White Chicks (2004) Poster

(2004)

260 ReviewsOrdered By: Helpfulness
the definition of "funny".
Guy Nakash6 November 2007
This movie is simply funny, it aims to make you laugh and no more. Anyone who dissect the plot and put the acting and screenplay of this film under a microscope is missing the entire point of this movie.

This is a comedy, not a documentary or an historical saga, this is plane humor, dumb with a bit of a slapstick taste... The entire situation is fictional of course and that's what so funny about it. I've read some comment about this movie here and the people who wrote these comment are way off, talking like those big-shot movie critics.

This is a fun movie to watch with a "stupid" yet hilarious story, simple comedy and a lot of what some people call "toilet humor" (which is always funny) - it's nothing more than pure entertainment and it leaves you with a smile on your face which is never a bad thing, right? I've seen this movie 5 times and I still laugh my heart out! :-D
114 out of 162 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Highly Recommended For Days When You Are Down and Trouble
Claudio Carvalho13 May 2007
After an unsuccessful mission, FBI agents Kevin Copeland (Shawn Wayans) and Marcus Copeland (Marlon Wayans) fall in disgrace in the agency. They decide to swap their bad position with his superior Section Chief Elliott Gordon (Frankie Faison) working undercover in an abduction case, disguised in the two spoiled white daughters of a tycoon, Brittany and Tiffany Wilson, getting in hilarious situations.

I like the silly and funny movies that Keenen Ivory Wayans directs. His formula, mixing gross, low level and racist jokes are hilarious and highly recommended for days when you are down and trouble. My soccer time lost the game in the afternoon and I was very upset. While watching "White Chicks", I laughed a lot and I really liked this comedy, which will never be nominated to an Oscar or to Cannes. But it is delightful to shutdown the brain and feel amusement and joy with this type of silliness to improve the humor. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "As Branquelas" ("White Chicks")
68 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Non-stop laughter
Dragoneyed36319 April 2008
After seeing the Wayans Brothers in Scary Movie 1 and Scary Movie 2 I had high expectations on this film, not because they are comic geniuses or anything, but because they are one of the few toilet humor actors I can tolerate and even find quite humorous under the right conditions. White Chicks pulled out all the stops, and remains one of my favorite movies to watch till this day.

There was just so much hilarious material, that was quite different from some of the other comedies I had recently seen. Yes, the main plot is really unbelievable, but it pays off. All the cast knew what kind of film they were working with and slap it up whenever they can. One of my favorite scenes is in the dressing room, and another is at a restaurant. I will leave it at that for those who have not seen it. This film left me smiling long after it was over, because it started off strong and carried out the whole way through. That's all it really needed to do. I must say that there was nothing wrong with this film at all, and that it was totally funny. It was kind of obvious how when the brothers in the film dressed up to be the sisters they looked nothing like them, but I still thought it was a great underrated comedy!
26 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It is one of my guilty pleasure movies
ratatouillefan30 May 2011
So I am not a fan of "homeboy" movies but every time I see this movie come on I have to watch it. I laugh myself silly every time. I cannot help it but the Wayans Brothers totally kill it with this one. It is so not about a plausible plot but about being extremely entertaining. With a great cast of characters. I definitely do not watch movies for hidden meanings, a significant message, or the artistry. I watch movies purely for entertainment and enjoyment and this one definitely fits the bill!For those critics who just want a meaningful just pass For those of you wanting pure laughs and entertainment!!! WATCH IT But why listen to me. make up your own mind.
17 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Absurd + Unbelievable= HILARIOUS!
CGMAETC25 October 2004
Okay, I was dragged kicking and screaming to this movie. I made my friends pay for my ticket in protest when the majority voted to see this and I was stranded at the movie theater without my car. When I first heard of it, I thought the premise was absurd, the make-up laughable and the jokes seemed racist. I was right about the first two things. Yes, you are not fooled for one minute that Marlon and Shawn are actually either of the 2 pampered princesses they impersonate. Yes, you can't imagine anyone else being fooled either. But for one moment, just suspend your disbelief and take this movie for what it is... a comedy. A gut-busting, rolling on the floor laughing and quotable one-liners kind of comedy. This was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. This movie makes fun of everyone-- black, white, rich, poor, dorks, cool people... no one is safe. And the brother who falls for Marlon in disguise had me pee-ing in my pants! And there's even bit of commentary about social and racial stereotypes. All in all, an enjoyable experience.
130 out of 199 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A terrible and at the same time hilarious film
don_key5 August 2005
I have seen the Unrated version on DVD together with my family.

I was very much suspicious about this movie from the moment when I saw the DVD cover and really wanted to push stop button after the first 5 minutes of the film, especially after seeing absolutely silly makeup :=) Lucky for me, others wanted to continue watching. What followed was 1 1/2 hours of great comedy, some scenes are so hilarious that even after seeing them many times I still laugh again when seeing them.

In some way this movie is identical to Soul Plane by being an underdog which is blamed to be racist and full with low level jokes. Perhaps it is, but I still find it very funny.

10/10 (Partly because of the IMHO unjustified low total rating this movie has)
97 out of 150 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
freaking hysterical
Nrissone25 January 2011
I gotta say, this movie for me, is a classic. Even though it came out in 2004 i think it is a classic. The thing that in my opinion is even more funny than the witty lines is the facial expressions of the characters. They are hysterical. Trust me, they are hilarious.

The only reason that i didn't give it a ten is because of the acting from two supporting actors. I think you would be able to determine them yourself.

Overall an Awesome movie. A movie you can watch over and over again. I have and i know that you will want to too. Don't think about it, just do it you will not regret it.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
So funny
baska_ct26 October 2005
White Chicks is the funnest film i have watched in years. Am i the only one who thought the made up black dudes looked better than the real white chicks. As for all the comments about the film being racist, cant anybody watch a film any more as a film , as a comedy film, and not as a statement of America right now. Remember its a comedy you laugh at funny things on film, you don't watch a comedy film to write a check list of every thing not politically correct about the movie, its a movie to be enjoyed by the masses not by the political correctness police, get a life people. I watch a film to enjoy that film, i watch the terminator and i don't think while I'm watching it, mmmm Arnie cant act, he shouldn't be in this film, lets have Dustin Hoffman play the terminator he can act, cause that would be and is stupid, watch a film to enjoy, thats what they are for.
52 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Great Writing, Great Acting, Great White Chicks!!!
jtindahouse3 October 2004
This comedy is magnificent and is entertaining and hilarious all the way through. One of the best things about the film is that they didn't use the same jokes that every other comedy movie based on someone dressing up as someone else and pretending to be them. Also the work that went into making Shawn and Marlon Wayans look so convincing as white chicks must have been massive because they looked brilliant. Frankie Faison was alright playing the chief and delivered a few clever scenes. Terry Crews was excellent as Latrell Spencer and was a good touch to the movie. Of course the stand outs were the Wayan brothers which any one could tell even just from the trailer of the movie. This performance almost stood up to their roles in Scary Movie 1 and 2 which is really really saying something. Lets hope they keep writing movies (with Keenan Ivory Wayans who deserves as much credit, if not more, for the writing) and starring in them as well because God knows they can act and act brilliantly. Great movie. The toilet humor was well done too.
104 out of 180 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Funny stuff
crawl-230 October 2004
Americans are some of the most uptight folks on the planet. To the folks who think this movie is anything but funny, well you are hopeless.

PC in your case means pitifully cramped.

Humor, like beauty, is unique to each person. But the Wayans seem to be able to dish out equal portions of playful jabs and tongue-in-cheek which appeals to me.

A look at the Hilton sisters and their lifestyle gives more than enough fodder to make something really funny, and it is in this movie.

If you want intellectualism, go elsewhere. This is just smartly funny.
96 out of 169 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Outrageously funny! best wayans movie ever!
aj_ajc_aj1 July 2009
this film had me laughing from the preview to the credits. it is a prefect movie to watch when you just broke up with your boyfriend/girlfriend and lost your dog. You will be smiling in no time. The plot is totally unrealistic but that just adds to the funny of the film. Anyone who says this movie was not funny must have no sense of humor at all because everything out this movie was funny. I thought my stomach was about to explode i was laughing. The fact that they looked nothing like the actual girls makes it even more hilarious. Actually when i seen this movie my grandfather had just died and i couldn't help but laugh when i saw this film. Funny! i cant find any other way to describe it. Good job Wayans
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Really enjoyed this one...so funny
Alex D24 April 2006
This is one of my favorite comedies. It's an excellent movie. I even saw it twice and I laughed a lot. I totally understand why many love this movie, but some really think it's a crap. If you want to see a serious comedy, you won't like this one because it's very absurd. I mean how can two black guys transform into two white chicks and nobody sees the difference. The plot is very unreal, something you won't see in the real life, but if you pass over this things you'll see one of the best comedies. The acting is great, the plot is very entertaining so I recommend this movie to everyone who wants to laugh a lot and enjoy a great comedy.
52 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Funny movie with an impossible plot
hoxjennifer23 August 2014
This is one of those comedy movies that you have to give the benefit of the doubt. Two black FBI agents impersonate two white socialite women - they are obviously completely different from the originals and yet everyone believes them to be Brittany and Tiffany Wilson. The plot is impossible and ridiculous, but you know what? At the end of the day, White Chicks is hilarious. This is classic 2000's style humour, similar in style to Hot Chick (one of my all-time favourites).

If you're looking for a no-brainer movie for one of those days when you need a laugh - and you're not offended by black comedy - this is a must- see. I was meaning to see it earlier and am shocked that I haven't.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Easy White Chocolate...
rhinestone_sunglasses21 June 2005
I would have never seen this movie if it wasn't for younger siblings. It's the kind of movie you don't think you will ever see and I saw it and I laughed again and again.

I didn't find it racist because I found the comedy mostly geared toward differences between men and women and the most hilarious aspects of the film come from the Wayan's brothers dressing up as the girls and the tribulations they have.

Personally I can understand how anyone over the age of twenty might not find it as funny. It's a comedy mostly geared toward younger people in the way of Night at the Roxbury or even Clueless. My advice would be to see it but don't expect too much...maybe you'll like it.
54 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Once you go black, you're gonna need a wheelchair."
Angelus215 June 2008
This is just plain fun and will have you laugh until your insides hurt. Marlon and Shawn Wayans go undercover by using disguises in order to infiltrate the rich and uncover something bigger...only their seniors have no idea whats happening....

This film is hilarious from start to finish; the laughs just keep coming; you won't be able to stop for a minute to catch your breath. Terry Crew is perfect for his role, his lines are funny and his physique is amazing... While the other characters are just as good, (far too many to name). It does have an element of Bad Boys but it works.

Some critics label this movie as 'stupid'; I think its a film were you can just sit back and laugh out loud, it isn't the greatest plot but thats not what this aims to do...its not an Oscar nomination, its purpose is to make the audience laugh and enjoy themselves and thats what it does with perfect precision.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Watch Out For Those White Chicks
Chrysanthepop17 May 2008
I didn't like any of the Wayans movies, the 'Scary Movie' franchise being the worst but 'White Chicks' comes as quite a nice surprise. It's actually quite funny and has some laugh-out-loud moments. Keenan Ivory Wayans finally offers a film that's actually funny without heading too much towards the direction of horrendous stupidity. Shawn Wayans and Marlon Wayans are supported by a competent cast that includes Lochlyn Munro, Jaime King, John Heard, Anne Dudek, Busy Philipps and Frankie Faison. I find Marlon Wayans unbearably annoying in his other films but here he is quite likable and his character is more mature than the crap he played in other films. Shawn Wayans did show signs of a good actor in 'Requiem For A Dream' and here he does a decent job. Both actors are excellent as the white chicks. However, 'White Chicks' isn't without its share of flaws. The opening sequence makes you want to walk away from the movie. Some of the comedy just falls flat and some of the toiler humour is overdone. Yet, in spite of that the movie works as a brilliant comedy. I love the scenes where Marlon's character returns home after partying and he dozes off while his wife is whining, Latrell's lust for 'Brittany', 'Brittany' and 'Tiffany' wanting to listen to hip-hop in the car but their friends prefer something else... there are quite a few such moments that got me laughing out loud.
14 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not about colour.
Sweetestsixteen9 April 2006
Let me just say firstly the title of the movie was wrong. It obviously made people assume that the film was about the differences between black and white people. I would say about less than ten of the jokes, out of the film containing tens upon tens of funny lines, was about the racial differences.

It was about men learning about what women go through in life. They get to experience different people that women encounter, such as strong overpowering men, rude devious women, fashion, shopping, waxes (ouch!), etc.

But instead of making you feel like you're being lectured, they make you laugh and learn instead.

The Wayans are not making fun of white people, they're mocking people such as the Hiltons; the false life that people like them can lead; how money can hide people from reality and can lead to corruption.

On the DVD, you can see for yourself what the white actresses have to say. That they enjoyed themselves, and love the concept. Who would join a cast who were making fun of your race? If the Wayans disliked white people so much, they would've gotten black actors/actresses and put them under make-up, instead of hiring white actors/actresses in the first place. Even the director states that this film is about the differences between men and women.

Please give this film the same chance that you would give any other.

P.S. Was Mrs. Doubtfire making fun of old people?
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Overall nothing to be amazed at but it has its moments
mbevier31 October 2004
From the previews and my own idea of what the movie might be like, I was very hesitant to spend the time to even give this one a chance. That is, at least, a critical part of this movie. You must at least give it a chance. If you aren't willing to take a leap, then I doubt you will get much out of it...and even then it won't be a huge amount. Quickly from the outlandish premise, the characteristic differences of a rich white woman and black man are laid out heavily. This will form the foundation, one might think obviously, of the movie. Most of the movie for me was watched through a wince of pain as a train wreck unfolded before my eyes. Although, that is simply part of the fun and entertainment here. You know it is ridiculous, and thoughts of, 'Wow, how much worse could it be' seep in and you begin to enjoy it. If you are looking for shallow comedy, yes, you have found it...and there is nothing wrong with that.

I found the man playing Latrell to be a solid inspiration of humor. He put what may be the best performance into this movie and even saying that now surprises me. He was hilarious. The Wayans brothers do as well as anyone could hope to in their role, playing to the ridiculous situation well.

Another movie in a trend of superfluous comedy. White Chicks has its place here, and is worth seeing. After all, what price can you put on a laugh, even if its only one.
30 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A great comedy!
Yesh425 May 2014
One of my favourite comedies ever, it's one of those ones where you can return to when you're feeling a bit down and it will make you happy. It's just non-stop laughs from beginning to end, and if you're looking for a profound or intelligent movie then why would you watch a movie called "White Chicks"? I've seen many negative reviews on here branding it "racist" or "misogynistic" well, maybe it is but it's definitely not offensive because it's so over the top how could you possibly be offended by it? Personally, I don't see the film as "racist" or "misogynistic" I feel that it's making fun of rich, elitist girls who only care about money and their image i.e. people that deserve to be made fun of. The only bit that I didn't find funny was the toilet humour, but that only lasts a short time and some will find it funny. So if you are not too uptight and want non-stop laughs then get this on DVD.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very funny, slapstick comedy
msmchug13 March 2014
I first seen this film about ten years ago. I thought it was funny, but maybe a little immature. It was on t.v. The other night and I wasn't going to watch it but after fifteen minutes I was hooked! I'm not sure why some reviews moan that the story or make up isn't believable. Who cares? You have to go with the silliness to enjoy the film and all the gags. Two black police men are under cover and pretend to be young white spoiled white girls, is not easy to pull of but it does work and they are very very funny. The character of Latrell who takes a shine to one of the girls is the star of the movie. He is cheesy and has the worst pick up lines. He is a machine. I didn't think I would enjoy this comedy as much as I did. Go with it...
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Horrific "comedy"
J. Spurlin27 March 2005
This is the worst horror movie I've ever seen. I admit that it's scary, but it's not a fun kind of scary. It's depressing and makes you hate life.

Shawn and Marlon Wayans play Kevin and Marcus Copeland, two wildly incompetent FBI agents who impersonate a pair of hotel heiresses in order to uncover a kidnapping scheme. The comedy – or the horror – arises out of these black New Yorkers' attempts to mimic spoiled white girls.

They fool everyone, even the girls' intimate friends. This despite that their latex masks make them look like the living dead. I noticed that the real girls' mom has a hideous, stretched-out face, but we get only fleeting glimpses of her. My guess is, there were some gags involving plastic surgery that got cut from the movie when someone realized that the mother still looks better than the Wayans brothers.

Now, I can suspend my disbelief for anything – even the idea that tall black men in zombie makeup look like cute white chicks. But the movie doesn't seem to want to help me. The Wayans' characters – and thus the Wayans themselves – seem very uncomfortable committing to their parts. When they first don their get-ups, these blithering idiots are mystified and furious when guys hit on them. Kevin (or is it Marcus?) drops his drawers and nearly moons them before he realizes he's disguised as a woman. Boing!

This kind of hyperbolic stupidity infects every character without exception and makes spending two years (sic) with them an ordeal. Maybe once or twice, by sheer chance, something funny happens. Marcus has an insanely jealous wife who complains of waiting up for him all night, even though it's only 8:02 and he's two minutes late. I laughed, but writer-director Keenan Ivory Wayans must have included this joke by accident. He's more interested in flatulence, dildos and homosexual panic. Meanwhile, the people and types skewered in this movie come off like parodies of cartoons of parodies – seven degrees separated from any actual people.

I just noticed that I wrote "two years" instead of "two hours." I swear to you that's a real typo. When I tell you I hate this "comedy," I mean it.
25 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Funny but Crude Comedy
christian12314 January 2005
White Chicks is a funny but crude comedy and goes over the top a lot. Shawn and Marlon Wayans play FBI agents assigned to investigate the kidnapping of rich debutantes in the Hamptons. In order to fit into this foreign territory, they go undercover as young white coeds, getting involved with a group of high society debutantes that may be able to help them solve the crimes. The premise has to be one of the dumbest ideas ever but the movie doesn't take itself seriously and you can just sit back and enjoy. First problem is that after the transformation they look nothing like The Wilson sisters, but we have to accept that they do, since everyone else does. There are some really funny moments in the film but also just as many groans from the audience. Of course not all of it is funny some is way to racist to be funny and some is toilet humor which is the worst attempt at trying to get laughs. The cast is familiar with comedy and the leads Shawn Wayans and Marlon Wayans do their best and they are funny most of the time. Marlon Wayans is also the worst actor in the movie especially during the serious scenes. Jessica Calffiel is hilarious as Tori and I hope she finds work in Hollywood since she's really talented and pretty. The rest of the cast is mostly unknowns and may spark a laugh here or there but they aren't worth mentioning .Keenen Ivory Wayans wrote and directed White Chicks however Scary Movie 1 and 2 are a lot better. A lot of people complain that this movie is too racist but you shouldn't take everything serious especially a dumb comedy. Rating 6/10 funny movie yet it goes overboard with its 110 running time. This film is worth watching if you liked Scary Movie and other films of that caliber.
25 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Double shot of tequila couldn't save it
Dr. Gore29 June 2004
*SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

On a mad, crazy whim, I checked out this movie with a female friend of mine. We had just finished off a pitcher of margaritas at a Mexican restaurant and decided to pop over to the mall to see what was playing. We had mentioned seeing "Day After Tomorrow" but when we got there, "White Chicks" somehow seemed like the more logical choice. We realized we weren't drunk enough to enjoy the movie so we scrambled to find a bar. Luckily, there was a restaurant nearby. So we went up to the bar and each had a double shot of tequila. We ran back upstairs and settled in for some "White Chicks" action. If I had sat down without the tequila swimming in my brain, I would have run screaming from the theater after ten minutes.

"White Chicks" is awful. I mean, it stinks to high heaven. I was wishing I had a large tub of popcorn so I could jam my head into it and suffocate on the kernels. This movie was an abomination. There was one scene where one of the "White Chicks" has a bathroom emergency and farts up a thunderstorm. The audience I was with laughed their heads off. It was then that I knew I was in Movie Hell.

The guy playing the "White Chick" hungry black guy was the only thing funny about this movie. His date with his rubber-masked white chick had me laughing. A little. Other than that, I was just sitting there hoping the projector would explode. Unfortunately the movie kept rolling but eventually came to an end.

Upon leaving the theater, my friend and I agreed that "White Chicks" was one of the worst movies of the year, if not the decade. I was screaming my lungs out in the parking lot. The tequila did not help make the movie funny. Or good. Or tolerable.

So remember this important safety tip: Don't drive drunk to the movies. There was an accident this time and the wreck was called "White Chicks".
21 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This is racist
orolin-1673324 October 2016
If this movie was changed to "Black Chicks" and had a white cast pretending to be black, this would have been THROWN OUT OF THEATERS!!! There would have been demands for apology and CNN would be covering the aftermath... But since it is black folks in white face, totally acceptable.

I don't care how funny anybody thinks this movie is, it is the perfect example of racism that isn't seen as racism because it is black folks doing it to white folks.

The makers of this movie should be made to apologize and it should be removed from any store shelves.

If you found this movie funny and cannot see how racist it is, well then you are the problem.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Alright
Poison_Dagger7 January 2007
After watching this movie again, I found more humor in it but it was still lacking. I don't think I would actually recommend this movie to anyone, unless they really wanted to watch a scary movie. Some parts of this movie are very creepy, the faces are very awkward throughout the movie. There is a part where the heiresses walk into the pool party and the politician and his wife turns around, that lady has to be the single creepiest thing I have ever seen in a film.

The plot was very poor, but the general feel of the film was cheap. The humor just barely makes up for the poor acting from the Wayans Brothers. This is a C class movie, I would only watch this if you rent it for $0.99.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this