IMDb > Transporter 2 (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Transporter 2

Transporter 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 9 of 34: [Prev][4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [Next]

Just fun enough to see (if your forgiving).

Author: Logic404 from Alberta, Canada
11 June 2006

I know this film has a lot of impossible stunts and actions but still I found it endearing enough to see it through.

I liked the first one (gave it a 7) and this is more of the same only more unbelievable and crazy.

I think for the inevitable Part 3 they should tone it back down closer to the first one's energy and make it less like a cartoon.

Overall with all that is wrong with this film I still managed to enjoy it. I can easily see why people don't like this film but I think you have to be in a certain frame of mind or have some tolerance to enjoy this.

The first film is worth a buy but this is worth seeing once for sure. Only buy if you must have every movie in a series and you already own the first one.

nice and entertaining but also too silly

Author: antoniotierno from Italy
21 March 2006

It has some gripping and watchable moments but for the most part it's nothing but an commercial car; action scenes are well paced and lean, nevertheless some sequences are so ridiculous (for example of the disarming of the bomb under the car) that the film cannot even be rated as a B-movie one. Too many things are terrifically impossible and dumb, besides several fight scenes and the AUDI A-8 chases are really unbelievable, although Jason Statham's allure is undeniably intense. The plot reminds "Man on Fire" but it lacks its energetic formula and its narrative skills. Amber Valletta and Alessandro Gassmass certainly below the expectations.

I wasted my money on this movie.

Author: Ole-Henrik Jakobsen from Norway
12 March 2006

This movie contains a lot of cool action, but doors made of wood is not bullet proof. The point is; If you like typical Hollywood action this may be you're kind a movie, but when I watched this movie I thought: "Damn! This movie is silly!" I often enjoy action movies, but it must be well done. The CGI effects done for the air plane scene, looks like it's been done with some Microsoft product.

The humor they're trying to use or say, fail every time or has been done before. I don't say an action movie must contain humor, but when it does, it's also must be good.

I haven't watched the first movie, but the story in this one.... I could write it on one page.

Anyway, I will see this movie as a commercial for Audi, Panasonic and Nokia, and it's clearly true :p

I expected more out of a "Transporter" sequel

Author: Gert (gert@gertschepens.be) from Belgium
9 March 2006

Lets start of with saying I loved the first transporter movie. It was interesting, kept me watching, had some variation in it, .. It was a great movie!

And of course I expected nothing less of the sequel. It was easy, all they had to do was stick to their formula. I can only guess that someone important to the first script killed himself, thus leaving his legacy to be screwed over by some ignorant *generic insult here* responsible for writing every Hollywood action movie. (pardon my choice of words.)

Transporter 2 starts with one assignment and that one assignment is what the rest of the movie is about. Like any action hero, he becomes the underdog, tracks down his enemy and succeeds wonderfully in his attempts. Lots of car stunts (some slightly over the top.. The one with the crane really lacks credibility) and lots of fighting. The later made me realize that these days, dance oriented movies still exist. A new and updated version that is! The dances are made to appear like "Fights to the Death" but in the end, its still a dance. And usually I can live with that.. But this was again just ever so slightly over the top. The whole fire hose scene for example! A sequel wouldn't be a sequel if it didn't involve parts of the first movie. And this is a sequel! He drives .. cars .. and its the same person driving .. ... OK, this might appear a bit thin to really call it a sequel! ... So they poured in another character (more of a caricature to be honest) from the first movie & there we go :) We have a sequel. And this time.. he s in Miami!! Exciting isn't it! well, no! Its where any action movie happens these days! I was happy at the time of Transporter (one) to see an action movie set in France, inundated in French culture, that was new. But thats one of the aspects they decided to change in the sequel. Why move to Miami? It seems quite simple to me.. I'd guess to appeal to the general American public. I hope it worked! I was disappointed anyway. The story lacked the twists the first one had and the whole plot engine .. was OK, but not genius, or fresh for that matter.

In the end, I'm not saying that "The Transporter 2" is a bad movie.. Its just that I had expected A Lot more. Maybe its right to say they just "sold out"!

Hollywood does it again!! . . . and that ain't no compliment!

Author: porcupinewebb from United Kingdom
22 February 2006

The first transporter, a brilliant film. An almost unexpected hit. The plot not too far out, the action sequences not too far out and certainly believable. Hollywood sees a chance to make some money and thinks it can do better, puts up lots of money and obviously wants to call the shots. Hey presto - a sequel too far! With too much CGI work for its own good and action sequences that are like doggy doo-doo from Chine, just a little too far fetched. Statham is his usual superb self again, then I have never seen a bad performance from him to date. If you like your action sequences written and directed by Hans Christian Anderson and produced on an X Box you'll love it. Better rent the first one again than this one.

liked without profanity and violence

Author: boswalt from United States
25 January 2006

I enjoyed this movie basically for Jason Statham. I appreciated keeping his character true from the first movie. I appreciate no profanity in this movie esp from Jason's character. The violence and fighting were good for this rated movie. Glad not more expressive. I like knowing that the actors do most of the stunts themselves. The killer lady was a bit much for my liking. The relationship between Frank and the boy was good as an insight into Frank. I enjoy the unique relationship between Frank and the police man from France. I liked the police man's line when he opened the door and asked who are you and he said he was the cook. Carried over from the first movie.

Check your brain at the door and enjoy the show!

Author: Torch-6 (fencer1964@gmail.com) from Sacramento, CA
17 September 2005

OK, first and right off the bat, as in the first Transporter (2000), too much plot, not nearly enough driving. Second, too much fighting and not enough sex. Third, WAAAAAYYY too much of this "acting" stuff by the female lead and the husband guy. SAG should consider rescinding their guild cards.

You don't want to see this film for depth. You want to see the Audi W12 do its thing. You want to see the Transporter open a whole metric ton of whooop-ass on the local badguys. You want to see unlikely things happening that result in people you don't like getting hurt, and you don't want to see so much as a scratch on that Fine European Automobile. And don't miss the Ferrari, putting in a surprise guest appearance! You want "acting," rent Lawrence of Arabia, maybe Grand Canyon or Gattaca. You want the above? Get out your celly, call your homies and reach for your wallet--then sit back put your feet up on the seat in front of you and enjoy the show.

Arguably the Best of the Statham Trilogy

Author: Nexus Engel from Canada
8 August 2014

I didn't enjoy this movie the first time I'd seen it, but maybe that's because I didn't give it my full attention, because upon my second viewing, it was MUCH better than before. In fact, I might go so far as to say this is the best of the series so far. It's definitely better than the third one.

Here we have Statham playing Frank, who's now the driver for the child of a wealthy family in Miami, bringing him to and from school on weekdays. Well, he's asked to drive the kid to the doctor's office for a routine check-up, but that doesn't end well. As it turns out, a bio-terrorist-for-hire is after the boy to get to his father, Jefferson, because of his government job, and although Frank gives them one hell of a chase, they manage to take the kid and hold him for ransom. Frank's determined to get him back, and stop the terrorist plot our villain's got in store for Jefferson and the politicians he'll be seeing at the summit.

If you thought the first movie was ridiculous, this one beats it for sure. It's got ridiculousness in spades; gravity-defying car flips, more one man army fist fights, and one of the most amusingly creative ways to dispose of a bomb on the bottom of your car--while you're driving it.

Seriously, it needs to be seen to be believed.

Silly popcorn fluff from Luc Besson

Author: MaximumPayne123 from United Kingdom
21 February 2014

Transporter 2 is nothing more than a silly action movie. There are certain scenes from this movie that have to be seen to be believed, which are so outrageous that you can't take the film seriously.

Then again, that's the whole point of Transporter 2.

This movie is entertaining, action packed and incredibly well choreographed, and this film proves, that along with Taken and District 13, that French people know how to create effective and engaging action sequences. While I do think it is entertaining, I personally can only watch this film once.

When I try to watch this film again, I already know what's going to happen, and it ruins the entertainment value of this film. This is the same case for Taken, while Taken was such a great film the first time I saw it, when I saw it again I didn't really care about what happened in the film, so I can't watch it anymore.

Transporter 2 is a 5/10 for me, it's average yet enjoyable.

Transporter 2 knows it's audience, it knows who it's trying to appeal to and it successfully satisfies that audience for it's short running time of 87 minutes.

Watch this film with some buddies and enjoy watching Jason Statham driving and beating people up, and you can also enjoy Kate Nauta being half naked through most of the film.

Kate Nauta is half naked through most of the film, and carries two sub-machine guns and kills people. What more could you want? 5/10, while I don't plan on seeing it again, I recommend Transporter 2 to anyone that seems to enjoy violence and half naked women.

Original action with lots of variety

Author: phd_travel from United States
20 October 2012

This Miami based action movie is entertaining from start to finish. It's better than the first Transporter.

Liked the clever, funny, original, non gruesome, feel good action sequences. There is action in the water, cars, airplanes, via disease, you name it. No matter how outnumbered he is you know the outcome but it's fun to see how you get there.

Jason Statham is back again. Good supporting cast too including Amber Valletta and Matthew Modine as parents of the kidnapped child.

It's a bit of an Audi commercial in the first part but that's fine. Don't know why there is use of a tinted lens in a lot of the movie.

One of the better Luc Besson movies.