IMDb > Transporter 2 (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Transporter 2

Transporter 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 35: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

I expected more out of a "Transporter" sequel

Author: Gert (gert@gertschepens.be) from Belgium
9 March 2006

Lets start of with saying I loved the first transporter movie. It was interesting, kept me watching, had some variation in it, .. It was a great movie!

And of course I expected nothing less of the sequel. It was easy, all they had to do was stick to their formula. I can only guess that someone important to the first script killed himself, thus leaving his legacy to be screwed over by some ignorant *generic insult here* responsible for writing every Hollywood action movie. (pardon my choice of words.)

Transporter 2 starts with one assignment and that one assignment is what the rest of the movie is about. Like any action hero, he becomes the underdog, tracks down his enemy and succeeds wonderfully in his attempts. Lots of car stunts (some slightly over the top.. The one with the crane really lacks credibility) and lots of fighting. The later made me realize that these days, dance oriented movies still exist. A new and updated version that is! The dances are made to appear like "Fights to the Death" but in the end, its still a dance. And usually I can live with that.. But this was again just ever so slightly over the top. The whole fire hose scene for example! A sequel wouldn't be a sequel if it didn't involve parts of the first movie. And this is a sequel! He drives .. cars .. and its the same person driving .. ... OK, this might appear a bit thin to really call it a sequel! ... So they poured in another character (more of a caricature to be honest) from the first movie & there we go :) We have a sequel. And this time.. he s in Miami!! Exciting isn't it! well, no! Its where any action movie happens these days! I was happy at the time of Transporter (one) to see an action movie set in France, inundated in French culture, that was new. But thats one of the aspects they decided to change in the sequel. Why move to Miami? It seems quite simple to me.. I'd guess to appeal to the general American public. I hope it worked! I was disappointed anyway. The story lacked the twists the first one had and the whole plot engine .. was OK, but not genius, or fresh for that matter.

In the end, I'm not saying that "The Transporter 2" is a bad movie.. Its just that I had expected A Lot more. Maybe its right to say they just "sold out"!

Hollywood does it again!! . . . and that ain't no compliment!

Author: porcupinewebb from United Kingdom
22 February 2006

The first transporter, a brilliant film. An almost unexpected hit. The plot not too far out, the action sequences not too far out and certainly believable. Hollywood sees a chance to make some money and thinks it can do better, puts up lots of money and obviously wants to call the shots. Hey presto - a sequel too far! With too much CGI work for its own good and action sequences that are like doggy doo-doo from Chine, just a little too far fetched. Statham is his usual superb self again, then I have never seen a bad performance from him to date. If you like your action sequences written and directed by Hans Christian Anderson and produced on an X Box you'll love it. Better rent the first one again than this one.

liked without profanity and violence

Author: boswalt from United States
25 January 2006

I enjoyed this movie basically for Jason Statham. I appreciated keeping his character true from the first movie. I appreciate no profanity in this movie esp from Jason's character. The violence and fighting were good for this rated movie. Glad not more expressive. I like knowing that the actors do most of the stunts themselves. The killer lady was a bit much for my liking. The relationship between Frank and the boy was good as an insight into Frank. I enjoy the unique relationship between Frank and the police man from France. I liked the police man's line when he opened the door and asked who are you and he said he was the cook. Carried over from the first movie.

Check your brain at the door and enjoy the show!

Author: Torch-6 (fencer1964@gmail.com) from Sacramento, CA
17 September 2005

OK, first and right off the bat, as in the first Transporter (2000), too much plot, not nearly enough driving. Second, too much fighting and not enough sex. Third, WAAAAAYYY too much of this "acting" stuff by the female lead and the husband guy. SAG should consider rescinding their guild cards.

You don't want to see this film for depth. You want to see the Audi W12 do its thing. You want to see the Transporter open a whole metric ton of whooop-ass on the local badguys. You want to see unlikely things happening that result in people you don't like getting hurt, and you don't want to see so much as a scratch on that Fine European Automobile. And don't miss the Ferrari, putting in a surprise guest appearance! You want "acting," rent Lawrence of Arabia, maybe Grand Canyon or Gattaca. You want the above? Get out your celly, call your homies and reach for your wallet--then sit back put your feet up on the seat in front of you and enjoy the show.

Arguably the Best of the Statham Trilogy

Author: Nexus Engel from Canada
8 August 2014

I didn't enjoy this movie the first time I'd seen it, but maybe that's because I didn't give it my full attention, because upon my second viewing, it was MUCH better than before. In fact, I might go so far as to say this is the best of the series so far. It's definitely better than the third one.

Here we have Statham playing Frank, who's now the driver for the child of a wealthy family in Miami, bringing him to and from school on weekdays. Well, he's asked to drive the kid to the doctor's office for a routine check-up, but that doesn't end well. As it turns out, a bio-terrorist-for-hire is after the boy to get to his father, Jefferson, because of his government job, and although Frank gives them one hell of a chase, they manage to take the kid and hold him for ransom. Frank's determined to get him back, and stop the terrorist plot our villain's got in store for Jefferson and the politicians he'll be seeing at the summit.

If you thought the first movie was ridiculous, this one beats it for sure. It's got ridiculousness in spades; gravity-defying car flips, more one man army fist fights, and one of the most amusingly creative ways to dispose of a bomb on the bottom of your car--while you're driving it.

Seriously, it needs to be seen to be believed.

Silly popcorn fluff from Luc Besson

Author: MaximumPayne123 from United Kingdom
21 February 2014

Transporter 2 is nothing more than a silly action movie. There are certain scenes from this movie that have to be seen to be believed, which are so outrageous that you can't take the film seriously.

Then again, that's the whole point of Transporter 2.

This movie is entertaining, action packed and incredibly well choreographed, and this film proves, that along with Taken and District 13, that French people know how to create effective and engaging action sequences. While I do think it is entertaining, I personally can only watch this film once.

When I try to watch this film again, I already know what's going to happen, and it ruins the entertainment value of this film. This is the same case for Taken, while Taken was such a great film the first time I saw it, when I saw it again I didn't really care about what happened in the film, so I can't watch it anymore.

Transporter 2 is a 5/10 for me, it's average yet enjoyable.

Transporter 2 knows it's audience, it knows who it's trying to appeal to and it successfully satisfies that audience for it's short running time of 87 minutes.

Watch this film with some buddies and enjoy watching Jason Statham driving and beating people up, and you can also enjoy Kate Nauta being half naked through most of the film.

Kate Nauta is half naked through most of the film, and carries two sub-machine guns and kills people. What more could you want? 5/10, while I don't plan on seeing it again, I recommend Transporter 2 to anyone that seems to enjoy violence and half naked women.

Original action with lots of variety

Author: phd_travel from United States
20 October 2012

This Miami based action movie is entertaining from start to finish. It's better than the first Transporter.

Liked the clever, funny, original, non gruesome, feel good action sequences. There is action in the water, cars, airplanes, via disease, you name it. No matter how outnumbered he is you know the outcome but it's fun to see how you get there.

Jason Statham is back again. Good supporting cast too including Amber Valletta and Matthew Modine as parents of the kidnapped child.

It's a bit of an Audi commercial in the first part but that's fine. Don't know why there is use of a tinted lens in a lot of the movie.

One of the better Luc Besson movies.

So over the top it makes the first film look like " singin in the rain"

Author: sean vouriot from Australia
6 July 2012

Transporter 2 is probably one of the silliest action movies I've ever seen. This is the kind of movie where your jaw will be hanging open for most of its brisk 80 minutes. Absolutely nothing in this film is even remotely possible. I know, I know the aim for this movie was not to be possible in any way whatsoever. Its goal is to entertain the audience and at that it succeeds. But even action movies have to show just a little restraint in how over the top they go, right?

The stunts involve a speedboat leap off a conveniently placed ramp onto a highway so Frank Martin(Jason Statham)can leap onto a bus and catch one of the terrorists whom he has been chasing. The terrorist is Russian of course and is named Dimitri. Why does almost every action movie have a Russsian bad guy?

Another stupid stunt comes at the end of a car chase between Frank, The terrorist leaders wife: Lola(Kate Nauta, who gives an effective performance) and the Miami police force. The chase was fun until the very end, when Frank drives all the way up a parking garage and(wait for it) crashes through the wall and flys through the air for about a hundred feet before landing on the building across the street (which is luckily under construction, so there is nobody inside) and then skidding for the length of the building until they come to a stop directly on the edge of the building.

You may ask how they would manage to drive the car off the building. Well guess what? Somehow, in methods the movie doesen't make quite clear, Frank manages to get each side of the car onto each side of a building and drive over an alley. A drunk guy looks up and sees the car pass over him. He then looks at his beer and grimaces, thinking he is hallucinating. I thought I was hallucinating too. That had to be one of the strangest stunts I've ever seen. I guarantee you the makers of this film were probably a little more than a bit tipsy when they dreamed this stunt up. Look, I could go on and on explaining the implausibilities. Some of it is even too stupid for Bond, and thats saying something(The CGI is also pretty bad in this movie, which dosen't help it's cause.)

Although on the plus side the acting isn't too bad and the film has a fast, exhilarating pace. Compared to the original though, this is yet another sequel that tried to do too much and just got too stupid. The original had its share of action but it didn't get too out of control.

I don't mind a good dumb action movie with impossible stunts. But when I see something as out of control as Transporter 2, I hang my mouth open in disbelief. Seriously what were these filmmakers thinking??? Do they really think that audiences are that stupid? Obviously they do.

Did I have fun watching Transporter 2? Yes. Could I get my head around all the implausibilities? No.

5 out of 10 because I had a fun 80 minutes

" That driver can sure drive a car! Yes, among other things. "

Author: thinker1691 from USA
15 April 2012

Reprising his role in the original movie, 'The Transporter' (Jason Statham) returns as Frank Martin in "Transporter II." In this action pact trill ride, the exciting action begins and ends with Martin giving a hands on display of both his driving skills, which are magical as well as his martial arts abilities, which are incredible. The gist of the story center's around the Transporter being hired to drive a 6 year old boy (Hunter Clary) to school and back. Things become alarming when the boy is Kidnapped by an International organization led by Gianni Chellini (Alessandro Gassman) who claims he did it for a large ransom. Although he has a hidden motive, the claim is really a cover for another purpose. With the help of his friend Inspector Tarconi (Francois Berleand) Martain must use his Special Forces training not only to defeat the kidnappers, but also to save the boy without harming him. From beginning to end this is one wild ride of both physical action, intrigue and high flying adventure. The cast which includes Kate Nauta, Matthew Modine and Keith David as Stappleton, give a most impressive performance. This series of the Transporter will eventually include a III addition and one only hope it's as exciting as this one. In any case, this will eventually become a Classic. ****

Treat it like a cartoon and you'll be fine

Author: Some Dude
13 November 2011

The trick with movies like this is to realize that they are just cartoons done with real actors. Don't take them any more seriously than you would a Looney Toon and they can be quite enjoyable.

"Frank" is the Energizer Bunny -- he just keeps going and going and nothing will stop him. He's also kind of like Wiley Coyote in that he hatches all kinds of ridiculous ideas, but in his case everything goes for him rather than against him.

The best (?) part of this is that there is no real plot so if you need to take a bathroom break, you really won't miss anything. The worst part is that it's not intentionally funny like a cartoon would be. There's plenty of unintentional humour from the absurd stunts, but that is sadly not enough.