IMDb > "Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

Awesome

Author: naturelover-01005
29 June 2016

Best show ever! If I had a bad day, I just you tube her clips and I feel great right away! I love her values - kindness, compassion, equality, and respect! It's my dream to be on her show some day! I share so much in common with her including her awesome values and many other interesting things - light sleeper, love animals, get annoyed with slow drivers, disapprove hunting, believe in authenticity, and I am gay! I am so glad she brings in so many teachers in her show. I am a professor myself and I worked extremely hard to get this far in my life. Ellen comes across as someone who appreciates that kind of hard work. I carry her values and sense of humor into my classroom. It's clear Ellen values every one and treats them with respect. This kind of humanity is hard to come by! I hope she reads this because I just wanna say thanks.

Best Talk Show!!!

Author: Naomi T from Woodland Hills, CA
16 February 2015

Ellen is the most talented actress and comedian in Hollywood. I never miss her show because she always makes me smile. I appreciate her humor and the emphasis she places on giving back to others. She is genuine and has not forgotten where she came from. I like that she is humble and that her humor is not at the expense of others. Keep up the great work because you are making lives better through your kindness and compassion.I have been going through a tough time and I know that for at least 5 hours a week that I will have a smile on my face and forget about the tough times. She paved the way for the GLBTQ community and would not take back her decision to come out for the world. Good for her! Great example of living openly and honestly.

Talk TV with a single objective

Author: duraflex from Ohio
19 February 2015

In the early 1990s, Ellen was a very funny stand-up comic who made insightful humorous comments on everyday life - kind of like a young Jerry Seinfeld - when he was still funny.

Somewhere along the way Ellen felt it necessary to share with the world that she is homosexual - a lesbian. Since then, her focus has been to promote the gay lifestyle - overtly and covertly - in every way possible.

Starting with her stupid daily dance, it escapes me how women can watch her tripe day after day - year after year as they did for 25 years with Orca. Then again as H.L. Mencken once said - no one ever went broke underestimating the intellect of the American public. Just another show that proves his old adage correct.

Great Daytime Show Fastest Hour on TV

Author: aswilliams40 from United States
18 February 2015

Ellen DeGeneres Show is an upbeat always happy show. If you need a smile, laugh, or inspiration then this is the show you need to be watching. I've watched Ellen since her own sitcom back in the late early 2000's. She is always happy & making other people happy as well. Her name is perfect Da Genereous she is that. She has excelled in all aspects of Hollywood and is just getting bigger & better with her reality shows, her prime time shows, her furniture designer competition show. Truthfully I would love to meet Ellen again I'd probably just pass out if it was on actual TV and in front of millions of viewers, as Ellen's show has. She's a very down to earth and cool chick and that's what makes me look so forward to her show everyday; yes, I said it Everyday I watch that appointments or such doesn't interfere with it. My husband is now on board as well as my shizshu of 5 years watches it with me. 12 seasons I can see 20 easy.

Best Talk Show On TV!

Author: shrek2004 from Manitoba
17 December 2003

Ellen DeGeneres is finally back! See, for those of you who don't

know, Ellen DeGeneres is a comedienne who had her own sitcom

"Ellen" that ran on ABC from 1998-1994. But the ratings started to

decline after she came out of the closet in the last season (I think it

was the last one). And it wasn't because people were homophobic--it's just that that's all she started talking about! Anyways after another failed sitcom and a public breakup Ellen

stayed out of the limelight for awhile. Then she appeared as "Dory"

in the hugely successful "Finding Nemo", and now she has her

own talk show! Unlike other talk shows (Oprah or Rosie), Ellen doesn't really suck

up to the guests. She makes jokes with them and acts like they're

her friends, instead of huge special people. And unlike Oprah or

Rosie, Ellen is not always shrieking or screaming, "Oh My

Gaaaaaaaaaad! We're going to have Sting! Oh my Gaaaaad! You

just have to buy his book....girl!" And the studio audience isn't

annoying either.....they actually let the guests and host TALK! I only get to see this show when I stay home sick from work. I wish

they'd show it in prime-time too!

Stop Being Serious and Start Having Fun!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
10 September 2007

Ellen DeGeneres is one of the best known lesbian talk show hostesses around. That's because she does not use her show to preach or force people to accept her lifestyle. Her show has fans that range from conservative Christians to left wing liberals like myself who do appreciate that Ellen uses her show for good rather than protesting. I think that's why she went away. She allowed her sexual orientation to define her rather than having her own identity. I think she's better than that because she does admit to it upfront. Audiences do want honesty and truthfulness. They don't care about it but they don't want to be deceived or lied too. It's better to be clean and upfront about her personal life especially if you are doing a television show like this. While I think she's secured a niche in daytime television, she uses her comedic humor to poke fun as life in general. I think she's best when she's non-political because we already have enough politics for the next year with this 2008 election. I don't understand why she's winning Emmys because even though she's great most of the time. The show's momentum has passed. It can be silly, serious, and straightforward at times. She dances in the beginning because we don't get enough of it. Ellen might be a great role model for lots of confused teens out there but she is seen as a great role model for all of us because we don't have to grow up and stop having fun. I think that's what the message of her show is about, stop being serious and having fun.

I simply love The Ellen Degeneres show

Author: shandiagardiner from Bahamas
1 July 2007

i love Ellen she is fantastic, i try to watch the show every day at four o'clock back in the Bahamas. when I'm at work its sort of hard to view the show but i sure make up for that on off days.

i think Ellen is doing an awesome job by making others smile. she is so funny and I'd love to meet her one day soon.

if your sad and depressed all one has to do is turn to the Ellen show and your sure to pick up a smile or two. she is so nice and has a great personality, she is truly a blessing to the industry. i would love to attend one of her live shows. How awesome that would be. she is so great with kids. animals everything and one. she has hilarious written all over her bright face.

I love Ellen!

Author: crazee4brownees from United States
19 January 2006

My mom and I watched Ellen last summer while we were at work. I loved it. I left for college this past year, and I still watch Ellen almost everyday. My roommate hated my love for the show at first, but after a while she really got into it. Now we both watch it. This semester I have an 1130 class and will have to miss Ellen, I don't know what I'm going to do! I love Ellen. She is so funny, I laugh out loud whenever I watch her show. She is so funny and I love how she interacts with her guests. I also love the dancing. I would go see Ellen live in a heartbeat, she brightens my day! Her guests are so wide. She had Kanye on the other day, and then before that she had stars from Lost! Anyone can have fun on Ellen, and I think that most of the stars do! My roommate said that this coming semester we are going to try and get an Ellen watching party everyday, even when I have to go to class. We want everyone to enjoy Ellen just as much as we do!

Funny AND Positive Show!!!

Author:
12 November 2004

...and yes, you do learn something.

Ellen, of course, is hilarious but _never_ in a demeaning or crude way. Always positive and complimentary in a honest (I feel) not fake way!

She changes things up a little and I am liking that. She also has some fun people on. I have so far saved only two episodes to tape: James Spader speaking so eloquently after his Emmy win and Jamie Foxx doing some wonderful music! I'll be looking for Jamie Foxx's upcoming CD.

Just a lot of fun and sincerity on this show -- oh, yes, and dancing.

Surprisingly great

Author: Patrick (boston2143) from Boston, MA
15 October 2003

I really liked Ellen's sitcom and her HBO special ("The Beginning"), but in recent years it seemed like Ellen might be losing her comedic touch. NOT SO, I'm glad to say. Ellen fits perfectly into her new environment, because interacting with people of all kinds is exactly what she does best. Ellen is quick-witted, amiable, and often laugh-out-loud funny. She has a very distinctive style that I feared may get old after all these years, but it still feels fresh because it's authentic. Ellen deserved another chance to conquer television, and I believe she just may pull it off this time. Wayne Brady should enjoy those Emmy's while they last -- there's some fierce competition in town, and it's not Sharon Osbourne.