IMDb > Prom Fight: The Marc Hall Story (2002) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Good Documentary

Author: webmaster-999 from New Jersey
13 June 2004

"Prom Fight: The Marc Hall Story" is a one hour long documentary produced by Larry Peloso and filmed during the time that Marc Hall was fighting in court to win his right to bring his boyfriend to his Catholic High School prom.

And as a documentary, it does it's job, and is a good film. I recommend you see it if you can, and in the states, it can sometimes be found on the Sundance cable channel.

However, there is continual confusion between this documentary, "Prom Fight: The Marc Hall Story," and the subsequent film produced by Tapestry Films of Toronto Canada entitled "Prom Queen: The Marc Hall Story."

Here's the difference: "Prom Fight: The Marc Hall Story": Documentary, IMDb @ "Prom Queen: The Marc Hall Story": Comedy/Drama, IMDb @

Thus, "Prom Fight" did not star Aaron Ashmore, but "Prom Queen" DID, and also starred my favorite person in the world, Trevor Blumas.

So, the documentary "Prom Fight" is well worth the watch, but is NOT the comedy/drama shot in Toronto in October 2003 and produced by Tapestry Films, and which was first aired on CTV on June 1.

I hope that clears everything up for everyone.

Good documentary - and the first I'd heard of the story!

Author: pk008 from Sydney, Australia
14 February 2005

Hi All, I caught this documentary by chance the other night on the ABC's Compass program. I was surprised that I hadn't heard of the story before, as I would've thought that I would have noticed had there been previous mention in the Australian media. I was surprised further when I went on to IMDb and found out that a feature film had been made (granted with very limited release).

I liked the insights shown in the film, particularly the honesty shown by J.P. when describing how, while he supported Marc, that the pressure being put upon their relationship was too much. It was also really interesting to see how Marc never lost sight of his original motivation: "I just want to take my boyfriend to the Prom!".

I was amazed that the school board didn't back down earlier, if only to avoid the bad publicity.

I hope that this documentary gets more coverage and the feature film (despite the reports of it's quality) are further released. Hopefully stories like these can show more young people that their sexuality should be accepted by society.

Cheers Paul