IMDb > Autopsy Room Four (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Autopsy Room Four More at IMDbPro »

true to the short story

Author: detzie888 from United States
23 October 2005

Autopsy Room Four is one of Stephen King's short stories that I imagine the producers licensed for $1 (one of Stephen King's "Dollar Babies"). I saw this short film at a film festival, and I thought it was really well-made.

I picked up the short story afterward and I came to realize that the film is true to the original story. The lead character, played by Stephen Furst, is not who I pictured as the narrator in the story but he did an excellent job. It looked so uncomfortable for him to lay on an autopsy slab, mostly naked! Kudos to him, the rest of the cast, and the entire production. A fantastic short film.

Loved it...

Author: nicfrompgh from Pittsburgh, PA
19 February 2004

I was lucky enough to see this short at the Rhode Island International Film Festival. It was the Opening Night Film and it totally freaked me out! It was scary and really funny at the same time. The acting was top notch and the film looked great. Lots of times festival films, especially short films, are very rough...not this one. It looked like a studio film and had real actors in it...(the dead guy is Flounder from Animal House!...I think...) The only reason I did not give it a 10 is that I wanted to see more...and because Stephen King didn't make a cameo in it like he usually does.

Great subject for a short

Author: jenistaml-1 from Gaithersburg MD
27 October 2004

Even though this short film is based on a Stephen King short story, the execution and direction of the film was extremely well done. I'm not a fan of Stephen King, but I have to say that watching Autopsy Room Four has made me want to see/read more. Going to film festivals has become an interest of mine, but a lot of the shorts I have seen tend to be on the "home movie" variety. Autopsy Room Four is quite the opposite. The production, directing, and acting were very well done and of the highest caliber. I would recommend that any Stephen King fan see this. In looking over the credits, I see that Stephen Zakman and Rob Slane have corroborated on another short I have seen ("The Fine Line Between Cute and Creepy"). I am going to keep an eye on these two as I think they are going to be great producers/directors.