
Harried workaholic Michael Newman (Adam Sandler) is given a "universal" remote control, by Morty (Christopher Walken) that allows him to (1) REWIND time, (2) JUMP FORWARD in time, (3) SUSPEND time altogether. Unfortunately, the audience is given no such device that might blessedly allow it to SUSPEND its strained credulity, which screen writers Steve Koren and Mark O'Keefe tax beyond all tolerable limits.

After forty-five minutes of cloying tedium from this fatuous (worse-than-juvenile), INCREDIBLY UNFUNNY comedy -- the "plot" never thickens...only sickens -- I called it quits.

Please do NOT try to contact me with "kind" offers to disclose the ending of this soporific piece of confection. I've been soundly punished by it enough.

Joel Kovacik
13 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Horrible, Disturbing, Not Funny
evan-21720 April 2007
This is the worst movie I have ever seen. It pretends to be a comedy movie, but in reality it's the most depressing and disturbing thing I've ever seen. The whole premise is that Adam Sandler is tricked into thinking his life can be improved, and this "improvement" causes his life to shoot forward in time to when he has cancer, when his wife leaves him, and then to his death. You see him die, and it is disturbing.

The first few minutes contain some light-hearted humor, he uses a remote to mess with his life, make some stuff fun, it's nice. When he hears that his father died and he never got to see him again, you get to see him tell his dying father to leave him alone. How is that funny? How is that what good movies are made from? Steer clear of this movie.

Aside from the horrible nature of this movie, plenty of the jokes are lifted. In Bed, Bath, and Beyond, there is a crazy 'Beyond' section. That joke was taken from Family Guy. Also taken from Family Guy was using a remote to control your life, the premise of the whole movie.

I really wish I could un-see this movie.
20 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this