IMDb > "Entourage" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Entourage"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Entourage" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Wonderfully Smart Show

Author: Micah1003 from Boise, Idaho
13 June 2005

One of the best new shows in the last few years. Entourage brings the lifestyle of the young and famous in a likable sharply written easy to take in way. The key to this show is the writing, always witty and hard hitting. The writer's don't tame it down, it makes it easy to believe these are real people and gets you connected to the cast quickly. The realism of the series and the great guest stars they get is also a wonderful treat (sara foster, Scarlett Johanson, Jaime Presley, Ali larter to name a few). Ari Gold the super-agent is rapidly becoming one the most recognizable characters on HBO series with his hilarious lines and over the top antics. WATCH THIS SHOW!

Look for this one to go the distance.

Author: ranblv (ranblv@yahoo.com) from The moon
20 July 2004

There is no doubt in my mind that the most interesting shows have came out of cable in the last two years and this one is no exception. This show revolves on the life of a movie star and his entourage that consists of 3 friends and an agent (played brilliantly by Jeremy piven) If I have to sum up this show in one sentence it would be:

Larry sanders meets sex and the city.

since it revolves around tinsel town it has endless plot possibilities, and its always interesting to see more of the back stage of the movie business especially when it feel like the real deal as the old Larry sanders show did for late night talk shows.

I Highly recommend giving this one a chance, it might turn out to be the dark horse of the season.

Cool

Author: winnr from VT
13 September 2004

With a full season now out of the way, as a whole, I am definitely impressed with what I've seen over the last 8 weeks. I like all five of the main characters and believe all the actors to have done a good job at portraying these guys. A special nod, of course, goes out to Piven for what he's done with Ari and the same for Kevin Dillon as Drama. I realize a lot of people don't buy Grenier as 'Vinny' (to quote Ari), but I think he plays him well. Same with Ferrara as Turtle. This guy may act like a loud-mouth goof ball most of the time he's in front of the camera, but I definitely see Queens coming from him. And then there's Eric, the "cynic" of the group. He may be cynical, but he's also very practical and seems to be the sole reason that things haven't fallen apart up at the mansion. He keeps them all in line and makes the decisions for Vince. A very cool character indeed.

Doug Ellin, a guy I had never heard of before this show came on, along with Larry Charles, formally of Seinfeld, both write the lights out in this one and deserve much of the credit for its ability to appeal. I will admit that during the early trailers I was bit skeptical, but am now a definite fan. Good writing equals greater success.

The best show on TV, cable anyway.

Author: Maw7391 from Cincinnati, OH
7 July 2005

This show is absolutely hilarious. The thing that makes the dialogue so great is that it is what a lot of people in the early 20's use. Whomever writes the screenplay for this show ought to win an award. So many movies and TV shows lack what I call "everyday people language". Too many TV shows and Movies have stupid one liners and overall dialogue that just isn't what "real" people say. Its refreshing to watch a show that nails it perfectly. I would pay to see an "Entourage" movie easily. Jermey Piven as "Ari" is incredible. He is exactly what I picture a Hollywood agent to be. He deserves some sort of award for his role. The only thing I hate about the whole show is that it is only a half an hour long and only on once a week. I hope this show goes on for years. The Billy Walsh character is interesting with all of his quirks and superstitions.

Good fun, with morals and plot.

Author: narnerbee from US of A
21 July 2004

This one totally struck me as to be a hell of a good choice, knowing that Jeremy Piven was to be a star in it. As I waited impatiently for weeks, I could not help but wonder if I would actually like it...and I did. I was completely won over by it! All the serious situations about career moves, and friendship dealings! What is better than that. These rather pleasant men have the usual lust for women, and power, but also know that they have each other as well, and so far, that is all they need. I am not one to watch much of the TV shows HBO puts out, but this one has definitely gotten my attention, and thus so, I shall watch more of it. I am proud to say that there is now an HBO show I can watch and enjoy. Kevin Dillon and Jeremy Piven shine above the rest at certain moments with their wit and sarcasm. The two actors have terrific timing, so does the rest of the cast. All in all, this one has a true fan in me, and I hope others too.

Quick, light, and fun as hell!

Author: Martina_Helene from United States
3 August 2005

Once again HBO bangs out another great TV series. This time a comedy revolving around up and coming heart throb of the moment Vincent CHase and his close group of friends and his "trusty" agent, aka, his Entourage. The writing is one of the best things about this show-it's amazingly funny and true to life, this TV show is universal for so many people, even if it is in an uncommon setting. The acting is getting close to being on par with the other amazing HBO shows (ehm...The Sapranos) and has gotten better as the two seasons have progressed. I would have to say (along with many others) that Jeremy Piven gives the best performance out of the cast as the rich, funny, and kinda frightening agent. I really am in love with this show. I watched one or two episodes of the first season and a few snippets of the other season one episodes and I loved it. I then started watching the second season and loved it even more! I got the first season on DVD and watched all of the episodes, and it really gave me all the background I needed to fully understand some of the inside jokes in season 2! I would definitely suggest watching the 1st season and getting the DVD set, and if you haven't started watching the show yet-DO IT on Sundays at 10 PM on the one the only HBO!

Glamorous show - most importantly it's intelligent and good-hearted fun

Author: whoTheFuqRyou from NYC
19 July 2004

I know that the show has only started however I must comment on this show. It's realistically innovative as it takes four friends from N.Y., one who happens to be an actor w/ the other three along for the ride. It really gives an insight as to what actors nowadays go through as far as roles taken and career moves - not to mention a reaction off of a bad review from a critic. With that said all of the characters are likable but so far it's Kevin Connolly and Dillon who are standing out so far, the other two play their parts respectively well and I'm hoping this show does well as I'm already treating it with the same respect as I'd treat The Wire and The Sopranos...

Entourage is a lot of fun for the one episode I've seen, I plan to watch more of it as well...

Ride of a Lifetime

Author: Shapster11
30 March 2006

Entourage follows the great HBO series tradition of sharp cutting edge comedy and, as other HBO shows have been, addictive. The first season was a trial balloon for this very hip, and hip hop, version of life in the fast lane. It succeeded better than HBO envisioned. The second season was a full 15 episodes and now fans are eagerly awaiting Season 3 in June.

The storyline is not new, just well conceived in this fast paced and energetic venue. Vincent Chase, played very well by Adrian Grenier, is the "IT" new actor in Hollywood. Surrounded by his "entourage" including his brother Johnny "Drama" Chase(played by Kevin Dillon), the erstwhile Turtle (played by Jerry Ferrara), and Eric "E" (played by Kevin Connolly. Like most modern day posse's these boys serve specific roles in their support of their guy. Vince is, after all, the meal ticket and these guys know it to varying degrees. "E" has assumed the role of Vince's Manager since he is quick witted, knows people, and has Vince's undying trust. As a former manager of a Sbarro's Restaurant in Queens, NY he has all the qualifications, at least for Vince! Yet "E" is intuitive and handles himself well among the sharks in LA. "Drama" preceded Vince to Hollywood having starred in the 90's TV show Viking Quest. But Johnnie's career never took off and hit the skids a while back but with Vince's help he'll get the chance to show his stuff as a bit player in all of Vince's projects. He also serves as the family cook. Turtle is the ultimate hanger-on. His role is that of "gopher" or a man servant who does all the menial chores around the house. However, toward the end of the second season Turtle begins to spread his wings and shows he may have some real street smarts as well.

Keeping this vehicle moving in the right direction is Ari Gold, Vince's agent, played brilliantly by Jeremy Piven. Ari is a fast talking, on top of the game and industry action agent who has finally found his actor that can catapult him to the top of the agent game. He resents "E" because they have diametrically opposite backgrounds in as much as Ari has an MBA and J.D. from Harvard and has paid his dues while "E" was born in the right neighborhood near Vince. But Ari learns that he can't steamroll "E" as Vince ultimately trusts his best friend more than anyone in the world.

Other characters of note are Shauna, played by Debi Mazur. Shauna is, like Ari, very sarcastic and witty and clearly has a vision as Vince's publicist as to what and how she wishes Vince to be shown in the public. A myriad of Hollywood A,B, and C list people show their faces in cameo's as they interact with Vince and the guys. Romance, ego, opportunity, greed, and family love all play out in the fastest paced half hour ride you'll have in a long time.

HBO is now replaying Season 1 and then Season 2 before premiering the third season and if you have not yet experienced this show you owe it to yourself. See if you don't get hooked by it as well................a quick hint as to one of the hooks that got me...in the first episode the guys are wondering if they're gonna go back to Queen's for their High School reunion. They decide to do so and at the end of the show we see them getting ready to depart for the airport. We see Turtle wearing a Bayside High School letterman jacket and Vince is wearing a hooded sweatshirt with BAYSIDE written across the front. That is where I went to High School so my connection was set.

excellent show

Author: bengjoni2002 from United States
27 January 2005

this show is the real deal and i enjoy very much. so i don't know what all you other people are talking about. its not cliché.. its a straight up entertaining well written show! so enjoy. stop hating..everyone cast in the show are good actors and new yorkers!! so that counts for something too. everyone i knew liked that show and thought it was one of the funniest shows. Ari's character was hysterical and non stop humor. Vince chase was laid back and cool. turtle was a little fat pimp who was funnier than anybody. Matt Dillon's little brother is so funny. The whole story and concept of the show seems very realistic to me and very enjoyable.

Awesome show! Fantastic!

Author: Jvebe from United States
23 August 2005

Once in a while cable TV comes up with something that is worth watching all together. And it's not very often either. Most of them some people will like, some will dislike. Entourage is in a completely different league. Everyone should like Entourage, because it's realistic, humorous as hell, writing is flawless. And when I say flawless I mean Tarantino flawless. Women watched Sex and the City more then men, men watched Sopranos more then Women, but Entourage is for everyone. OK, all the main characters are male, but who cares everyone should dig this show, male or female. Some said it's the male version of sex and the city, that's completely false as well. I'm not gonna go into detail but I've seen a few episodes of Sex and the City and this is nothing like it.

Look for this one to go far, I mean like at least 5 seasons far. And if you are not into it yet, start now. You won't regret it.

Page 1 of 14:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]