IMDb > "Drawn Together" (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Drawn Together"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Drawn Together" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Clone High all over again

Author: Joey Deats from United States
28 March 2013

I finally saw some episodes of Drawn Together. I love it! Remember Clone High? Well this show mirrors it. Replicating characters from other media, like Clone High replicated big names in real life. The amount of vulgarity is amazing. I thought South Park, and Brickleberry had pushed it to that limit, but Drawn Together has more vulgarity than both of those shows.

To put it simply, f*ckin' hilarious!

Why'd Comedy Central cancel it, to keep it from emerging. There were shows like Clone High, King of the Hill, Futurama (before it was thankfully revived), Unsupervised, Stroker and Hoop, Frisky Dingo, Arrested Development, My Name is Earl, Mission Hill, and Family Guy (before it was thankfully revived) that got cut down in their prime. Drawn Together was one of those.

Completely Funny

Author: Rusty Shanks from Canada
23 October 2006

This is a show that will make you laugh and feel guilty for doing so. Therein is the reason behind laughing to it in the first place. It holds borderline sexual and partly racist jokes. So I must caution you now if you're expecting a clean cartoon. People keep saying you can be funny and not use anything negative in your jokes but to the people who understand that sometimes you need those outrageous jokes to laugh harder will enjoy this completely. And remember because you are watching it does not entail you will be corrupted by it at all.

I've given it a 8 for a pure comedy experience with little message to water it down but I can't mark it higher due to the nature of the comedy.

Best show!

Author: eag5017 from United States
25 March 2007

Drawn Together is such a great show! Every week my friends and I get together to watch it. We cannot stop laughing every time it is on.

The show is so entertaining and is always full of surprises--you never know what will happen next.

The jokes are funny, clever, and witty.

The animation is especially great. The show is not only great to hear the jokes and humor, but also to watch the great animation.

Drawn Together is definitely one of the best shows on TV today. I look forward to the new episodes coming out and hope there will many new ones to come.

All my friends at school and work love the show!!

A million times times better than South Park

Author: Stompgal_87 from United Kingdom
10 January 2007

This cartoon may be as rude and adult-friendly as South Park, but this is much better. Drawn Together is a parody of Big Brother and various cartoons such as Josie and the Pussycats, Ren and Stimpy,Spongebob SquarePants and Pokemon. There may be less house restrictions than Big Brother but there are more cameras than a typical Big Brother house.

My favourite episodes are Super Nanny, Requiem For A Reality Show, The Spelling Applebees, Foxxy Vs the Board of Education, The Other Cousin, The One Wherein There Is a Big Twist parts 1 and 2 and Clara's Dirty Little Secret. Princess Clara, Toot Braunstein, Ling-Ling and Foxxy Love are particularly well-designed because they look very much like their inspirations (Disney Princesses, Betty Boop, Pikachu and Valerie Brown). The best guest characters are the Peanuts gang, Super Nanny, Strawberry Sweetcake and Clara's mentally retarded cousin Bleh.

What I like about this show is the humour and references to other cartoons. What I dislike is the racial discrimination (such as Clara calling Foxxy Blacky Boo and Godzilla calling ling-ling a Twinkie) and the crudeness (for example, Spanky playing a dirty prank on the pizza delivery guy). This is a great cartoon for the over 17s but be warned: this is one cartoon that's definitely not for little kids. 8/10.

Drawn Together is such an outstanding and greatest animated show since South Park has aired.

Author: www-cartmanawsome-1 from United States
23 May 2007

I remember when I first watch Drawn Together, I thought it was going to be another boring Comedy Central show and it was not terrible or boring it was so humorous and got an amazing animated style. Ever since South Park has its season eleven, I hope that Drawn Together return to their season three and possibly renewal for a season four.

Why Comedy Central has to canceling this show always? That makes me disappointed that this show has to go away, another animated may take Drawn Together place, and I do not wanted to see that happen. I mean Drawn Together got like the highest rating on Comedy Central, except for South Park of course.

I love South Park and Drawn Together in my heart!

The Best Thing Going on Comedy Central Yet!

Author: QTFan1121 from AK
27 October 2004

SPOILERS HEREIN

I finished watching the premiere of "Drawn Together" less than two hours ago and I just finished laughing my a$$ off! I thought that it was a great satire of The Big Brother and Real World reality television genre, as it had all of the elements:

1. The unconscious racist who's never met a black person (Princess Clara)

2. The quick to tick off black person who's never met a racist (Foxxy Love)

3. The hardcore misogynist (Captain Hero)

4. The closet homosexual (Xandir)

5. The sociopath (Ling Ling)

6. The fat girl who thinks she's hot sh!t (Toot)

7. The loud, fat, obnoxious ass (Spanky Ham)

8. And, of course, the freak who's just too weird for words (Woldoor Sockbat)

I loved the conflict between Foxxy and Clara and how it finally resolved (at least for this episode) with them making out after a second fight (after Clara unwittingly starts auctioning off Foxxy)!

I also loved the part where Ling Ling tries to get Clara to say her name (Ling Lings) three times, but then she leaves after only saying twice. Then Toot comes in and starts shouting at Ling Ling, finally saying her name for the third time! I thought that that was the best scene in the series SO FAR, as I thought that Toot was truly the most annoying (and freaky) character on that show, so I was happy when I saw her get ripped to shreds!

Anyway, I'm planning on watching the next episode and all the ones following it, as it might not be around for long. This is considering the fact that it is a bit too offensive, even for Comedy Central standards! But I personally hope they just stick it out to the end, cause it'll be cool to see how everything turns out in the end. But that's just my opinion.

An Excellent comedy with exaggerated characters

Author: sebasfacha from Argentina
15 June 2012

Drawn Together is a cartoon that parodies horrible reality shows such as Big Brother, and introduces characters with exaggerated traits to make fun of the stereotypes these portray.

I should clarify that Drawn Together isn't using stereotypes as the humor, but is rather exaggerating those stereotypes and making fun of them, it's a show that knows stereotypes are ridiculous and it tries to exaggerate them to get the biggest laugh out of them, no one should take this show seriously because it isn't trying to be.

The characters are all, like I said, exaggerated stereotypes, you got an Asian (Ling Ling), a homosexual (Xandir), a Christian (Clara), a "slut" (Foxxy), a prankster (Spanky), a fat chick (Toot), a not-so-good superhero (Captain Hero) and... Wooldoor. These characters work very well together, it's like watching an actual reality show, except here it's funny. You can't identify with any of them because they are not people you'd want to be, but it's easy to pick a favorite character because they are all pretty different despite them being stereotypes (personal favorite is Toot). They are all very conflictive (for the most part) and they don't really get along with each other, but that is the core appeal of this show, watching all of these stereotypes interact and having a good laugh at the outcome.

The animation is great, it's well drawn, but it's selling point to me is that most of the main characters are drawn in a different style, usually a style that fits what the character portrays (Clara's Disney princess style, Captain Hero's buff superhero style, Ling Ling's Pokemon-like style), this is a nice touch in my opinion.

The humor of the show is probably it's most controversial point, I personally love it. It's not smart humor by any means, it's just watching exaggerated characters doing exaggerated things. It's a very care-free show, it doesn't stick to one formula and instead it just does whatever it wants, and I love it.

Do people not understand?

Author: Mafesto from Sweden
13 May 2012

Every episode kills me laughing. I adore every single characters unique, colorful and immeasurably disturbed personality and the voice acting is incredible enough to actually make me find myself thinking of the voices as belonging to the characters themselves and not the actors.

I have no idea why this show doesn't have a way, way higher rating but I'll be sure to share this show with everyone I know can appreciate cruel and creative humor.

For you who's thinking about watching this show: there's bound to be at least two characters you'll find yourself loving, don't pass up that chance!

Its for "mature" audiences for a Reason, but good

Author: jbozz4154 from United States
15 October 2009

I'm 18 now, but 2 years ago is a lot of time to learn about sex, racism, fart jokes, and rape jokes (not to be taken lightly). As I got older, my knowledge of these topics grew. Now that I'm an adult, Drawn Together is much funnier than when I watched it 2 years ago. Most of the jokes are quite vulgar, which is why its for mature audience. Nowadays, I enjoy and appreciate the huge amount of sex jokes (my favorite), along with Captain Hero's tendency to-umm, lets just say he's almost the anti-version of Superman with the strength, ability to fly, X-ray vision. In one or two episodes, he uses a gun instead of brute strength. I know, stupid huh.

In every episode somebody is brutally damaged or most of the time dead for comical purposes. It also explains why I said that it was vulgar. This show is not for the faint of heart, as you'll mostly be covering your eyes in disgust or shock. It reminds me of Bruno, only the viewer is the victim. All of the roommates in Drawn Together are spoofs of TV shows like Spongebob, Pokemon, Betty Boop, Superman, etc.

Overall, this show is pretty good, but I recommend you wait till your more knowledgeable or at the age of 18.

i like the show

Author: killem al from Romania
8 October 2006

i really like this show, because it has that Simpson/family guy freshness in idea and concept. it's just as funny as the above mentioned shows(of which I am am a pretty big fan)

the show is about a few cartoon characters(eg: captain hero) that are put together in a house, and set free to all possible vices and real life events. it reminds me of south park(that i kinda hate..) in the way that it gives you cartoon characters on a human level, with good and bad. it has that "like the time i.." humor from family guy which gives it a certain edge over already existing cartoon shows. i'm sorry for comparing it to others, but I think that this is unavoidable nowadays, and it will help you have an idea. you should watch it. it's a funny show.

Page 3 of 7: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]