IMDb > White Chicks (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
White Chicks

White Chicks More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 24:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

the definition of "funny".

Author: Guy Nakash from Israel
6 November 2007

This movie is simply funny, it aims to make you laugh and no more. Anyone who dissect the plot and put the acting and screenplay of this film under a microscope is missing the entire point of this movie.

This is a comedy, not a documentary or an historical saga, this is plane humor, dumb with a bit of a slapstick taste... The entire situation is fictional of course and that's what so funny about it. I've read some comment about this movie here and the people who wrote these comment are way off, talking like those big-shot movie critics.

This is a fun movie to watch with a "stupid" yet hilarious story, simple comedy and a lot of what some people call "toilet humor" (which is always funny) - it's nothing more than pure entertainment and it leaves you with a smile on your face which is never a bad thing, right? I've seen this movie 5 times and I still laugh my heart out! :-D

Absurd + Unbelievable= HILARIOUS!

Author: CGMAETC from LA
25 October 2004

Okay, I was dragged kicking and screaming to this movie. I made my friends pay for my ticket in protest when the majority voted to see this and I was stranded at the movie theater without my car. When I first heard of it, I thought the premise was absurd, the make-up laughable and the jokes seemed racist. I was right about the first two things. Yes, you are not fooled for one minute that Marlon and Shawn are actually either of the 2 pampered princesses they impersonate. Yes, you can't imagine anyone else being fooled either. But for one moment, just suspend your disbelief and take this movie for what it is... a comedy. A gut-busting, rolling on the floor laughing and quotable one-liners kind of comedy. This was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. This movie makes fun of everyone-- black, white, rich, poor, dorks, cool people... no one is safe. And the brother who falls for Marlon in disguise had me pee-ing in my pants! And there's even bit of commentary about social and racial stereotypes. All in all, an enjoyable experience.

A terrible and at the same time hilarious film

Author: don_key from Europe
5 August 2005

I have seen the Unrated version on DVD together with my family.

I was very much suspicious about this movie from the moment when I saw the DVD cover and really wanted to push stop button after the first 5 minutes of the film, especially after seeing absolutely silly makeup :=) Lucky for me, others wanted to continue watching. What followed was 1 1/2 hours of great comedy, some scenes are so hilarious that even after seeing them many times I still laugh again when seeing them.

In some way this movie is identical to Soul Plane by being an underdog which is blamed to be racist and full with low level jokes. Perhaps it is, but I still find it very funny.

10/10 (Partly because of the IMHO unjustified low total rating this movie has)

Highly Recommended For Days When You Are Down and Trouble

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
13 May 2007

After an unsuccessful mission, FBI agents Kevin Copeland (Shawn Wayans) and Marcus Copeland (Marlon Wayans) fall in disgrace in the agency. They decide to swap their bad position with his superior Section Chief Elliott Gordon (Frankie Faison) working undercover in an abduction case, disguised in the two spoiled white daughters of a tycoon, Brittany and Tiffany Wilson, getting in hilarious situations.

I like the silly and funny movies that Keenen Ivory Wayans directs. His formula, mixing gross, low level and racist jokes are hilarious and highly recommended for days when you are down and trouble. My soccer time lost the game in the afternoon and I was very upset. While watching "White Chicks", I laughed a lot and I really liked this comedy, which will never be nominated to an Oscar or to Cannes. But it is delightful to shutdown the brain and feel amusement and joy with this type of silliness to improve the humor. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "As Branquelas" ("White Chicks")

Great Writing, Great Acting, Great White Chicks!!!

Author: jtindahouse from Nelson, New Zealand
3 October 2004

This comedy is magnificent and is entertaining and hilarious all the way through. One of the best things about the film is that they didn't use the same jokes that every other comedy movie based on someone dressing up as someone else and pretending to be them. Also the work that went into making Shawn and Marlon Wayans look so convincing as white chicks must have been massive because they looked brilliant. Frankie Faison was alright playing the chief and delivered a few clever scenes. Terry Crews was excellent as Latrell Spencer and was a good touch to the movie. Of course the stand outs were the Wayan brothers which any one could tell even just from the trailer of the movie. This performance almost stood up to their roles in Scary Movie 1 and 2 which is really really saying something. Lets hope they keep writing movies (with Keenan Ivory Wayans who deserves as much credit, if not more, for the writing) and starring in them as well because God knows they can act and act brilliantly. Great movie. The toilet humor was well done too.

Funny stuff

Author: crawl-2 from Rhinelander, Wisconsin
30 October 2004

Americans are some of the most uptight folks on the planet. To the folks who think this movie is anything but funny, well you are hopeless.

PC in your case means pitifully cramped.

Humor, like beauty, is unique to each person. But the Wayans seem to be able to dish out equal portions of playful jabs and tongue-in-cheek which appeals to me.

A look at the Hilton sisters and their lifestyle gives more than enough fodder to make something really funny, and it is in this movie.

If you want intellectualism, go elsewhere. This is just smartly funny.

So funny

Author: baska_ct from New Zealand
26 October 2005

White Chicks is the funnest film i have watched in years. Am i the only one who thought the made up black dudes looked better than the real white chicks. As for all the comments about the film being racist, cant anybody watch a film any more as a film , as a comedy film, and not as a statement of America right now. Remember its a comedy you laugh at funny things on film, you don't watch a comedy film to write a check list of every thing not politically correct about the movie, its a movie to be enjoyed by the masses not by the political correctness police, get a life people. I watch a film to enjoy that film, i watch the terminator and i don't think while I'm watching it, mmmm Arnie cant act, he shouldn't be in this film, lets have Dustin Hoffman play the terminator he can act, cause that would be and is stupid, watch a film to enjoy, thats what they are for.

Really enjoyed this one...so funny

Author: Alex D from Romania
24 April 2006

This is one of my favorite comedies. It's an excellent movie. I even saw it twice and I laughed a lot. I totally understand why many love this movie, but some really think it's a crap. If you want to see a serious comedy, you won't like this one because it's very absurd. I mean how can two black guys transform into two white chicks and nobody sees the difference. The plot is very unreal, something you won't see in the real life, but if you pass over this things you'll see one of the best comedies. The acting is great, the plot is very entertaining so I recommend this movie to everyone who wants to laugh a lot and enjoy a great comedy.

Non-stop laughter

Author: Dragoneyed363 from United States
19 April 2008

After seeing the Wayans Brothers in Scary Movie 1 and Scary Movie 2 I had high expectations on this film, not because they are comic geniuses or anything, but because they are one of the few toilet humor actors I can tolerate and even find quite humorous under the right conditions. White Chicks pulled out all the stops, and remains one of my favorite movies to watch till this day.

There was just so much hilarious material, that was quite different from some of the other comedies I had recently seen. Yes, the main plot is really unbelievable, but it pays off. All the cast knew what kind of film they were working with and slap it up whenever they can. One of my favorite scenes is in the dressing room, and another is at a restaurant. I will leave it at that for those who have not seen it. This film left me smiling long after it was over, because it started off strong and carried out the whole way through. That's all it really needed to do. I must say that there was nothing wrong with this film at all, and that it was totally funny. It was kind of obvious how when the brothers in the film dressed up to be the sisters they looked nothing like them, but I still thought it was a great underrated comedy!

Easy White Chocolate...

Author: rhinestone_sunglasses from United States
21 June 2005

I would have never seen this movie if it wasn't for younger siblings. It's the kind of movie you don't think you will ever see and I saw it and I laughed again and again.

I didn't find it racist because I found the comedy mostly geared toward differences between men and women and the most hilarious aspects of the film come from the Wayan's brothers dressing up as the girls and the tribulations they have.

Personally I can understand how anyone over the age of twenty might not find it as funny. It's a comedy mostly geared toward younger people in the way of Night at the Roxbury or even Clueless. My advice would be to see it but don't expect too much...maybe you'll like it.

Page 1 of 24:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]