IMDb > Double Act (2002) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Double Act (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Not one of the best adaptations of a Jaqueline Wilson book.

Author: kids-8 from United Kingdom
16 April 2006

Incidentally, I came across this programme whilst channel hopping and was very unimpressed.I kept watching because I had liked past TV adaptations such as girls in love and Tracy Beaker but was shocked at how much I disliked this. The acting was unbearable to watch.The girls who played the twins were shocking and the whole programme seemed bitty and dull. The girls looked nothing like the animated characters which took away some of the magic of the book because they looked nothing alike. In the end i turned over because I could not sit there,bored,any longer. I do not know who the director is as i have never heard of her but I really think she could have done a better job as well as re considering who should have been casted as lead roles in such a major and popular adaptation because the twins chosen were horrendous and it really let the show down.

A very very bad adaptation!!!

The most depressing, boring, irritating thing I've watched in a long time

Author: texxas-1 from London, United Kingdom
16 August 2015

I stupidly watched the whole thing, after ten minutes of seeing how rubbish it was I should have gave up and switched over, but I'm one of those people who always has to finish things once I've started. Let start with the girls, not only were they ugly and annoying (sorry) but they were outrageously bad "actresses". Obviously they had only got the part through corruption of having a relation who worked there, thats the only explanation, why else would they hire someones so awful? Was there a twin shortage or something? When we got to the rainy day library scene I felt really down, way to put people off the countryside! This film makes moving to the country seem so depressing, when really it can be the best thing that can happen to some people. When whoever made this saw the end result I suppose they thought kids are stupid and wouldn't mind, well they do! I so regret watching this, it made me feel down the whole evening.

double act

Author: ggcsl94 from United Kingdom
22 October 2007

i think that double act is the greatest film ever i love it when identical twins dress the same and talk and look the same. i really like Zoe and Chloe tempest Jones(the girls who played ruby and garnet)they really love being twins. i have read the book and seen the film on TV and they both are totally great. the only problem with double act as it doesn't come on DVD or video or not even on TV any more i find it so unfair i wish somebody would bring it out i also wish they had a fan club so i could contact them or an address also they don't have any images of therm on goggle so not fair!!. from Amy Louise carol jack-son,the greatest fan of double act ever!!!!!!!!!!!