IMDb > Full-Court Miracle (2003) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Full-Court Miracle (TV) More at IMDbPro »

I loved this positive movie!!!!!!!!

Author: skinnervic from Costa Rica
3 February 2006

My computer connection went down for awhile so I flipped on the boob tube & there on HBO was "Full Court Miracles" - a WONDERFUL FEEL GOOD - POSITIVE movie about believing, hope, inspiration & not giving up!!

Alex Linz just wouldn't give up in HIS PASSION - despite being short & not that good & despite his mother attempting to break him down/squelch his dreams (for her OWN dreams for him! Why do SOOOOO MANY parents do that to their kids???).

Richard T. Jones had such compassion!

We NEED LOTS more movies out there like this!!!

THANX to ALL involved in the making of this movie!!!!

A beautiful story that all kids should see, Jewish or not.

Author: (edbrown@videotron.ca) from Montreal Canada
15 March 2005

Sure, it's obvious that Full Court Miracle is not a high budget movie, but critics go a bit too far. Anyone who says the basketball play looks phony is comparing it to the National Basketball league.They're a bunch of kids doing their best to entertain, and they do. This is a simple, educational story without violence or bad taste. My only complaint about Full Court Miracle is that Disney will not release it to DVD. So few people can afford the Disney Channel that not many have seen it. It's not fair to our wonderful young Canadian actors like Alex and Erik. Anyone who has seen Erik Knudsen's work in YTV (Mental Block)knows his good work. Good luck. Ed Brown Montreal

Hannukah is a great time to watch "Full Court Miracle"!

Author: jillsypill
28 January 2005

If you enjoy gathering around the TV for a happy family movie, "Full Court Miracle" is an excellent choice. During Hannukah, the movie takes on the full importance of the true meaning of the festive holiday. It is an excellent way to point out the fine qualities of Judah and the Maccabbees. The movie also shows some fine morals about accepting all people, that may not have the same beliefs that you hold. Alex D. Linz is an exceptional child actor. Maybe in our own lives, miracles do not take place as they do in this movie, but it is nice to know that hope and perseverance can spawn a kind of "miracle". I highly recommend this movie to families of all faiths. It is very heartwarming and a joy to watch!

The phoniest basketball game ever?

Author: Gordon Michaels from Farragut, Tennessee
13 February 2004

Auggh! Totally unconvincing depiction of a basketball game. So many childish errors that credibility is continually punctured. Even the antics of the onlookers are poorly acted - nothing looks goofier than poorly staged pictures of people cheering and reacting in an unconvincing manner.

And I am the only one who thought the Jewish miracle message was a bit heavy-handed given the trivial nature of the b-ball contest? I do applaud the attention and dignity that the script gives to the Jewish faith, though - the movie has noble intentions.

Movies get much, much better than this. I gave it 4/10.

AWESOME FILM!

Author: loveshiaandtaylor from Kentucky
21 November 2003

Okay I have got to say that this is one of the coolest sports movies ever!It not only brings entertainment to it's viewers but it also educates them on basketball and the jewish religion. The movie has a strong cast, a great plot and just the right amout of humor and the guys wern't all that bad looking either! I loved this movie and I think it teaches viewers that miracles can and will happen, I give this movie 10 out of 10 stars I think this is an exceedingly good movie, and it's just a tv movie!

Upbeat movie with accurate info about the Jewish faith

Author: RGarber1968 from United States
22 December 2008

I turned this on about a half an hour into the movie, and was entranced. I wondered if any of the characters were really Jewish and was pleased to see that some really are. It was nice to see Jews portrayed in a positive, non-stereotypical way. I enjoyed the fact that the story wove the secular with the religious aspects of the story, without ridiculing Judaism. A few years ago a movie was made, which admittedly was a satire, about a Jewish superhero, but I found that movie vulgar, and felt depressed that at this time of year, that was the only "Jewish" show to "compete" with all the Christmas programs. I know nothing about basketball, but I could appreciate the "obsession" the boy had with the game, while trying to keep up with his school work. It portrayed a Jewish boy in a Jewish school as a normal kid. It was nice to see Jewish kids going to a Jewish day school instead of some other private school. The only negative, which is why I gave it a 9 instead of a 10, is that it didn't appear to have been filmed in Philly, or the Philly area. I am very sensitive about that, and really find it offensive when other towns (Pittsburgh with it's mountainous background filled in for Philly in a movie years ago with Keanu Reeves as I recall) stand in for Philadelphia. I also found the issue of the "time-out" that the other team tried to pull realistic, in that I think that is the kind of thing a winning team would try to win a game by default. The use of the generator was a great device as a symbol for the cruse of oil that stayed lit for 8 days to consecrate the Temple.

Good fun movie

Author: willeagle23 from Ohio, United States
6 December 2007

The reason I watched this movie is because of Richard T. Jones. I enjoyed his acting on Judging Amy so thats why I wanted to catch this movie. I also enjoy movies with sports in them. I ended up enjoying the movie for more reasons than Jones being in it. I enjoyed the character played by Alex D. Linz and I learned some things about Jewish customs. It was the first time I had ever heard that song the family sung as well. I think Disney does a good job with their TV movies because I have seen a ton of them over the years. I remember one called 'The Mary Thomas Story' that was well done, and it's good to see Disney still making good TV movies. Catch this one if you can.

Excellent!!!

Author: Vidal Serfaty from Venezuela
3 February 2006

When this movie was broad-casted, I started watching it because it surprised me seeing Jewish boys wearing their Kippahs (Yarmulkes) all the time (due to the fact that I'm Jewish).

Well, I really liked the movie. I think it has a very adequate Jewish background and good performances, as well.

I could never imagine that Disney would make a movie like this. I recommend it...

and by the time it comes out in DVD, I'll be buying it for sure!!

AND, IF YOU CAN, TRY TO WATCH IT BY HANNUKAH TIME, you won't regret!

PD: I found on the web, that Alex Linz (main character) is really Jewish

Alex D. Linz and Full Court Miracle are awesome!!!

Author: Christopher Loewe (cloewe08@yahoo.com) from Clinton TWP, Michigan
30 June 2004

After watching Full Court Miracle, I said to myself "Wow I never knew that the Disney Channel could make such a good movie, this was the best Disney Channel Movie ever!" I am a huge fan of Alex D. Linz, who played Alex Schlotsky in the movie, and I thought that he did an awesome job acting. He sure is a very talented actor. The whole story about how the oil in the Jewish lamp burned for longer than was predicted and the fuel for the school's generator burned longer than predicted so the Lions could finish their basketball game in the light was very interesting. Good job Disney with this awesome movie!b Hopefully Alex D. Linz will be in many more awesome movies to come. I rate Full Court Miracle 10/10.

Pretty Good

Author: avenir1987
29 November 2003

The Philadelphia Hebrew Academy Lions haven't won a game in two years. This year, however, team captain Alex Schlotzky (Alex D. Linz, 'Max Keeble's Big Move') is determined to lead his team to victory in the annual Liberty Basketball Tournament, being held this year in the Lions' own gym. But it looks like it'll take a miracle to break the team's losing streak as they continue to lose games while the tournament inches ever closer. Alex manages to find that miracle in ex-professional basketball player Lamont Carr (Richard T. Jones, 'Judging Amy') who was shooting hoops at the local park while waiting for a tryout from the 76ers. Alex manages to convince Lamont to help coach the team and hopefully give them the skills to finally win.

Told on the backdrop of the legend of Jewish military hero Juddah Maccabee and the Miracle of Light, Hanukhah, Full-Court Miracle is a heart-felt story that manages to get its message across while also teaching it's audience a bit about Jewish culture and history. The story itself is nothing innovative, but is interesting and makes good parallels with the Hanukhah story. There is just enough comedy in the film to break up the more the dramatic scenes and provide a bit of relief.

Linz does a good job of carrying the film, and is supported by an equally great cast. Linz plays his character convincingly, shows emotion well, and, all in all, makes a good performance. Jones plays his character convincingly as well and is great in front of the camera. The older Schlotzkies, Jason Blicker as Marshall and Linda Kash as Cynthia, play their roles well too. Kash does a good job as the mother who only wants the best for her son, even at the expense of his own dreams. Blicker is great as the father who also wants the best for his son, but also understands that the best is what he wants for himself.

All told, Full-Court Miracle is a heartwarming movie that the family will like, if not love. The writers manage to keep basketball around as a back-drop, but do not let it take over the film, as in other sports movies.

Rating: 8/10 for a slightly less than innovative story that is rather predictable.