IMDb > Evil Aliens (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Evil Aliens

Evil Aliens More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

You will never see a film like this again

Author: jo-171
19 May 2005

About thirty seconds into the film you'll find yourself with your jaw dropped somewhere down to around about your knees as it opens with a sequence so hideously disgusting you can't quite believe you are really seeing what you are seeing. Comparisons will doubtless be made between this film and Shaun of the Dead and also Peter Jackson's Brain Dead / Bad Taste neither really took things to such a painfully funny - quite beyond belief - level that this film does. Whilst the film will always be remembered (rightfully so) for the combine harvester scene - which is truly hilarious - it is so much more than an individual collection of gross out sketches - it is a wonderfully silly but engrossing yarn that doesn't let you go from the very first moment to the last, with visual effects - both prosthetic and CGI that quite literally first rate. Watch it – be amazed – be offended – be thankful that the British film industry has some balls in it yet…

Funny as £@(&!

Author: druquzdog from United States
1 March 2006

Go into this expecting a low-budget hammy stomp through the horror/sci-fi field and you won't be disappointed. Some have raised objection to the comparisons with Jacksons early work, but I can't think of anything closer in spirit with which to compare. Stylisticaly different, but with the same sense of adventure and desire to make a damn fine piece of entertainment. Evil Aliens has also been compared unfavourably to Shaun of the Dead. In this case, they are very different films. Given a choice of which to watch again, I'd have to choose Evil Aliens. I laughed more, it takes itself less seriously and it's more unique. Not that the material is original, but the execution is done with such vision and belief that the directors enthusiasm becomes contagious. Some won't like it, because at points it comes off as totally b-movie cheap. Others will see this as a plus-point. I've not seen a better horror comedy in many years! Thought there is a lot of blood thrown around and some fine effects at times, it's really not about the gore. It's the humour of the script, not the production values that shine through. That aside, there's some damn fine direction in evidence that shines mainly by being inventive but unobtrusive. Not for movie snobs, but for people who know the beauty of energetic clever trash cinema.

Super-multi-reference alien horror spectacular

Author: poikkeus from San Francisco
7 June 2005

Jake West (Razor Blade Smile) certainly knows his horror films, and EVIL ALIENS is a hilarious blender-mix of all your favorite science fiction and horror film motifs -- which easily stands on its own.

Without ruining the surprise, EVIL ALIENS tells the story of a group of disreputable news unit who sets out to cover a bizarre story of alien abduction on an isolated island off the coast of Wales. When they get there, the wild action really begins in earnest; there ARE aliens, and they're not the "space brothers" their on-board UFOlogist would want to believe. Let's just say that this film gives a new dimension to the anal probe, and moves from there.

Horror and science film junkies will have their hands full trying to keep track of all the clever film references, which include ALIENS, EVIL DEAD, THE WATCHMAN, PREDATOR, PHANTASM, JAWS, and uncountable other flicks you've wasted your youth watching. Not unlike REANIMATOR, EVIL ALIENS' great strength is its willingness to take all its ideas to their absolute extreme. And of course, it's a monstrously fun audience movie -- which won a standing ovation at its sold-out San Francisco premiere.

EVIL ALIENS is bloody good fun.

Hilarious genre masterpiece!

Author: PhrankC from United Kingdom
27 August 2006

The title gives it all away, really. They're aliens. They're evil. With this in mind, should you really expect high art? Go into this with the right frame of mind and you'll thoroughly enjoy it. If you've seen Jake West's previous feature Razor Blade Smile, you'll enjoy this, although Evil Aliens is miles ahead in production value and acting.

I'm not going to discuss the plot beyond this: Aliens are abducting Welsh sheep farmers and performing exactly the sort of experiments you'd expect. Enter the gorgeous Emily Booth as the presenter of a dodgy satellite TV show on alien abductions. Add some inbred farmers, fantastically sadistic aliens, surprisingly good gore effects and a lot of laughs and you have Evil Aliens. A perfect after the pub movie, and a shot in the arm if you're sick of the oh-so-serious po-faced horror movies of today.

In a nutshell - Peter Jackson's successor is here - Evil Aliens has everything which made Braindead (DeadAlive) fantastic and more.

Gore Mongral Movie Review: Evil Aliens

Author: ChiefGoreMongral from Knoxville Cannibal Pygmy Reservation
28 August 2006

This is it the movie that a lot of people have been hyping as the second coming of the splatter comedy genre and Id have to say that for the most part they are right!! Evil Aliens is a Splatterfest of a good time for those that are down with movies like "Bad Taste" and "Dead Alive". I feel that of all the splatter horror movies "Bad Taste" best describes what this movie is close to. So if you liked that you kind of know what you are getting into.

Anyway back to the review. Aliens have come down and "apparently" made a back hills girl pregnant. A Weekly World News style TV series has gotten wind of this and with its host (played by the delicious Emily Booth) and some other film crew and paranormal types as well as a few ham actors to spice up there performance, set out to film the girl and reenact the incident. What they do not plan on however is the Aliens returning back to cause more havoc.

Other than the intro (which gives us a truly interesting take on an anal probing) the movie may not appear to get more gory than its first sequences after the first 30 to 40 minutes in. However once it gets past its lull this movie kicks out the gore in buckets. The effects are handled very well and, for the most part, the eyesore of the movie industry,CGI, has been handled a lot better than in most major movie release..sad really as this was made with a fraction of what they have to work with!! The only parts that really didn't work well for me was the flying alien probe machines that were CGI..they just looked to computerized and didn't look right in the truck chasing sequence in the film but at least it was tolerable.

On the gore scale this movie is up there and it does take it's shots at famous horror and sci-fi movie quotes pretty deliberately and the humor is not as forced as my previous review "Cemetery Gates" however saying that, some of the humor went over my head as apparently unless your from England you may not get it. Did it detract from the movie, slightly, as I felt like the guy who just didn't get the punchline on several occasions and some of the humor in certain scenes were just not funny (one part in particular involved a UFO fanatic and his own homemade crop circle sign) However when I got it, and the humor made since, there were some funny parts and lets not forget the universal language of laughs "Splatstick" which had me laughing my sick little head at the screen on more than one occasion.

In conclusion will this movie make you forget about Jackson's Unholy Trinity of Bad Taste, Dead Alive and Meet the Feebles, No, but what it is is an example of one of the better Splatstick films you can get your hands on. There is only a few that I would rate as worthy splatter flick and this is one of them. So for my final score I give Evil Aliens a: 7/10: Good film only other Splatstick films that worked better for me are the Jackson movies and Evil Dead 2, and its dead on with Permutos. I have been hoping to have another movie added to this elite bunching and I can honestly say this will be one of them. Though some of the humor is hit and miss when it gets to the gruel it lets it fly and has a fun time doing it...Enjoy!!! Some may be waiting for the Image release of this film which is slated for a January 2007 release. If you own a Region free and Format free player, port this sucker. It has no extras save for some crappy trailers for some gay films. Also though the DVD has a widescreen version it is unfortunately not anamorphic. The movie alone however is still worth the pick up.

I bought mine from devotedvd.com however X-ploited Cinema now has this up for sale on their site, its under $20 as well. Splatter fans may do well to get this ASAP!!! Jake West I salute you!!! Until next time Pygmies remember if you fighting Aliens never turn your back as you may get a suppository the size of a tree rammed up your keaster...Close Encounter of the Third Kind Style!!! I'm Out!!!

This will be ranked among the best of the genre

Author: ogytork from San Francisco
6 June 2005

I just saw this at a film festival in San Francisco.

I met the director Jake West shortly before his film screened and he was quite humble about it. He said, "If you don't look me in the eye when you come out of the theater I'll know you didn't like it." Suffice it to say the movie got a standing ovation and I ran down the aisle and give him a big bear hug.

This movie is a masterpiece of the genre. I haven't enjoyed a movie like this one since I first stumbled upon Peter Jackson's Bad Taste. Personally I think it's better than all of Jackson's early gore/comedy films. I'd even put it on par with Evil Dead 2. Evil Aliens is basically a love letter to these movies. Littered throughout the movie are cinematic references to many of our favorite gags and quotes. This is a real gutsy move because in most other people's hands all of these homage's would come across as derivative ripoffs of other people's work, but it works in this film. I think this is mostly because there are plenty of original gags and quotes in this film that hold up to direct comparison with the work of others is sincerely celebrating. The bottom line is that Jake West is a good writer. The dialog is fun and keeps the movie running at a good pace. The characters are introduced as stereotypes, but when things go bad they evolve into better, more interesting people. You get to know them by their actions, not their heritage.

O.K. Enough highbrow talk.

This is a gory comedy about welsh farmers, a camera crew, and a UFO Geek going head to head with a bunch of Predator-looking aliens. These aliens are hell bent on doing what aliens do best. Impregnating the women, anally probing the men, and mutilating the cattle. Our place is not to question why they do these things but to appreciate their reckless enthusiasm. Once the action starts it rarely lets up. The humans all do a pretty good job of standing their ground with shotguns, cricket bats, chainsaws, rotor-tillers, and a tractor combine. Come to think of it, that's probably all I needed to tell you for you to know it's a great film. One Tractor Combine + 20 Aliens running away across a wheat field = Everything you need to know before deciding whether you want to see this movie.

Soooo Funny

Author: dmvid1234 from United Kingdom
6 February 2006

I have not seen a film like this in years, its the funniest, stupidest, goriest schlock , slapstick horror fest ever.

The start was admittedly a little slow, but so are many films, but once it got going it was an onslaught of blood and maiming of Aliens and Humans to make the wannabe Horror Film makers from the U.S mad with envy.

Its out in the UK on March 10th and there is a website but it looks like its in test mode or something at the moment its www.evilaliensthemovie.co.uk.

Love this film and it looks like Jake West has a winning formula.

Only down side was we did not see Emily Booth in her all together Shame.

A poor homage to b-movies.

Author: axlrhodes from United Kingdom
9 May 2008

Evil Aliens owes a huge debt to Peter Jacksons early films Bad Taste and Braindead.I must confess to never enjoying those films particularly and i say the same about this.Jake West is a director who clearly lacks inspiration of his own and chooses to steal from those whom he looks up to.I lost count of the amount of times a major Hollywood film was quoted most notably James Camerons Aliens.The amount of blood and gore on show here isn't funny either,the latter end of the film becomes tired and dragged out.Maybe it would have worked better as a short film.The actors a poor,the direction is weak and the plot is non existent.I can see what the director was trying to do,the homage he was trying to pay,but others have done the same thing a lot better than presented here. 4/10

A spectacular story of human survival in face of alien adversity

Author: siderite from Romania
6 May 2006

NOT! :) This is an English black comedy/parody movie that most resembles a combination of Signs, Alien vs Predator and Bad Taste set up in the Welsh country side. It's funny, gory and has a lot of references to other sci-fi horror movies including Evil Dead, StarGate, Night of the Living Dead and many others, but without being pushy about it. I mean, you will never see a Scary Movie type of scene when they recreate a portion of another movie in a stupid way and laugh about it.

Anyway, if you are a fan of "bad" horror movies and funny gory films like Bad Taste or Evil Dead, you will love this one. There are no known actors, they don't even have IMDb pictures, except one, Scott Joseph, who ironically wears an alien mask the whole movie :)

'so bad, its good'

Author: peter736-1 from United Kingdom
19 February 2008

To be honest I knew what to expect before I watched this film, and I've got to say it has the worst acting I've ever seen. It does have its moments, and on a comedy level its very entertaining, but i'm afraid its not scary, and stupidity is taken to a new level. There's a lot of unnecessary gore, and the plot is all over the place. I have no idea why the aliens were evil, and why they even came to this remote part of wales, (i mean who'd go there anyway?) but I didn't care at that point, because I was amused by the costumes, and the bad CGI. As far as B-movies go, this deserves the title of 'being so bad, its good', and kudos to the film-makers, because they probably knew what they were doing. Long may these films continue.....

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]