Family Guy Presents Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story
Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Watch it for what it is... one liners with a with a sub plot.

Author: meyster7 from United States
28 September 2005

I have no idea why an enormous bunch of Family Guy lovers are disappointed with this movie. The movie is just like the show. It's a bunch of one liners with the plot taking backseat to these amazingly written one liners.

Many people in the boards are saying don't put a 10 down because no movie deserves a 10. It's not about comparing it to the Godfather like some people have written, its about the value of how you view the movie in your opinion.

Why buy it? Why watch it? because you want to laugh at what Family Guy does best... roll toilet humor and super highbrow into a small plot that doesn't matter in the end.

This movie is laced with extremely funny references, and lowbrow and highbrow humor. If your looking for more of a story line, watch the simpsons, if your looking complete insanity, watch South Park.

Great Movie!!!

Author: thechosen-3 from United States
21 August 2005

The entire first half of the movie is the family guy you love. Fart Jokes, Random Flashbacks, and how horses are bad people. With Character appearances such as the Greased Up Deaf guy, Randy Newman, Evil Monkey, and others, why else would you not want to see it?

However, the second half is where it truly gets into Stewie's story, no spoilers here, but you'll notice towards the end that a lot of loose ends are left...loose. Also, the ending (At least when it says "The End") is slightly lackluster. But I only noticed this on my second time through.

Other than that, this movie is beautifully done and features probably the most loved character from all the shows...The Greased Up Deaf Guy.

In conclusion, one of the funniest movies out there, but plan on sharing it among friends, because you might not be watching it more than once.

Thanks Seth Macfarlane for this freakin' awesome movie!

PS: I was disappointed that Meg's sex scene was cut out. It was so tastefully done!

Family guy movie is as not a let down

Author: abbynrml-1 from Mayland
1 September 2005

I am a fan of the series, although I would not consider myself a huge fan. I was lucky enough to see this movie before it came out and was not disappointed. Yes, there is fouler language than usual, but it made the movie that much funnier. The use of the F word was sprinkled throughout but it was always used in the right places and only for comedic value, not just to have it in there. There are some classic quotes that will enter the English language regularly I'm sure. They referenced some movies such as Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark, etc. I have to admit my favorite was the scene from Ferris Bueller's day off. The movie continued to include most of the characters from the series, even the minute ones that only show themselves here and there. The story was complete, and interesting and honestly kept you laughing the whole time. There was enough story to keep you interested and it was not choppy. It really ran smoothly and didn't make you wonder why something was happening. It truly ran like a longer episode. This is a must not miss for anyone who watches the series and thinks that it is amusing!

The Perfect Family Guy Movie

Author: Alfboy_Returns_Again_2 from Canada
2 September 2005

I just finished watching Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story and it was amazing. It is the perfect Family Guy movie.

The plot revolves around Stewie trying to find his father after a near death experience. The movie is filled with lots of f words that they couldn't say on TV and trust me they take advantage of that. It has many flashbacks and cut scenes which are very hilarious. They have spoofs and cut scenes on everything from Superman to Ferris Bueller's Day Off to the very offensive but funny diabetes jokes. The movie is filled with many cameos as well including Koolaid Man, Evil Monkey and Big Fat Paulie is mentioned.

If you are a true Family Guy fan you will love this movie and watch it over and over again. Seth Mcfarlene is a true genius and this movie showcases his great work. I recommend it to everyone but there is a lot of swearing and offensive comments so if you like that you will like the movie. Buy it Rent but make sure you take time to watch this it won't let you down.

hilarious

Author: aether424 from United States
8 September 2005

I recently saw this and I must confess it was awesome. There is heavy Stewie content, and Lois is funnier than I have ever seen; the intro. alone had me on the floor. The funniest episodes ever of family guy have been based on interactions between Brian and Stewie, which MacFarlane delivers. The movie is comparable to a few episodes of the show strung together, but will be enjoyed whether you're a fan or not. To top it off, the "cameos" of well known characters adds an ambiance that Family Guy aficionados will love (much like the first episode of the 2005 season). Although I'm a long time fan of the show, I am usually very pessimistic. However, the only criticism I can conjure up is that I wanted more when the movie ended.

Finally, an animated movie that doesn't suck.

Author: coldstick from United States
19 October 2005

If you're a fan of the show, you should know exactly what to expect here: rapid-fire gags. As usual, some of it falls flat--but the bits that work are funny enough to make this 80-something minute of a "movie" worth watching. There isn't much of a story, nor should there be. Just joke after joke. I was hoping that since it was straight to video and unrated, it would be more tasteless and raunchy, but alas, since this was originally made for TV, you won't find anything incredibly risqué. Oh yeah, and the moron DVD designers have the EDITED version set as the default (!!). Why they would even include a censored version, let alone set it as the default, is beyond me; but make sure you click on "languages" and choose "uncut" the first time you watch. I didn't, and after I figured it out, I was pretty p***ed off.

Basically just a longer episode of Family Guy.

Author: Aaron1375
23 January 2006

That, however, is not a bad thing...to many times in these situations the people who make the show may try to do something completely different and it really isn't as good as the show, but here it is. Though really, it is only three unaired episodes of the show with a movie premier scene to bookend them. The first two of these episodes are really funny, with the second stint being my favorite, I just about died at the spider man joke and the thundercats one. The third act is funny, but not quite up to the first two. The main point of the storyline is Stewie as the three episodes sort of have the same theme to them and it looks like it was sort of a three parter with two and three being more of the loop than the first one. Stewie has a near death experience, not only that he has seen a man that looks just like him on the television and he is convinced that it is his real father rather than Peter and this sends him and Brian on a trip to San Francisco. Once there a startling (well not startling by this show's standards) is made. Very funny overall, if you like the show you should enjoy this. My main complaint is that it is supposedly uncensored...well if that is the case why is the curse words beeped out?

Absolutely hilarious!

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
3 October 2005

Released straight to video, "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story!" is a barrel of laughs! Any Family Guy fan will enjoy this movie. Even though I'm not the biggest fan, I enjoy the Stewie jokes and bless one of my friends, he was kind enough to buy this for my belated birthday present. I just couldn't stop laughing, this was just so funny. I was a little surprised though, since it was released straight to video, they bleeped some of the swear words. But it's still a lot of fun to watch and the parodies are great. I would highly recommend this if you are a fan of Family Guy or at least like the jokes.

I Dunno...

Author: red_talon47 from Australia
31 August 2006

Let me start by saying that i am a HUGE Family Guy fan. I love it. Watch it everyday.But... I Was rather disappointed with "Stewie Griffin:The Untold Story".I was really expecting a riot; a stitchfest - not what i got... I went out and bought it the day it came out on DVD, I got home and put it on right away but it didn't impress me like i thought it would. It lacked the charm that the TV show has, it just is not the same, I liked it but about half-way through i wanted to start channel surfing you know, got a bit tedious. It had some very funny jokes and it made me chuckle a few times but it didn't have me in stitches like the show does. In summary - It was okay - 6/10 stars.

Could have been funnier but has some great laughs and plenty of good ones

Author: bob the moo from United Kingdom
11 December 2006

Having seen hell, Stewie decides to be nice but it is not long before the façade crumbles and instead he decides to spend his days drunk. Brian attempts to teach him a lesson but only succeeds in losing Peter his "normal guy complaining about trivial issues" job on the local cable station. Meanwhile Lois bemoans her lack of privacy and tries to get their kids into the opposite sex to get them out of the house more often. Distracted, they don't spot that Stewie and Brian have joined Quagmire's Cross "Cuntry" trip in a quest to find Stewie's real father.

As a fan of the series I tuned in to the film hoping for it to be the quality of the series. After a slow start I twigged that this was really three episodes woven together with some supporting material which, as someone who enjoys the series shouldn't have been a problem. All the best bits of the series are there in the target-audience film and cultural reference (the two Star Wars ones were my favourite) as well as imaginative crudity. I laughed out loud several times even though the actual plot was consistently pretty weak across the whole film. This is a valid criticism because of the length of the film.

With the episodes the asides ("like the time I") come thick and fast and easily cover the plot to the point where nobody watches for the stories, just the laughs. However with the film the hits are spread a bit thinner and as a result it does occasionally feel a bit baggy (giggly) and I remember sometimes waiting for the next laugh. So I agree with those fans that thought this was not as good as the series, not because I'm a precious fanboy with unrealistic expectations and a rose-tinted memory but because it didn't entertain me as much as I would have liked.

That said I'm glad I watched it and it did enough for me as I imagine it will do for those who enjoy the series. Viewers will rightly feel that it could have been funnier or more consistent but with a handful of great moments and a scattering of good ones it is still worth a look.

Page 1 of 13:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]