IMDb > F-Zero (1990) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

F-Zero (VG) More at IMDbPro »

F-Zero!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
21 January 2005

F-Zero is one of the most exciting Racing video games! The characters, the action, and the sure thrill of excitement makes this game a fun non-stop playing time! Below is a brief look how I think the game is!

Game Play: The game play is very good. There is really basic controls here and is easy to perform. Novice gamers should have a good time here!

Graphics: The graphics are wonderful especially for the Super Nintendo System! The backgrounds are really beautiful!

Difficulty: The game is easy but as it goes on you find out that it will become more difficult!

Music: The music is great! Just fantastic catchy tunes through out the game! In My opinion its some of the best music ever in a video game!

Sound: The sound is great. Nuff said!

Overall: I have always loved F-Zero! If you like racing adventure games then I strongly recommend you play this game!

A perfect example of what was to come for F-Zero, the SNES, and Nintendo.

Author: The_Light_Triton (Black_triton14@hotmail.com) from In a Chair in my room
4 March 2009

F-zero is awesome. This was the perfect game to release for SNES in 1990 because it showed what the SNES could do compared to the Sega Genesis. It had 32,000 colors and 16 bit graphics. the colors were bright, vibrant, and beautiful. the music and audio was downright beautiful. Nintendo didn't lie about anything they made for the SNES, and because of the SNES, Nintendo prevailed in the 16-bit wars.

It's the year 2560 and the world has changed. There are many forms of entertainment, but the greatest spectacle of all is F-zero racing, where the racing machines go upwards of 800 kph. while there are several racers, there's only 4 in everyone's mind - Captain falcon, the pilot of the Blue falcon, Dr. Stewart, the pilot in the Golden fox, Pico, the alien pilot of the wild goose, and Samurai Goroh, the pilot of the fire stongray. all of them race on 15 different courses to win the F-zero cup and tons and tons of money, all to entertain the richest men of the world.

I love this game. if i could recommend a good racing game, i'd recommend this one. however, it only suffers one major drawback that the modern video game Bioshock does...No Multiplayer.