IMDb > Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (2003) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (VG) More at IMDbPro »Mario Golf: Family Tour (original title)

Better than the first, which was pretty good.

Author: captainmarvel1331 from United States
24 September 2005

The GC sequel to Mario Golf on the N64 is one pretty good game. The graphics are beautifully colored and very, very slick. There's more characters to choose from, like Waluigi and Birdo. And the gameplay is so easy and fun. I seriously mean this when I say Nintendo has created the best way a golf game should be played. There's a more than a handful of holes to choose and un-lock, all of which look great. And there's many side games to play to always keep you busy.

In the long run, if you liked the old game, this one is for you. This game falls into the Mario Classics section and hopefully will get its deserving share of attention. 8/10.

Not As Versatile As Other Mario Fare

Author: zkonedog from United States
13 March 2017

After playing a lot of Mario Kart, Smash Bros., and Mario Tennis on my Gamecube, I went on the lookout for another fun multi-player excursion. I came across Mario Golf and decided to give it a shot. Unfortunately, it was a very disappointing experience.

The main problem with "Toadstool Tour" is that it lacks energy and excitement. Every hole seems exactly the same...blast the ball a few times and then fiddle around with the putting. There seem to be no "cool secret moves" or new things to discover.

Not helping matters are the shoddy controls. Putting from short range is an exercise in frustration that immediately turned me off to the whole experience (kind of turned it into a button-mashing frenzy).

This one will not stay in my collection alongside the previously mentioned Mario multi-players.