At an exclusive boys' school, a new gym teacher is drawn into a feud between two older instructors, and he discovers that everything at the school is not quite as staid, tranquil and harmless as it seems.
Funny short documentary asking 'what does gay mean'? Children and young people aged 4-22 years explain how the term gay is used in every day language, identifying the meanings of fun, ... See full summary »
The killer doll is back! Glen, the orphan doll offspring of the irrepressible devilish-doll-come-to-life Chucky and his equally twisted bride Tiffany. When production starts on a movie detailing the urban legend of his parents' lethal exploits, Glen heads for Hollywood where he brings his bloodthirsty parents back from the dead. The family dynamics are far from perfect as Chucky and Tiffany go Hollywood and get rolling on a new spree of murderous mayhem; much to gentle Glen's horror. Chucky can't believe that his child doesn't want to walk in his murdering footsteps, and star-struck Tiffany can't believe that the movie will star her favorite actress, Jennifer Tilly, who soon becomes an unwitting hostess to this new family in more ways than one... Written by
The TV spots for this movie displays an unusual disclaimer: Britney Spears Does Not Appear In This Movie. This disclaimer was inserted into TV spots because Britney's management was concerned that people might be lead to believe that Britney actually appears in the movie. It is not her in the movie; but a look-alike. See more »
At the start of the movie when Glenda kills the girls parents then wets himself you can see the reflection of the camera in the puddle. See more »
[after opening up her present, observes it]
That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my whole life!
It certainly is. Who sent it?
Ooh, well, that's strange. It doesn't say. Where could it have come from?
I don't like it! It's staring at me!
Well, it's probably one of Uncle Arthur's little jokes.
Well, I don't think it's funny at all.
[Claudia throws her present into her toy box]
See more »
UK Version. At the end of the credits, you hear Tiffany say "You know, I loved that movie!", followed by a evil laugh of Tiffany. See more »
Give it up, if you didn't like Chucky before, you are absolutely going to hate Seed of Chucky. I read many negative reviews prior to watching this movie and was quite ready for a major disappointment. However, it did not happen. In my opinion, the movie is the crown of the entire series, an ode to Chucky, the star of popular culture. Look how he refuses to become human ...superb! For a lover of camp, gory flicks, horror and parody, there are so many delightful moments in the movie. However, it is not horror as such,nor any other particular genre for that matter. Chucky is not even the main star of the movie! I have already declared myself as a fan, and maybe my view is not entirely unbiased. Still, here are some things I particularly enjoyed:
1. The appearance of John Waters as an actor. Need I say more? Big +
2. Glen/Glenda who speaks with British accent, resembles David Bowie from his Ziggy Stardust phase and has sexual/personality identity issues. How cool is that? Big +
3. Very clear references, notably to Psycho, Shining, Rosemary's Baby (and some other movies by Mr. Polanski, but more in the form of allusions), and even Pinnochio. I am sure there are many more. Big +
4. Jennifer Tilly, one of the sexiest, most sensual, intelligent actresses I have ever seen. Ideal for all sorts of subversive films. Of course, she is wonderful in this one too. Mmm... Jennifer I love you. There, I have said it. Big +
5. Directing, music,setting, costumes. Yes, I liked them all... Thank you people, well done.
57 of 85 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?