IMDb > Transporter 2 (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Transporter 2

Transporter 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 10 of 34: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

Check your brain at the door and enjoy the show!

Author: Torch-6 (fencer1964@gmail.com) from Sacramento, CA
17 September 2005

OK, first and right off the bat, as in the first Transporter (2000), too much plot, not nearly enough driving. Second, too much fighting and not enough sex. Third, WAAAAAYYY too much of this "acting" stuff by the female lead and the husband guy. SAG should consider rescinding their guild cards.

You don't want to see this film for depth. You want to see the Audi W12 do its thing. You want to see the Transporter open a whole metric ton of whooop-ass on the local badguys. You want to see unlikely things happening that result in people you don't like getting hurt, and you don't want to see so much as a scratch on that Fine European Automobile. And don't miss the Ferrari, putting in a surprise guest appearance! You want "acting," rent Lawrence of Arabia, maybe Grand Canyon or Gattaca. You want the above? Get out your celly, call your homies and reach for your wallet--then sit back put your feet up on the seat in front of you and enjoy the show.

Arguably the Best of the Statham Trilogy

Author: Nexus Engel from Canada
8 August 2014

I didn't enjoy this movie the first time I'd seen it, but maybe that's because I didn't give it my full attention, because upon my second viewing, it was MUCH better than before. In fact, I might go so far as to say this is the best of the series so far. It's definitely better than the third one.

Here we have Statham playing Frank, who's now the driver for the child of a wealthy family in Miami, bringing him to and from school on weekdays. Well, he's asked to drive the kid to the doctor's office for a routine check-up, but that doesn't end well. As it turns out, a bio-terrorist-for-hire is after the boy to get to his father, Jefferson, because of his government job, and although Frank gives them one hell of a chase, they manage to take the kid and hold him for ransom. Frank's determined to get him back, and stop the terrorist plot our villain's got in store for Jefferson and the politicians he'll be seeing at the summit.

If you thought the first movie was ridiculous, this one beats it for sure. It's got ridiculousness in spades; gravity-defying car flips, more one man army fist fights, and one of the most amusingly creative ways to dispose of a bomb on the bottom of your car--while you're driving it.

Seriously, it needs to be seen to be believed.

Silly popcorn fluff from Luc Besson

Author: MaximumPayne123 from United Kingdom
21 February 2014

Transporter 2 is nothing more than a silly action movie. There are certain scenes from this movie that have to be seen to be believed, which are so outrageous that you can't take the film seriously.

Then again, that's the whole point of Transporter 2.

This movie is entertaining, action packed and incredibly well choreographed, and this film proves, that along with Taken and District 13, that French people know how to create effective and engaging action sequences. While I do think it is entertaining, I personally can only watch this film once.

When I try to watch this film again, I already know what's going to happen, and it ruins the entertainment value of this film. This is the same case for Taken, while Taken was such a great film the first time I saw it, when I saw it again I didn't really care about what happened in the film, so I can't watch it anymore.

Transporter 2 is a 5/10 for me, it's average yet enjoyable.

Transporter 2 knows it's audience, it knows who it's trying to appeal to and it successfully satisfies that audience for it's short running time of 87 minutes.

Watch this film with some buddies and enjoy watching Jason Statham driving and beating people up, and you can also enjoy Kate Nauta being half naked through most of the film.

Kate Nauta is half naked through most of the film, and carries two sub-machine guns and kills people. What more could you want? 5/10, while I don't plan on seeing it again, I recommend Transporter 2 to anyone that seems to enjoy violence and half naked women.

Original action with lots of variety

Author: phd_travel from United States
20 October 2012

This Miami based action movie is entertaining from start to finish. It's better than the first Transporter.

Liked the clever, funny, original, non gruesome, feel good action sequences. There is action in the water, cars, airplanes, via disease, you name it. No matter how outnumbered he is you know the outcome but it's fun to see how you get there.

Jason Statham is back again. Good supporting cast too including Amber Valletta and Matthew Modine as parents of the kidnapped child.

It's a bit of an Audi commercial in the first part but that's fine. Don't know why there is use of a tinted lens in a lot of the movie.

One of the better Luc Besson movies.

So over the top it makes the first film look like " singin in the rain"

Author: sean vouriot from Australia
6 July 2012

Transporter 2 is probably one of the silliest action movies I've ever seen. This is the kind of movie where your jaw will be hanging open for most of its brisk 80 minutes. Absolutely nothing in this film is even remotely possible. I know, I know the aim for this movie was not to be possible in any way whatsoever. Its goal is to entertain the audience and at that it succeeds. But even action movies have to show just a little restraint in how over the top they go, right?

The stunts involve a speedboat leap off a conveniently placed ramp onto a highway so Frank Martin(Jason Statham)can leap onto a bus and catch one of the terrorists whom he has been chasing. The terrorist is Russian of course and is named Dimitri. Why does almost every action movie have a Russsian bad guy?

Another stupid stunt comes at the end of a car chase between Frank, The terrorist leaders wife: Lola(Kate Nauta, who gives an effective performance) and the Miami police force. The chase was fun until the very end, when Frank drives all the way up a parking garage and(wait for it) crashes through the wall and flys through the air for about a hundred feet before landing on the building across the street (which is luckily under construction, so there is nobody inside) and then skidding for the length of the building until they come to a stop directly on the edge of the building.

You may ask how they would manage to drive the car off the building. Well guess what? Somehow, in methods the movie doesen't make quite clear, Frank manages to get each side of the car onto each side of a building and drive over an alley. A drunk guy looks up and sees the car pass over him. He then looks at his beer and grimaces, thinking he is hallucinating. I thought I was hallucinating too. That had to be one of the strangest stunts I've ever seen. I guarantee you the makers of this film were probably a little more than a bit tipsy when they dreamed this stunt up. Look, I could go on and on explaining the implausibilities. Some of it is even too stupid for Bond, and thats saying something(The CGI is also pretty bad in this movie, which dosen't help it's cause.)

Although on the plus side the acting isn't too bad and the film has a fast, exhilarating pace. Compared to the original though, this is yet another sequel that tried to do too much and just got too stupid. The original had its share of action but it didn't get too out of control.

I don't mind a good dumb action movie with impossible stunts. But when I see something as out of control as Transporter 2, I hang my mouth open in disbelief. Seriously what were these filmmakers thinking??? Do they really think that audiences are that stupid? Obviously they do.

Did I have fun watching Transporter 2? Yes. Could I get my head around all the implausibilities? No.

5 out of 10 because I had a fun 80 minutes

" That driver can sure drive a car! Yes, among other things. "

Author: thinker1691 from USA
15 April 2012

Reprising his role in the original movie, 'The Transporter' (Jason Statham) returns as Frank Martin in "Transporter II." In this action pact trill ride, the exciting action begins and ends with Martin giving a hands on display of both his driving skills, which are magical as well as his martial arts abilities, which are incredible. The gist of the story center's around the Transporter being hired to drive a 6 year old boy (Hunter Clary) to school and back. Things become alarming when the boy is Kidnapped by an International organization led by Gianni Chellini (Alessandro Gassman) who claims he did it for a large ransom. Although he has a hidden motive, the claim is really a cover for another purpose. With the help of his friend Inspector Tarconi (Francois Berleand) Martain must use his Special Forces training not only to defeat the kidnappers, but also to save the boy without harming him. From beginning to end this is one wild ride of both physical action, intrigue and high flying adventure. The cast which includes Kate Nauta, Matthew Modine and Keith David as Stappleton, give a most impressive performance. This series of the Transporter will eventually include a III addition and one only hope it's as exciting as this one. In any case, this will eventually become a Classic. ****

Treat it like a cartoon and you'll be fine

Author: Some Dude
13 November 2011

The trick with movies like this is to realize that they are just cartoons done with real actors. Don't take them any more seriously than you would a Looney Toon and they can be quite enjoyable.

"Frank" is the Energizer Bunny -- he just keeps going and going and nothing will stop him. He's also kind of like Wiley Coyote in that he hatches all kinds of ridiculous ideas, but in his case everything goes for him rather than against him.

The best (?) part of this is that there is no real plot so if you need to take a bathroom break, you really won't miss anything. The worst part is that it's not intentionally funny like a cartoon would be. There's plenty of unintentional humour from the absurd stunts, but that is sadly not enough.

Action or Farce

Author: sonobor from USA
29 August 2011

Well produced and lots of action. However, you must suspend believe to the extreme. Nearly all of the movie is so outrageous you may wonder, "Is this an action movie or a farce? Transporter or Spy Hard?"

I found the movie more cartoon-ish than a James Bond flick. There's a scene where Jason Statham flips his car in the air, scrapes a bomb off the bottom of the vehicle with an industrial crane then lands upright. Amazing precision. Yes it's that silly.

To be fair, Amber Valletta's performance is quite good. Also I'm impressed that Statham never smirks no matter how silly the action. The production values and fight scenes are top notch. Not realistic but top notch.

A better sequel. This is good trashy fun.

Author: jamiemarks-1 from United Kingdom
7 August 2010

I didn't like the first Transporter but my dad who loves the films propelled me to give the sequel a go and as it turns out this was enjoyable tosh and actually good trashy fun. Yes the script and dialogue is still cheesy with little character or plot development but the action is even more enjoyable than the first with some terrific stunts, nice scenery and great soundtrack music.

What propelled me to give this a higher rating was the acting, which is much better. Jason Statham has improved vastly since the first one and has more emotion in his voice. Francois Berleand who returns as Inspector Tarconi provides the comic element and is much more entertaining in this as he has more to do. But the revelation is Amber Valletta who played the mother Audrey Billings. Her acting was terrific (which is surprising for a film like this). You feel the love and worry she has for her son when he is kidnapped. She has been under-rated in this and deserves more praise. She gives the movie more heart and emotion. All in all I enjoyed this more than the first as the acting has improved and dare I say this had heart.

A lot like the original.

Author: Paul Andrews (poolandrews@hotmail.com) from UK
2 May 2010

Transporter 2 is set in Miami where transporter Frank Martin (Jason Statham) is now living after the incidents of the original film, he has been acting as a chauffeur to Audrey (Amber Valletta) & Jefferson Billings (Matthew Modine) young son Jack (Hunter Clary). While taking Jack to the doctors for some jabs gangsters try to inject Jack with a deadly virus but Frank manages to prevent this, however the gangsters lead by Italian criminal Gianni Chellini (Alessandro Gassman) kidnap Jack for which the authorities blame Frank. On the run from the police Frank is determined to get Jack back but when Jack is returned seemingly unharmed Jack has to convince somebody that he is in great danger as is everyone else from the deadly virus but no-one will believe him & Frank has to go it alone to stop Chellini & prevent thousands of innocent people being killed by the deadly virus...

This French American co-production was directed by Louis Leterrier & has the same sort of tone as the original The Transporter (2002) which no bad thing to be fair, while not a huge improvement on the original Transporter 2 is certainly up there & I would say just as good. Unfortunately while Transporter 2 shares all the positives of the original like the cool action scenes, likable character's, a quick pace (Transporter 2 runs a mere 16 seconds less than The Transporter which may or may not have been deliberate) & an enjoyable sense of fun & adventure it also shares many of the original's flaws with a weak script full of holes & moments that are just plain silly like when Frank spots a bomb under his car he drives off a ramp, does a mid air spin during which the hook of a crane snags the bomb & removes it from the underside of his car before it blows up while Frank just lands the car perfectly & zooms off, also if your going to make a deadly virus & release it why make such a small amount of antidote? Surely if the virus is as contagious as is said it would have the potential to wipe out thousands if not millions across the globe including those who were responsible for it? How did Frank get into the plane at the end? Anyway, once again like the original if you can forgive the sloppy writing & plotting Transporter 2 is a lot of fun, there's a bit more plot here with the relationship between Frank, Jack & Audrey while Jefferson as a politician is the center of a complicated assassination attempt using a deadly virus, I suppose Transporter 2 tries for some darker thriller elements amongst the high octane action. Frank is back with his rules & again those are mentioned constantly, the French policeman is back in a pointless cameo role even though it's nice to have him back although the entire film is shifted from France in Europe to Miami in America.

Again the action scenes are where Transporter 2 shines but they do stretch credibility at times & are often very silly, there's a bit more variety to them this time & they are on an even bigger scale from exploding buildings to car chases to a silly bit where a car jumps from a car park to an unfinished office building (how did they get back to the ground?) to a cool if silly scene in which Frank chases a bus on a jet-ski, the climax is great as Frank & Chellini fight it out on an out of control plane as it does barrel-rolls & some really great balletic fight scenes which go for energy & spectacle rather than brutality as once again Frank uses whatever he can to beat the bad guy's including a fire hose. The film looks great once again, nice sunny bright locations, some really sexy fast cars, guy's in sharp suits & Lola the female assassin who doesn't dress in much & wields twin laser sighted sub machine-guns. The whole film has a clean, bright, colourful & sharp look about it. I suppose Transporter 2 is pure spectacle, apart from the dazzling action scenes & bright colourful look the plot is a mess & not that much is going on. I did like it though, hell I'm easily pleased I guess.

With a supposed budget of about $32,000,000 this was made because of strong DVD sales of the original apparently, filmed in Miami in Florida. The production values are good & you get plenty of action for your money although the CGI computer effects are poor at times & I mean really poor. The original had little CGI while this one has a fair bit like Frank falling out of a window ten storeys high or a car jumping from building to building or the out of control plane at the end & none of it particularly impresses. The acting is alright, again Jason Statham proves to be a likable hero.

Transporter 2 basically shares both the positives & negatives of the original & is pretty much more of the same although this one is maybe a little bit too silly at times for it's own good. Great action & a really nice colourful look to the film help disguise the plot holes & lack of a story, overall I enjoyed it for what it was. Followed by Transporter 3 (2008).