An excellent documentary of Metal Gear Solid 2

Author: Wogle from United Kingdom
15 July 2005

I remember putting the DVD with this on, into my PS2 as soon as I had finished completing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, back in 2002 (when it was released in PAL regions). All I can say is that it is one of the most comprehensive DVDs out! The DVD contains a load of trailers, both from the MGS series and from other games from Konami, as well as a link to the web, profiles of the development team and much more! But this is supposed to be about the actual documentary isn't it? OK... Well the documentary covers a wide variety of things - How they came up with the characters, the game's comparison to Hollywood movies, the difference between creating MGS and MGS2, the list goes on.

It's quite extensive and detailed, with a lot of interesting interviews and comments by most of the staff, especially from Hideo Kojima.

Probably one of the best parts is the credits, during which you can see them messing about, and also the "comedy" credits for the characters in MGS2.

All-in-All, I'm glad I live in the UK. This DVD is brilliant, and fans of Metal Gear should go and try to watch it - They'll find it very interesting indeed.