30 Days of Night (2007)
- Both stories center on a small town whose citizens are killed by vampires and the small group who fights back.
- 'Salem's Lot's head vampire is named Barlow. 30 Days of Night's head vampire is similarly named Marlow.
- The Stranger, the human servant of Marlow, prepares the town for the arrival of the vampires just as Straker prepared 'Salem's Lot for Barlow.
- The town burns down in the end. 'Salem's Lot by the heroes, Barrow by the villains.
- One half of a romantic couple is turned into a vampire. Susan in 'Salem's Lot and Eben in 30 Days of Night.
- Both head vampires are killed while the other remaining vampires escape.