IMDb > Twisted Illusions 2 (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Twisted Illusions 2 More at IMDbPro »

Not all at once, people

Author: Tromafreak from Tallahassee, Florida
23 February 2009

Oh, OK, so nobody has anything at all to say about Tim Ritter's newest film? Twisted Illusions 2 has been around for like 5 years now, and nothing? Well, fine, I'll say something!

Florida's most talented independent filmmaker, Tim Ritter is back with a new B-epic, and this time he's not alone. Ritter joins forces (as director) with John Bowker, and the legendary Joel D. Wynkoop to bring us a 3-part, Creepshow-esquire anthology straight out of Drive-in hell. The long-awaited sequel to the one that started it all, Twisted Illusions 2.

"Betrayal" shows us what can happen when a heart-broken woman, who is into witchcraft, decides to test out her new book, without really thinking things through. Havoc is distributed all around. Short and sweet. A decent warm up for what's to come.

"The Part" is Wynkoop just being Wynkoop, which is as awesome as it sounds. Wynkoop directs, and stars as a "reformed" psychotic who is let out of the nut house (Sunnyville) only to audition for a role in a horror movie. The role of a psychotic killer. Time to get into character. My personal favorite of the 3.

"Dexter Deadbeat" is all Ritter, and it shows with true low-budget quality. Nearly an entire movie on it's own. Ritter casts the wife as a woman with a shady past, who is being stalked by a relentless maniac who will stop at nothing until he gets the tapes. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Twisted Illusions 2 is the sequel to a movie I have yet to see. Twisted Illusions is seemingly nowhere to be found, but isn't necessary to grasp this one. As far as this one goes, I'm downright impressed. Ain't nothing' like high-quality z-grade. Ritter and gang deliver every single time, budget be damned. You never expect something that was shot-on-video to be put together this nicely, or to really hold your attention, but things always seem to turn out that way when Tim Ritter is involved. Highly recommended, and I also highly recommend that Ritter make more movies, and while you're at it, invite Asbestos Felt. 7/10

There's a good reason why they sold this flick for 99 Cents.

Author: sgcim from United States
17 April 2009

I found this DVD at my local 99 Cent Store, so I wasn't expecting much, but the first of these three short stories was so bad, my dog could've made a better movie. There's no point in criticizing it because there's nothing there.

The second one is about a released mental patient/murderer who auditions for a role as a psycho-killer and that causes him to go nuts and kill again. It's only slightly better than the first, but it still looks like someone just points a camera at a few people and they try to act out an elementary school play. The third one is better, but the director thinks echoing actors lines a few times gives the film some kind of style. It doesn't. He kills a lot of time with a few chase scenes, and there are a few amusing touches, but it could've been done in ten minutes- a one joke movie. I saw Ritter's "Creep" too (it was side 2 of this .99 DVD)and that was equally bad.

Don't waste your time.