IMDb > Jester Till (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Till Eulenspiegel

Jester Till More at IMDbPro »Till Eulenspiegel (original title)

Good,If you're into MCDonalds....erh, i mean Walt Disney.

Author: BrainPolice from Germany
20 September 2005

I think this was supposed to look and work like a big-budget Walt Disney production. Well, If you like big-budget Walt Disney productions and you are half-blinded then there's a chance you like this one.... I can't think of a reason to make a movie like this other than to make money. I mean it looks like its all computer generated, no single drop of ink was spilled. The character -design and the colours look just like in a TV-spot for cereals. I hate TV-spots with cartoons! Same with the music. It's only there to emphasize this "Movie-for-the-whole-family"-thing. And also the voices. It sounds exactly like the Germans would have dubbed a Disney movie. And the characters sound so hysterical-happy or they sound hysterical dumb and so on. I just got such a pretentious feel of the whole thing. I get angry, when people just take an well-approved concept(not that I like Disney movies!) and think they just have to transpose everything with a slightly different and dumbed down version instead of develop an own and original style of telling. This is a movie made for adults, to make them feel like they are actually doing something nice to their children. Small children will stare at anything with big eyes and open mouths and if they will laugh at some points then its not because Till Eulenspiegel is so damn funny, its because it looks stupid! Its just like this MCDonalds TV-spot, where kids drag their parents to the next MCDonalds restaurant and everyone smiles like a psycho. I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT.............

Wow! pretty cool!

Author: Amy_Brigman from Dortmund
29 November 2003

I´ve seen the preview on TV and thought "This must be a funny movie!" So I went to the cinema together with a friend, and then... I fell in love with it! For now I´ve seen the movie 3 times, and didn´t get bored any time. The story is hilarious, the heroes are lovable, and the humor is great! This movie is pure fun, even for adults ;-)