IMDb > "Wildboyz" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Wildboyz"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Wildboyz" More at IMDbPro »

An incredible and laugh out loud, hilarious TV series

Author: OriginalMovieBuff21 from United States
26 September 2004

Wildboyz is such a funny TV series. I haven't missed one episode and Steve-O and Chris Pontius are fabulous especially Chris, he's so damn funny. Wilboyz is by far the funniest show I have ever seen, ever! There so stupid, they could get killed. I was like watching this series and all I was thinking was if they were ever going to get seriously injured or killed in one of there dangerous stunts with the animals, like when they were jumping in the ocean with the great white sharks or skating with the alligators, lol. I also love how they run naked back and forth through the lands with animals. This is an hilarious TV show and I haven't missed one episode either. I'm waiting for the 3rd season.

Hedeen's outlook: 10/10 **** A+

Not as good as "Jackass", but as close to "Jackass" as fans like myself are likely to get

Author: Christopher Smith
11 July 2005

When "Jackass" was canceled in 2002, I was quite disappointed. The show was unlike anything I had ever seen. Part of what made it so enjoyable to me was Steve-O and Chris Pontius, also known as Party Boy. Apparently others agreed since just a year after "Jackass" left the air, MTV premiered "Wildboyz", a "Jackass"-style nature show. Part "Jackass" and part Discovery Chanel, "Wildboyz" follows Steve-O and Chris Pontius as they explore various locations around the world and perform the kind of stunts that made them popular on "Jackass". Just like "Jackass", the humor is juvenile, stupid, and totally hilarious. The show is also quite educational as Steve-O and Chris Pontius tell us a little bit about the animals they encounter. Both of them prove to be great nature hosts and just as entertaining as they were on "Jackass" if not more so. Although I still miss "Jackass", "Wildboyz" is an excellent substitute for its absence. "Wildboyz" is as close to "Jackass" as fans like myself are likely to get. I give it 9/10.

accidentally good

Author: lastknown from nova scotia
27 October 2006

"Wildboyz" is accidentally good. It's a far more comprehensive "cultural exploration" than any offered up by usual travel programs – television docs enhancing typifications of a city's carnality, or the snobbish drivel you find on the Outdoor Life Network.

I'd recommend "Wildboyz" to those inquiring what life is "really like" in Thailand, Africa, or wherever. Steve-O and company may not outline any ethos entirely (who could?), but they don't construe the matter to satisfy predominate interpretations like "life outside American is always in squalor and suicidal." And to the other side: Life outside America isn't whimsical; there are no fairy tales for your keepsake.

People, everywhere, are living and breathing, sometimes smiling, sometimes crying. The wildboyz get it.

Is being immature so wrong?

Author: adamo-yeah from Canada
27 December 2005

OK, so they are a little juvenile, but whats so wrong with that. Jackass was good and so is Wildboyz. It is a different twist on the jackass humor, incorporating animals and a variety of different locations into the show. The chemistry between Chris Pontius And Steve-O is undeniable, they work well, the play well, and most of all they make a funny, interesting and all together brilliant show. I love this show and recommend it to anyone who finds the particular brand of jackass humor funny. So what if they are immature. Its still funny. Its still fresh, and it will be around longer than jackass was, of that I am sure.

Funny and charming

Author: Ed_lover from Helsinki, Finland
1 October 2004

It took me some time to warm up on Wildboyz. In the beginning the show was pretty mediocre, but it got better and better as it went along. An important reason for this is that Steve-O and Pontius seemed to become more comfortable in front of the camera, and their chemistry improved. In fact their chemistry is now one of the greatest strengths of the show.

This is a quirky and funny TV-series, and all the cute animals are a good, added bonus. It's also nice to seem some primitive cultures in the program from time to time, in fact I would like too see more of them. The interaction with the natives is often just as funny and bizarre as it is with the animals. Maybe even more so.

The show is pretty graphic at times and it's mostly low-brow humor, but if you dig that kind of thing (Like I do), then Wildboyz delivers in a big way.

Nature meets Jackass

Author: maartendc from Belgium
18 September 2006

If you look at Wildboyz and expect to see a Jackass type program, you will be disappointed, because it does not live up to those expectations. However, when you look at Wildboyz like a nature program meets jackass, then you understand what its really about, and you appreciate it for what it is.

After watching multiple episodes, I must say I'm impressed. Its not brainless, the guys really do take a more or less professional approach to the animals (with the help of wildlife experts to prevent Steve O and Chris Pontius from being eaten alive), and you can learn something about the animals while watching. At the same time, its so darn funny to hear the boys' stupid remarks, and watch them get bit and scared by these wild animals.

Also, the show is made with respect for the animals. They take responsibility for getting bit, and never hurt the animals. Thats something I can surely appreciate.

The show is almost a spin-off to the hit show "Jackass". It stars some of "Jackass's" more popular stunt men, Steve-O and Chris Pontius. GREAT SHOW!!

Author: nightlover1269 from United States
25 July 2005

The boys go to different lands, encountering exotic animals and different cultures.the show is hilarious and i highly highly recommend it. While Steve-O still puts things up his butt for animals to eat, or his butt being bitten repeatedly through out the series, while Chris remains his same personality from "Jackass" doing stunts with accents, voices, or as the opposite sex. They make education hilarious and interesting.

i absolutely love the show. Of course i began watching "Jackass" first, but since tragically it had to come to an end, the not meant to be but seem like they are spin offs of the show are just as good. The only thing the show is missing is Johnny Knoxville n he even guests stars a lot. I loved "jackass" and i love "wildboyz".

Very Funny!

Author: danielle archer from United States
19 January 2006

When Wildboyz first came on I didn't watch it because I thought it was a imitator Jackass show. When Viva La Bam came on I watched that because I loved Bam from Jackass. And now Viva La Bam is one of my favorite shows. Then my brother said if I liked Viva La Bam I would love this show. So then I watched it and I loved it.

I can not stop laughing when I watch this show. Steve-o is my favorite on the show. He is by far the funniest and I love him. The wildboyz travel all over the world and do stunts with animals or with the people from that place. They also always eat the food and throw it up. My brother said that is why they are so skinny.

So you should definitely watch this show. Viva La Bam and Wildboyz are currently my top 2 favorite shows. You will not stop laughing when you watch this show.

Started Out Strong, Then Fizzled

Author: edjofsanity from USA
10 May 2014

I loved the combination of stupidity and cultural study. It seemed as though they wanted the viewers to learn some things, or at least appreciate a foreign culture. And I did! The different cultures represented were interesting and varied. The animal interactions were often dangerous or stupid, but always compelling. That was the first 2 seasons. The last 2 seasons sunk to crude jokes and bathroom humor over any cultural relevance: mostly watchable but no longer with a point and often making fun of different cultures. Too bad.

Another TV example of a great concept put in the hands of the incompetent and unable to follow through. I'm hoping they will give this another chance with someone more professional at the helm.

Harmless fun. Atleast for the viewer.

Author: Jared Wolfhope from Indianapolis, Indiana
5 May 2004

Croc Hunter + Jackass = Great TV

My favorite thing is their fake science facts about the animals. There so rediculous it makes you laugh. Since its on MTV the music in the show is good. They are always at a new place and can probaly do the show for 10 years and still have places and animals to see. Its on Sunday nights on MTV part of the Sunday Stew. WATCH IT !!!!!!! Steve-O throws up about 2 times an episode so that might turn some people off but your ussually giggleing and it doesn't bother me and you get use to it after a while.

Like a bad rash, Wildboyz returns for another season of action and adventure. Spearheaded by its two stars of low moral caliber, Chris Pontius and Steve-O, the boys pack their G-strings and travel to exotic lands of wonder, mystery and intrigue as America's foremost ambassadors of absurd goodwill. Engaging in close cultural encounters with a diversity of dangerous wildlife and native peoples, discover once again just how far off the evolutionary mark Steve-O and Pontius may actually be.

Watch Wildboyz Sundays at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT.