Glory Road (2006)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
|MPAA||Rated PG for racial issues including violence and epithets, and momentary language|
Sex & Nudity
- As Mary sits on the bed, facing away from the camera (in a somewhat dimly lit bedroom), she pulls a robe up over her (meaning we either saw her bare back or her in a near flesh colored slip).
Violence & Gore
- The white and black players (on the same team) get into an impromptu and racially divided "basketball" game in the cafeteria (using makeshift "balls" and "hoops"), ending with two players pushing each other until Ross separates them.
- When the team go to a dinner one of the black players goes to the toliet and he is jumped by 3 white people who puch him a few times and put his head down a toilet quite intense for a family film.
- At least 2 asses and 2 hells. The racial slur known as the "N-Word" is used several times.
- Hoonkey and cracker are used as racial slurs for white people
- Use of the term BS
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Bobby Joe thinks he'd be the "token negro" on Coach Haskins' team. When Coach Haskins says that wouldn't be the case, Bobby Joe asks "What are you smoking?" but Coach Haskins says he isn't smoking anything.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Scoops appears to be having a heart attack on the court (not during a game), but we later hear that he has an enlarged heart that causes the coach to bench him for his safety.