IMDb > "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings
Page 3 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

Excellent Series.

Author: capra from Sydney, Australia.
26 December 2011

Farscape is an excellent series and I highly recommend it to all sci-fi fans. For various reasons I was not able to see the full series on TV when it was originally shown. I have recently watched series 1 to 4 and PKW on DVD and I was amazed at the first-class quality of the the series. Farscape is the best sci-fi show I have seen. The major characters were all likable, the story lines were fantastic and the FX and makeup were outstanding.

I advise any newcomers to Farscape to watch it all on DVD or Blu-Ray; you won't be disappointed. Some of us yearn to travel the universe, alas it will never be. But shows like Farscape enable us to fulfill our dreams, even if only for an hour at a time. Thank you Farscape.

A good send off.

Author: JoeB131 from United States
24 January 2010

The problem with Science Fiction series is that they are either killed off before their time (like the Original Star Trek) or they overstay their welcome until you wonder what the point was. (all the Star Trek sequel series, pretty much.)

Farscape was canceled by the Sci-Fi channel in 2003, merely proving that the people who run the Sci-Fi Channel shouldn't be allowed outside without adult supervision. Sadly, this resulted in the producers of Farscape leaving us with an unresolved cliffhanger on Season 4 that left us gasping with no promise of resolution.

Skiffy somewhat redeemed itself (sorry, I still can't forgive them for 500 CGI monster movies they've added to film history) by allowing a four hour miniseries that had our intrepid crew reunited for one more mission to tie up all the loose plot points.

Farscape is always carried by Ben Bowder as John Creighton, an American Astronaut who finds himself dealing with the insanity of the "uncharted territories" and the unique races and cultures he encounters. The supporting cast is all there, all giving it their best, even the ones who are muppets. (And sorry, some Farescape Muppets are more interesting than Star Trek people). What we get is a movie which is exciting, sad, funny and totally satisfying.

A Sci-Fi Best

Author: Melissa Mendelson from United States
12 March 2010

All he wanted was to reach for the stars, break new ground. He never dreamed of finding this place or the ones that he now calls friends. He never imagined discovering her and the love that fueled his heart, but crisis after crisis nearly tore them apart. He always thought that monsters hid in the closet or beneath the bed and never in plain sight, but there he was, the one that would never let go. And he tangoed with death, slipping through enemy hands, but he still remained their prisoner. And all he ever wanted was to reach for the stars and change the course of history, but fate had other plans. And he was sucked down into a portal to an unimagined world that has become his home, and for three years, his journey blazed across the Farscape.

Distant stars shimmered across the darkness, burning with hope. Time melted away into dreams, and the past finally let go. The season of death was over, but lives would never be forgotten. And new beginnings held to the strings of the heart, and bittersweet tears fell like gentle rain. And destiny said farewell, leaving him at his journey's end, but his legacy remains, the story of an astronaut, John Crichton. And forever would we remember a brilliant journey carried over an ocean of imagination, gripping us in suspense, and touching our hearts with passion and love. And we say good-bye to the Farscape.

No fan should be disappointed! *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Author: Pankratz from Manhattan
11 February 2005

I watched this mini about a month ago having no background or previous knowledge of the show. I simply tried to have faith in the good reviews in my local newspaper and by various fans. I wasn't blown away or especially impressed, and of course I didn't understand a lot of the references. But I did enjoy watching it. I ended up buying seasons 1-4 on DVD, and after having watched those episodes, and then watching PKWars again, I must say it's one great mini-series. It definitely was loyal to the fans in that it gave them closure. Something that can't be said for many popular sci-fi shows in the past such as X-Files, Sliders etc. The effects, costumes and make-ups were superb! The dialogue was witty, heartfelt and funny. Of course, the chemistry between Claudia Black and Ben Browder is, in my opinion, unmatched anywhere else.

*Spoilers* Of course I didn't understand why Jool acted the way she did towards Crichton, telling him that she was sure that he'd come back for her because he was in love with her, or something to that effect. The last time we saw her, she had developed feelings for D'Argo. Oh well, it was nice to see her again. I was terribly disappointed though that she barely had a role and was killed about 5 min. after seeing her again.

At first, I thought D'Argo dying was a bad idea. But then having thought about it, I thought it was appropriate. He's come full circle since the beginning of the show, having gotten his revenge against his wife's murderer, and also finding his son. Him, dying a warrior-like death, protecting his friends was an honorable death for him.

Of course, this mini was about John and Aeryn, so I'll talk about them now. Each scene between them is a moment to be treasured by any true fan. Claudia Black and Ben Browder are in my opinion one of the best pairings in TV history! In all honesty, they've had better moments throughout the show, but the scenes in the mini don't disappoint either. This mini also sort of brings Aeryn full circle too. When we first saw her she was a shoot-anything-that-moves Peacekeeper who didn't know the meaning of compassion. At the end of this mini, she was a loving wife and mother. I think Claudia is a terrific actress and she can convey so much emotion just by her facial expressions. Though it was nice to see that Aeryn is still tough as nails when she needs to be. One of my favorite scenes was when she was in labour and blasting the crap out of the bad guys and says something like "shooting makes me feel better!" Also, the scene after John shuts down the wormhole, then collapses was a poignant one. Aeryn screaming with no sound in the background was just really effective. I honestly had no idea whether John was dead or not. I mean if he had died, which I didn't want to happen, but if he had, it would still be a fitting ending. At the end of the mini, there was John, Aeryn and their baby and they were giving him a name. This scene was a little corny, but also touching.

All in all, this was a great mini-series, and all fans of this terrific show should be grateful! It's a wonderful swan song for a wonderful albeit short-lived series. Someone who has no background in the show might not care for this mini, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

The Quality of the Show was Amazing

Author: pachin
28 November 2004

Warning possible spoilers.

In watching "Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars" I was thinking that despite the excellent quality of the miniseries, it wasn't much above the great average level of the regular series. Farscape was a tremendous Sci-Fi series that was overshadowed by some of the Star Trek shows but usually surpassed them in quality.

The Peacekeeper Wars continues the saga of John Crichton, Aeryn Sun, Chiana and the rest of people on the living ship Moya as they go through their incredible adventures. When last we heard Crichton and the love of his life Aeryn Sun seemed to be destroyed by a weapon that turned them to dust. Obviously it did not.

The story tell of the war between the Hynerians and the Peacekeepers and how both sides want John Crichton because he has the knowledge to build the ultimate weapon. It seems like a typical Sci-Fi movie but Farscape is never typical. It always has twists and turns. It has always been a show driven by the characters, not just by the special effect, which are excellent I might add.

Farscape has always been a show that was tough to follow if you were not watching the previous shows but the mini-series explains the basic plot quickly. You don't have to be a fan of the show to enjoy this mini-series. Farscape was one the great television shows, not just a great Sci-Fi show. It was a fitting ending.

limited to fan service

Author: SnoopyStyle
14 February 2016

It's 60 solar days after the end of the TV series. The gang recovers the pieces of John Crichton (Ben Browder) and Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black). They get reconstituted but the baby is missing which has taken hold in Rygel. The water world is the home of the last of the Eidelon, a species with special abilities. The Peacekeepers and Scarrans are engaged in an all-out war. Scorpius senses the return of Crichton and withdraws from the battle in hopes of gaining the secret to a wormhole weapon.

This is a continuation of the TV series. This is strictly fan service. It doesn't make sense unless one has seen the whole TV show all the way to the finale. The effects are slightly better than the show which is both good and bad. There is a charm to the low budget production and the movie isn't bad enough to wow. The story is disjointed. It feels like somebody is throwing everything and every character into the pot. It's to be expected as the movie is trying to do everything for the fans.

A decent conclusion to the show with some major flaws

Author: Lyceus from Madrid, Spain
16 November 2008

I love Farscape and I'm happy they made Peacekeeper Wars so the show wouldn't end in Season 4's cliffhanger. However, I don't think the miniseries was as good as the wonderful Season 4. I guess it's just hard to tell in 3 hours what would have filled a whole new season... That's true, but there are things that still annoy me. The actors are great as usual, but a lot of good and bad things come from the writer's work.

Since I've checked the spoilers option, please make sure you don't read this unless you've already seen the miniseries or you don't care about it. This comment is full of spoilers.

First, let's start with what I liked: 1) It's a nice conclusion to John and Aeryn's storyline, which I wasn't sure we'd ever get. The fact that his son is named D'Argo is predictable but a nice detail in my opinion. The Peacekepper-Scarran conflict which was growing up since Season 2 was featured too.

2) Great script. As usual, the writers made a good job with dialogs (Aeryn telling Rygel they'll name the baby after him if they're a girl, or the fun in Noranti's carrying a weapon).

3) Jothee is back. This was a major unsolved plot and I'm glad he met D'Argo again so they stopped being enemies.

4) Jool dies. I know many people won't agree but I never really liked Jool and she's the only character besides Pilot I would haven't been bothered about their death. It was nice to have her back to get killed so quickly.

Now, what I didn't like: 1) Why did D'Argo have to die? He wasn't one of my favourite characters but he was important in the show and I liked him. And now Chiana is alone in this world! Why didn't they kill Pilot instead? This isn't a major flaw though, since it was obvious more people had to die and at least John and Aeryn survives.

2) I don't like the fact Noranti is underused. I've just found out Melissa Jaffer had a problem with makeup and she couldn't have a larger part, so I can't blame anyone on this.

3) The main flaw is how they writers wrote Sikozu's part. She was absolutely out of character! His hair was terrible but it was obviously a Scorpius influence so I'll ignore it even if I didn't recognize her at first. I can't understand why a Kalish resistance member like Sikozu would become a Scarran spy. She was so smart and loyal to the resistance! In "We're So Screwed: Part 3 (La Bomba)" she's afraid anyone would reveal anything about the resistance to the Scarran, and just two months later, she's working for the enemy. And how did the Scarrans contact her? She was in a Peacekeeper ship with Scorpius, and I'm sure he'd have noticed if she had contacted the Scarrans. She couldn't be a traitor since the beginning since she was a resistance fighter who used her powers to kill Scarrans... Still, she helped her friends to get out of the Scarran ship, so I don't know what to think about Sikozu in the miniseries. She was one of my favourite characters and they absolutely ruined her in the miniseries. I guess it's implied she dies at the end, too. Since we didn't have an actual death scene (we didn't have it for D'Argo either, but I guess he may have been too wounded), I think we can still imagine she got out of the planet. I like the Sikozu/Scorpius relationship and I don't like it ended like that. At least Braca would be happy.

In conclusion, it was good but I can't forgive the writers for what they did to Sikozu... I have never seen something like that.

An epic end

Author: Max Prodanov from Sofia, Bulgaria
25 April 2005

Watching this gave me one of the best movie experiences of my life. I sincerely hope more of you get the opportunity to see this masterpiece. It was so good that probably all my praise won't to do justice to this wonderful film. I take my hat off to anyone who has anything to do with the creation of this fantastic saga. Farscape signified a new era in Sci-fi TV, and I will always remember "Peacekeeper wars" as probably the best finish to any series.

If you still haven't had the chance to see the final chapter of Farscape, I can only say two things to you - have fun and prepare for the best!

Season 5 and beyond

Author: ClownboyGES
2 November 2004

I have been a farscape fan from day one. I love everything they have done with the show until Peacekeeper War.

Don't get me wrong answered all questions and left me feeling happy with the ending.

But i feel that they could have but a bit more in to the show and done a much better job with it.

I am curious to know if anyone knows whether they will continue with a further season or maybe more mini series.

I am an addict of the show and can't really get enough.

But as they say all good things must come to an end. Just curious to whether it will be now or later.

It was a relatively satisfying ending

Author: amukes from Michigan
25 October 2004

You know, I was really scared of how this was going to end, and I have to say that it was much more satisfying than I had anticipated.

It felt great to see the whole crew again, and they did a great job of recapping the past, and the story progressed nicely.

I thought the war scenes were a little too long, but I am admittedly more interested in the relationships than the war. Even still, it was what I needed to see, especially considering the abrupt ending that we were all left with.

All in all I really enjoyed the movie. It gave its audience the closure they needed, while also providing a nice romp through the galaxy.

Page 3 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]