IMDb > 13 Seconds (2003) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 5 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

Scary as Hell

Author: Silvermist350 from United States
16 May 2005

I bought 13 Seconds at Wal-mart, and I thought the film one of the most terrifying films I've seen in years, the writer, director, and actor Jeff Thomas really knows how to scare the life out of someone. I highly recommend 13 Seconds.Anyone who is out for a great thriller needs to pick up 13 seconds there is just one flaw to th movie that i forgot to mention , do not watch with the lights off . The special effects are the scariest i have ever seen and if you are not a brave person be prepared to pay a larger power bill as you will have every light in your house on every night for quite sometime . Keep up the great work Jeff Thomas and hope to see more movies in the near future Thanks

13 Seconds DVD

Author: James_Graves1970 from United States
16 May 2005

Bought 13 Seconds at Best buy today and it was awesome, cool ass special effects, lots of blood and gore, not to give away the ending but dang, I was surprised when I found out what was going on. You would have never thought towards the end, the movie keeps you right on the edge guessing what's going to happen next, and who's gonna die. The audio was a little hard to hear so you will have to turn up the television or crank up your entertainment system. Other then that, the movie is cool. I suggest when watching it, turn out all the lights, turn up the volume, grab your popcorn, your ready to roll. Its better when you have your friends with you, lol.

13 Seconds new and unusual

Author: mistermonster1954 from Orlando, Fl.
16 May 2005

I feel that Director Jeff Thomas did a great job on his film ; I certainly could compare it to " Dawn of the Dead " and " The Last Man on Earth " , combined . 13 Seconds is it's OWN film and kind of falls into that category. Some people who saw the film compare it to " Jacob's Ladder " or " Hellraiser " , but I feel this is unfair . I had a closed - in , claustrophobic feeling during most of the film and found the shock ending delightful ! Independent filmmakers are just that - independent - and so I always expect their films to be of a certain degree . Being a Horror - writer and reviewer , as well as affection-ado of the genre , I am able to say , truthfully, that this film DID deliver the goods and shocks that I expected ! " Dawn of the Dead " and " Last Man on Earth " had their moments , but so does " 13 Seconds ".

Never Seen Anything This Awful

Author: handfulofdice from United States
31 July 2011

The dialogue doesn't even sync with the actors' lips. All the performances are so fake you want to blow your brains out. There's nothing good at all except maybe some of the special effects but forget about story or characters. There's a stupid twist at the end that is supposed to make all the horrible crap beforehand good, but it fails miserably. It just means the whole movie was padding. A complete waste of time. If you don't end up fast-forwarding, you'll die from boredom. Anybody who gives this more than 1 star obviously worked on the movie or is a friend of the guy who made it. Don't be fooled by the awards. I'm convinced they're all fake.

Great Horror Movie with non-stop thrills

Author: kireosity
12 July 2011

13 Seconds is a non-stop thrill ride. I usually don't get scared while watching horror movies, but WOW this flick made me jump on many different occasions. There is one scene that especially made me think "this might be one of the greatest horror movies of all time." You'll know which one after you watch. I have seen a lot of scary movies in my day and this is up there with the best. If you have seen Halloween, Jason, etc. and think you are a horror movie connoisseur, you are wrong. All in all I would have to say that I would recommend this movie to everyone I know. If you don't go out and rent this movie today you are missing a great one!

Good for laughs

Author: (night_dragon13@yahoo.com) from United States
8 November 2008

This movie is horrible. As much as i hate to say it, it is an awful movie. The acting his horrid (my friends and I had affectionately given characters names such as Tone Deaf Girl #1 or Robot Man). The frights are ripped off. The film quality is worse than much I have seen on youtube. The characters actions are absurd (at one point, an angry man finds human teeth in a box, and later chews on them in frustration). The plot, however, has immense potential. I say potential because it could have been executed much better, but the idea behind the story is actually pretty interesting. My friends and I really enjoyed this movie, but I would like to stress the word "friends." This is not a movie you will enjoy alone. It's the pleasure of making fun of such a horrid movie that gave us such enjoyment. Then again, we feel loyal to this movie. Our town is rather small. One mall with about 14 stores, a theater with 8 screens, and that's about it. Our only claim to fame is that this movie was filmed here.

Did scare me - a little

Author: Wendy from Monoe, WA
17 January 2005

I just got done watching 13 Sec. and I can say that it did have some good qualities for a B horror flick. I do agree with most of the people who have commented about this movie. The acting was very wooden, like they were all 1st year acting students and still didn't know what to do. The girl with the long red hair (forgive me, I don't remember most of their names) went throughout the whole movie acting, as well as looking, like she was 'totally wasted'and could really care less about what was going on. After all of the horrifying things she'd witnessed, you'd think that she would show a little fear. The other girl always looked like she was confused and/or suffering from a horrible headache. Davis acted as if he was trying to channel Emilio Estevez with his expressions and acting, and even then he only expressed one emotion throughout the whole film - confused/anger (except for his one tearful scene, and it wasn't very impressive). The rest of the group were pretty wooden and emotionless much of the time, and seemed to go through the movie like they were sleepwalking. I do feel that the actors did try though, at least at the beginning of the movie. But somewhere down the line they seemed to just get bored with the whole thing. The editing wasn't very smooth, the story severely lacking and the sound quality kept going up and down. Now what I did enjoy was the creepiness of the film. Aside from the fact that all of the characters were complete idiots, and firmly believe that all rattling doors should be opened and dark spaces explored, I got creeped out. I guess it would be because of the 'bad guys' that were sneaking around, and the setting they were in. When I see a masked person, heading shaking vigorously and holding an ax, standing behind an unsuspecting victim, I get a little tense. This movie had enough of those moments to keep me watching - and make me jump a couple of times. I also will admit that I liked the twist at the end. I want to say that I am a big horror fan and love to get the $%^t scared out of me, and since this movie accomplished a little bit of that, I'll give it 4 out of 10. It would've been a 2 had it not.

The Other 92 Minutes

Author: ghoulieguru from The Movie Crypt
3 November 2004

There was maybe 13 seconds of this movie that was worth watching... that's a BIG maybe.

The other 92 minutes were excruciatingly painful and boring.

What is this new trend of making bad versions of An Occurrence at Owl Creek? Did everyone see Jacob's Ladder when they were like five years old and decide to try and remake it? That's what 13 Seconds feels like, a poor man's combination of Jacob's Ladder, Angel Heart and some horrible Mexican soap opera on Telemundo. The video quality looks like it was shot on dad's old VHS recorder from 1985.

I looked at the number of votes for this movie in the 8,9 and 10 range and some of the user comments. It's pretty obvious that the production team and the actors behind this travesty are attempting to stuff the ballot box. Giving this movie two stars out of ten is a GIFT.

This movie sucks

Author: mandolin73 from Erlanger, Ky
31 October 2004

I rented this garbage 2 days ago because I was looking for an entertaining (not necessarily great) horror movie for Halloween. The DVD cover said it had won all these horror movie type awards so I figured maybe it would be alright. Holy crap...The acting in this movie was so incredibly bad it became distracting. With or without a big budget, the director most certainly could have found a better cast than this. With all the starving actors and high school drama students out there, plenty of people with talent probaby would have jumped at the chance to expand their resumes, even for free.

Even with all the blood, gore, axes, and demons, these characters NEVER seemed scared, spooked or anything. The acting had zero emotion or believability, and was completely monotone. The dialouge was laughable. In one scene, a girl says in her robotic tone "Are we going to die?" and then the robotic dude with the cap on says "Soon".

The story was all over the place. The so called band people and their girlfriends were walking aimlessly around from spooky room to spooky room. They would show one person for about 5 seconds and then show another person somewhere else for 5 seconds and then another another some place else. The story didn't flow at all. And no one was ever scared.

Just because a film is an Independent with a small budget, doesn't mean it can't be good with good acting. The twist ending and the story itself had an interesting concept, and could have been great with better dialouge and a complete overhaul of the cast. I rented Asylum of the Damned the week prior and thought it sucked at the time, but after watching this crap, that movie seemed like a masterpiece. At least in Asylum the cast had tolerable acting ability.

This was by far, the worst movie I have rented in over twenty years. In fact, I Spit on Your Grave was better, and that's pretty bad to say.

Just say no !!!

Author: tom-929 from Dayton, OH
21 October 2004

This was, without a doubt, the worst acting I have ever seen in a movie. The actors were either too over the top, or way to docile to be believable. The story, however, is very good. There is tons of gore, much of which is unnecessary. No CGI special effects to be seen here, it's all done with cameras and red food coloring. I rented this DVD based on the quote on the box by one of my favorite authors, Douglas Preston. He stated that the story was truly frightening. And I guess the story is, but the movie is no where near scary. Too bad one of the larger production companies didn't pick up the script. It could have been a really good movie in the right hands.

Page 5 of 11: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]