IMDb > Her Perfect Spouse (2004) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Her Perfect Spouse (TV) More at IMDbPro »The Perfect Husband (original title)

Predictable, but I've seen worse.

Author: crwth from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
6 February 2004

For made-for-TV, this is better than average, though it doesn't bring anything original to the screen. Michael Riley does a good job of switching from the perfect to not-so-perfect husband in an instant, and his character is what keeps you watching. The rest of the acting is a bit bland, and instead of fearing for our protagonist, you identify more with our villain.

Love this movie

Author: toridec from United States
22 September 2010

I loved this movie, To say Tracy Nelson is not a good actress is nuts. I think she's totally believable and a great actress. The movie had me on the edge of my seat. Tracy did the part like it was written,maybe she could of gotten out of the situation as some other reviewer said but that's not how the writers wrote her character. The actor who played the husband was absolutely nuts but played the part terrific. I was totally for Tracys character, she loved her husband and loved the child they were having together. He even killed their child making her have a miscarriage. This is the type of movie that gets you nuts but is fun to watch. I definitely want to add it to my collection!

Great plot, great actors, great scenery great... oh well, you get the point

Author: amadala51 from somewhere over the rainbow ;)
23 June 2006

I really enjoyed this movie. it was a great thriller and was keeping you on the edge of your seat the entire time.I thought that the woman who played Lisa was a great actor as well as Beverly. It was definitely not a kids movie to watch so keep the kids out of the room while you are watching. If you like action packed movies it is the thing for you. It was a really good storyline, and I thought the whole thing was great to see. I really enjoyed it. I did not see the very beginning, but the middle and end were fabulous. Just when you were thinking that something was going to happen, another twist was thrown into the plot. Way up high on my fave. movies list Great movie to watch!(p.s. the title is okay but it would not be my top pick for the movie...)

Don't Watch this unless you have solid nerves

Author: Nicholas Rhodes from Ile-de-France / Paris Region, France
5 April 2007

Be warned, this film starts out "light" and fairly inoffensive but builds in the second half to a horrifying climax. I can identify to a certain extent with the male character but even for me he was a bit too extreme, cutting phone wires, hiding portable phones, disposing of visitors in the garden etc. I have seen Tracey Nelson in a number of psychopathic rôles, she seems to have the right face for the job ( poor devil ! ) but I was surprised to see her here in the role of the innocent. Mind you, when she finally shoots the husband at the end, you can still see that evil psychopathic glint in her face. The character of the husband is extremely worring indeed, from being someone a little jealous and over possessive, which is commonplace, we gradually come to see that he has psychopathic tendencies. Indeed the film could even have been a little longer to draw out the suspense and there was the basis here for something a little more substantial. I thoroughly enjoy this type of film though it IS taxing on the nervous system so not to be recommended for the faint hearted !

About a C- or D+ for Lifetime Movies

Author: Film-Hound from United States
8 November 2009

This movie had two big strikes against it from the get-go.

First of all, whoever thought of putting Michael Riley and Tracy Nelson together ought to have their head examined. They are the most mismatched pair I've ever seen. On-screen chemistry was zero, and the disbelief that they would ever fall in love kept me from getting into the story.

Secondly, Sophie Gendron was just horrible. Not only is her acting completely wooden, but her lips take up half the screen. She unfortunately shows the consequences of cosmetic surgery addiction, and has done it to the point of not looking normal anymore. Granted, she's not as bad as Joan Rivers, but she's lost any natural look. (And after her last scene, I felt so guilty thinking oh good, she won't be in any more shots!)

On the up-side, Michael Riley was creepy enough to believe he could play Ty. And Thomas Calabro was the only actor worth his salt. I enjoyed every scene he was in.

My suggestion: tape it, and watch only the Thomas Calabro scenes. Then go out and rent a movie where he has more camera time.

Forgettable and Predictable Festival of Clichés

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
17 December 2004

The reporter Lisa (Tracy Nelson) meets the famous writer Ty Kellington (Michael Riley) in an interview, and sooner they get married. Their common life is perfect, almost a dream, until Lisa is invited by her old friend Matt Thompson (Thomas Calabro) to work with him in a radio show. The paranoid hidden side of the personality of Ty is unfolded, showing a deranged man capable of killing and threatening the life of Lisa, her sister Beverly (Andrea Roth) and close friends. "The Perfect Husband" is a forgettable and predictable festival of clichés, a low budget movie where is possible to guess the next scene. The performance of Tracy Nelson is horrible, in the lead female role, but Michael Riley and Andrea Roth have a good acting and at least I did not sleep along this foretold plot. My vote is four.

Title (Brazil): "O Perigo Dorme ao Lado" ("The Danger Sleeps SidebySide")