IMDb > Transporter 2 (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Transporter 2

Transporter 2 More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 34: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [Next]

Stupid Overdone Action - but still a Guilty Pleasure

Author: zickbert from Munich
28 July 2005

I saw the movie at a pre-screening in Munich - people were cheering a lot but mostly at the (tremendously overdone) action parts.

Less driving, more fighting and lots of matrix-like action - not as good as the first one (it got those bullet air ripples). Although some characters are quite … likable - they are rather poor crafted stereotypes.

I don't want to spoil anything here so I just say that the story clearly plays second fiddle to the action- lots of things are left unexplained or not shown at best. The movie is really fast paced and fast cut so are the fighting sequences pretty similar to "Kiss of the Dragon" for example. The martial arts and action in general is really good but some of it is so far flung from reality that even the action enthusiast sitting next to me suspiciously raised an eyebrow especially at the end - sometimes it felt more like a superhero movie than like an action movie from France.

If you are going to see the movie leave your brain at home and you will have an entertaining time - if you are not prepared to do that stay home together with you brain.

Driven to tears...

Author: Benjamin Wolfe from USA
16 July 2009

In time, many a studio attempts to capture the 'magic' of the Original. From the sexy little beast girl, that was long and lean that took out the doctor and even with the hallway shoot-em'-up and the exploding tank that sends her to the floor, with incinerator power scorching almost everything in that front office way, yet with her doctor's coat burned by her neck and head, she and her platinum blond locks, unscathed! On top of this, with the police baring down on her in the street as she has lost sight of the 'transporter' she has enough silence after the police give her a command to drop her weapons, she takes a call on her headset and takes an order, hangs up then proceeds to, in one sweeping motion drop the empty clips, not just one but both and re-load then turn with two non verbal police officers, apparently they didn't have anything else to say to a half naked woman in the street, that has fired at least 150 rounds. She is holding two automatic weapons that could cut them in half and they have had tactical training, from the academy...but she is simply too much for them and in a second guns down two officers standing with the squad car doors as Shields. Talk about escape from reality. There seem to me to be too many things that would not work out ...unless your 007. Maybe this is just a poor attempt at making a professional driver Bond film. Who knows? In addition, it has a look similar to an episode of C.S.I: Miami, which I am a fan, but it has definitely departed from the first film and it's feel. And the situation with the marina, and the goofball he's chasing? What in the heck was that?? Too much unguarded stuff, to be a place that I can jump into and simply believe. and of course the phone call at the end, while he is sitting in his Audi to summon yet another adventure.

The first in 2002, was an escape surely, but this was that now, pushing the envelope way too much for me.

I would recommend if you are looking for a real Hollywood action flick, to check this feature out...if not well. Sometimes a sequel just is not the answer. (**)

This film is worse than absolute garbage

Author: Arctic_fox from Turku, FINLAND
20 May 2006

I thought that Transporter 1 was the worst film and had the most unbelievable plot I have ever seen. I was wrong: Transporter 2 is even worse! It seems that directors and screenwriters do not give any credit to the IMDb, since they clearly have not read at all what users have written about the first film. People that had comments about the first film had lucidly told what was wrong with the first film. Here are some of my comments from the first film: "Irrational action from the start. The plot was really illogical. What's the fun of watching a film where you think that the good guy must be a god, because he can perform actions what humans are not possibly able to do. Therefore, you (the viewer) think that there is absolutely nothing that can happen to the hero and there is no point watching the film, since you already know what's going to happen. Such stunts are logical when a robot from the future or someone in the matrix does them but humans aren't supposed to be able to do such actions. I think though that the actor, Jason Statham has talents and I hope he will be seen in more classy films in the future." Well the second film had absolutely the same faults that the first film had. Luc Besson clearly has not been reading IMDb. Since the second film (if possible) was even worse garbage than the first one. We have seen Jason Statham in at least one classy film after the Transporter in "The Italian Job". But why on earth did Jason become involved with the same stupid project Transporter once again. Hasn't even he learned anything?

Whyyy?

Author: dimitri_mba from United States
12 May 2006

Greetings, Why did they have to produce such a disappointing sequel? Can someone please tell me? In Transporter 1, although the plot was not for Oscar, the scenes with the BMW Series 5 were awesome, the actor was supercool, France was nice and ...why deny it, that movie was most about the car and the chases.

Just before I sit and watch Transporter 2, I was willing to forgive any problematic plot, but I wanted to see a lot of c a r a c t i o n, with the hot A8. That's why I paid, that was the 1st movie had promised me.... And what did I watch in total? Merely 5 mins of action, and actually the driver was threatened the whole time by that blond skeleton.

So not much car action, and that totally disappointed me. But what about the rest of the movie? I was amazed (negatively) by the following: 1. The fight on the plane. The plane was going out of control spinning with probably 400 miles per hour and the two guys were fighting on their feet! Even when the plane crashed in the ocean, no problem for the guys . . .So unrealistic, even Superman would have a dizziness from all this, but not these actors . . .

2. The scene with taking the bomb off the Audi... So fake . . .shall I say more? 3. The green poison. So if u get injected with it, whoever breaths next to you dies? My god, what a poor imagination..

Again I repeat, I was willing to forgive all this for an overdose of extreme car stunts. This didn't happen in this sequel.

not nearly as good as the first one

Author: j from United States
21 February 2006

okay action movie, nothing like the first one. i loved the first transporter, i thought the driving scenes/fight scenes were amazing, and there was just enough of a plot to keep the action moving. the reason i rated this movie so low is because it completely strays from the James bond style action and is even embarrassing at times (the cooking part, the part where the homeless person sees the car driving across the rooftop, the taxi driver w/ Porsche etc... corny). while the first movie was pure action this movie added some annoying elements that didn't fit in the genre. also the guns shot effects were poorly done and the fight scene directing was annoyingly chopped up. good part- the black Lamborghini's murcielago was really cool, i wish they had used this car more. the first one much better/worth buying, this one felt like a big let down.

I wish I had one of those!

Author: RVBUILDER from St. Louis, MO
19 February 2006

This movie had great action if you are willing to suspend disbelief for the duration. The real star of the movie is Frank Martin's Audi. This miraculous ride gets sprayed with bullets, crashes into other cars, flies through the air, and swerves all over streets, sidewalks, and the beach. And all without getting so much as a speck of dust on its glossy black finish! I need one of those to get me through rush hour traffic! While we're at it, can I have one of those magic Hollywood cell phones with batteries that allow 2,365 hours of talk time on one charge?

Frank himself displays choreographed Jackie Chan-like fight scenes, but without the whimsical humor.

I will say again that it's not a BAD movie, unless you're looking for a coherent plot and a marginal modicum of believability.

Highly Disappointed...

Author: zbam-1 from United States
24 January 2006

I started this movie with great excitement; only it turned into disappointment about a quarter way into the movie.

You quickly learn that Frank has coded in God_Mode and No_Clipping in this movie along with Wings and Invisibility.

Lola is cute, but she is awfully skinny.

I love her voice.

She has corny lines and a terrible last scene.

Way too many sound effects.

On a good note, cool driving scenes.

Also, I prefer BMW over Audi.

Not that anyone cares. The End.

Rapid-Fire Silliness Knows Its Audience Very Well...Very, Very Well

Author: Ed Uyeshima from San Francisco, CA, USA
18 January 2006

I am the first to admit that I am not the target viewer for this film, as it serves up crash-and-burn car chases, blood-splattering shootouts, cartoonish "Kill Bill"-inspired martial arts fight scenes and a stoic, vigilante hero. None of the contrived premise of this 2005 action thriller is original, but the rapid-fire and thoroughly preposterous execution should satisfy fans of the genre. It all focuses on unflappable Frank Martin working temporarily as the chauffeur for the son of a rising US government drug czar. Of course, the kid is the target of a kidnapping by a nasty drug lord and his gang of thugs, including a bloodless supermodel killer who looks like pop singer Pink's bodybuilding sister. The plot kicks into high gear with a by-the-numbers "deadly virus" angle which conveniently kills anyone within breathing distance from the infected. Your eyes will be rolling throughout, especially the downed plane toward the end, though what barely saves the film is a sense of humor about Martin's anal-retentive nature and super-human dexterity.

I think the film could have benefited from more blatant comedy, but sadly director Louis Leterrier and screenwriters Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen seem to take the ridiculous plot line pretty seriously. Jason Statham returns to the title role in this sequel, and he handles the athleticism and Clint Eastwood-like speech mannerisms to the presumed requirements of the role. Alessandro Gassman is appropriately greasy as drug lord Gianni, while supermodel Amber Valletta actually has some credibility as the mother of the kidnapped boy who unsurprisingly becomes drawn to Frank. On the other hand, Kate Nauta plays the supermodel killer as if reading cue cards. Although I like François Berléand as Frank's cop friend, he feels merely like a convenient plot device, and I was disappointed to see Matthew Modine, apparently in a career downshift, playing the drug czar in such a predictable manner. There is a standard making-of featurette with the DVD, as well as a fitfully amusing blooper reel. I have to give the filmmakers credit for earning a PG-13 rating for all the implied violence they provide here.

Hollywood Has Upped The Drug Dosage

Author: patrickmmc from United States
11 January 2006

What can I say about this film that hasn't already been said not long after the film was in the theater. For me, I bought this film on DVD expecting that it wouldn't be great, but at least entertaining. My opinions prior to watching were based on the b-film opinion of the first. Though the first wasn't great either, I like Jason Statham, so I figured "what the heck." After just the first 5 minutes of the lead-in, I knew that the works hadn't improved any from the first film. Unfortunately, my opinion sank even lower when a car flew into the air, rotated, and pinpointed a dangling crane hook to remove a bomb from the bottom of the vehicle just before it exploded.

To enjoy this movie you MUST suspend all concepts of reality and plausibility. This was like watching the Road Runner and the Coyote going at it. The only thing missing was the big ACME logos. I can honestly say that I would have enjoyed Mel Blanc's work over this any day.

If the world ever wakes up to smell the crap Hollywood is shoveling out, theaters, cable and satellite companies will need to find a new means to make money.

If you crave good entertainment, stay away from this one and beware of any follow-ups.

As for Jason Statham, I feel sorry for the guy because he has terrific potential at being a good action star. Unfortunately he continues to be casted in some real duds with poor screen-plays.

My final note is this... This picture is only indicative of all films being released today. In each you will find a lot of special effects that while spectacular, are often too unbelievable without any story to support the efforts. It is truly my belief that Hollywood has upped the dosage and potency of their drugs. This is what you get when you have a lot of money to spend and no sense to direct the expenditures.

The Only Thing that Makes it Worthwhile is Jason Statham

Author: Jakealope from Albany, NY
22 September 2005

with his cool cockney attitude. You can like him and he makes the best out of a harebrained, cliché ridden infantile plot. Basically, the movie is all impossible stunts, the Matrix in Miami today. But Statham's non Bond performance is so much more watchable than wooden Keanu's Neo. Here is an example of the silly stunts that make it so ridiculous; the bad guys place a bomb under his car which he discovers by it's reflection in another car's window. So they let him drive away so they can remote detonate it. Instead of looking for some bump or obstacle to knock it off, it's only held on by magnets, he pulls this amazing corkscrew barrel roll in mid air so that the hook on a construction crane can knock it off 20' in the air. Get it now? The car, some hopped up V-12 Audi, is almost the co-star. Then throw in his culinary orientated French friend for laughs, along with a crew of demented Russian bio war creeps and some Italian Kung Fu master evil lord type, and you can guess this is not ripped from the headlines like Law and Order. Final stupid stunt, the good and bad guy fight in an out of control jet and when it crashes into the water in a dive, the shock doesn't turn them to jelly. Of course, the evil guy has to be saved by Mr Good so they can use his blood to save his little boy charge and the kid's obnoxious powerlunch parents. Basically, there is this incredibly complex plot to infect all these anti drug big wigs by infecting the kid; who'd spread it to his father then to everyone else. Since the virus is spread through coughing and they have the antidote, you'd think they could just send one of their infected guys to cough on the kid in public. But no, the geniuses have to murder the kid's doctor and nurse in a real brutal way and impersonate them so imperfectly that our cockney Bond sees right through itSaccharine!