IMDb > The Honeymooners (2005) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 2 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]

Awful

Author: petkot1990 from United States
15 November 2005

I wasn't expecting a good movie, and yet I was still disappointed. This movie featured almost every actor that has ever been in a crappy Black Comedy. John Leguizamo who plays the street hustler was the best part of this movie. Another display of the "not so important" parts and actors dominating over unjustly proclaimed "stars" such as Cedric the Entertainer which is the biggest misnomer ever. Mike Epps delivered his usually character that he plays in every movie he's ever in, and is still more entertaining than Cedric's character. The only way this movie would have been worse is if they put Snoop Dogg in it for no apparent reason like every movie he is in except The Wash. Bottom Line- Don't watch even if you have nothing better to do...

The Worst Movie Ever Made

Author: Puritan77 from United States
6 April 2006

When I say this is the worst movie ever made, I seriously mean it! I'm not going to waste my time on this review, so I'll make it short. The Honeymooners is was my favorite show growing up, and it was ruined. Cedric the Entertainer as Raulph! I still think it's a nightmare. First of all, Jackie Gleason is dead. So the perfect ode to his remembrance was to make a film with an all black cast? Okay, not to sound racist, because I am not, but that show deserved a white cast. Why? Because THAT'S WHAT IT WAS WHEN IT WAS MADE!

Here's an idea, remake the movie Boyz in the Hood ... but give the lead role to Larry the Cable Guy co-starring Jeff Foxworthy and Ben Stiller. Get the picture?

All in all, The Honeymooners was the most terrible movie I've ever seen, thanks again, Hollywood, for ruining my favorite program.

I want my money back

Author: dau222 from United States
24 July 2005

Honeymooners, how about the Stupidmooners. This is about the worst film ever made. When will Hollywood learn that you can't just put stupid faces, bad jokes, and want to be actors in a sequel. Just because you name it after a great show, movie or actor does not make it good. The sequel needs to be at least as good or better then the original and this one is not even close. It was a total waste of money and I really wish that movies had a money back guarantee so that I could have gotten my money back. Yea, they'll say it was not a remake of the Honeymooners and that is why it is not true to the original. If this is true then it should not have had the Honeymooners name on it. Just another stupid movie named after a great program to get you're money by trying to make you think it is as good as the original.

about the movie.

Author: pantera6678112 from United States
15 July 2005

This movies really bites. The Honeymooner did not listen to hip hop. Wrong cast. Wrong atmosphere. Jackie Gleeson is probably turning in his grave. So thats my opinion on this movie. I give 2 thumbs, 8 fingers, and 10 toes down. I don't know why they even thought of making this movie. They should of got John Goodman or anyone else but Cedric the Boringator to play that part. What is Hollywoood thinking of doing something like this. My dog could play it better and he got 4 legs and a tail. So please Hollywood don't make another mistake please let this one be the last. Remember we are the one who pays to see this junk so no more junk.

I don't understand

Author: tstrike2000 from United States
23 June 2005

I'm not opposed to black people taking over certain roles, but I just don't understand why the Honeymooner's was one of those taken over with a black cast. I know a lot of old TV shows are being made into relatively stupid/funny movies, but I almost see it as an insult to Jackie Gleason, Art Carney, Audrey Meadows, and Joyce Randolph to cast a movie based on the TV show with these people. The movie was not funny and should've been canned from the get go. It's too bad too as Cedric the Entertainer could be funny, but Jackie Gleason is rolling in his grave watching the fruits of his labor turned into a ridiculous movie. A big thumbs down to this movie.

Certainly not as bad as everyone's making it out to be...

Author: Kyle_Richards from United States
22 June 2005

All right, I know very well why people hated this movie. Its because its called "The Honeymooners". The movie itself is quite entertaining and Cedric, Mike Epps, and John Leguizamo gave very funny and likable performances. The chicks were all right too and the plot was overall interesting. I mean, you knew the outcome the whole way through, but the fun part of this movie is not knowing how they'll reach the end result. It's a light hearted comedy that delivers good jokes and good spirits. I found it to be a lot better than Cedric's last movie, Johnson Family Vacation, which was really not funny at all. Its a shame that he when he actually puts out a good comedy performance he is shunned. However, its easy to see why.

The biggest mistakes the makers of this movie made were naming it "The Honeymooners" and naming the characters the same names as characters from the classic series. The movie is very reminiscent of the show, but its NOT the show. Its nothing like the show.... But it is a good movie in its own respect. Granted its not the best movie you'll ever see, but it IS an enjoyable comedy that many can enjoy, that is, unless you look at it as what its not, "The Honeymooners". This movie accomplishes everything a good comedy should- genuine performances, good casting, fun and comical storyline, and a slew of good jokes. This is not a bad movie, its just a bad remake for a show that really didn't need to be remade.

The only problem with this film is something thats wrong with many films, trying to be something else. I don't like remakes for that reason, but I still manage to find enjoyment in them by looking at them as their own films. This movie would have been far better off as its own movie. It would have worked just as well and wouldn't have received all the criticism. Its a shame that this movie is so ill-fated to already be in the bottom 100 on this site, as there are FAR worse films.

How does it compare to other remade films in theatres now? Well, its better than Herbie, but not as good as the Longest Yard. Overall, its a good time and I don't regret seeing it. Just don't expect The Honeymooners, because its not.

This was an insult and a joke...

Author: Zaptharo from United States
24 April 2008

Cedric the Entertainer may be a cool guy to meet up with, but starring in a below average comedy film is simply ridiculous. I may be far from the era of "The Honeymooners", but to put it this way, this movie insults that good, genuine sitcom in every single way. This wasn't even a mediocre film, it's a piece of crap that just somehow made it into movie theaters all across America.

I could blab about everything that was bad in this film, but taking the same name of a classic sitcom and making it into a "modernized" garbage flick is insulting. This is just an example of how Hollywood has made countless remakes and rehashes of older material in the past few years by making them worse. There is no talent to be found here, and none of the actors are something to get all excited about. Another problem was that the cast was all black. I am not being racist, but during "The Honeymooners" era, there were hardly any black people who were in show business, and this cast is nothing compared to the old cast.

The least Hollywood could of done was make it into a "Pleasantville" type setting. Even though it's nowhere near a favorite movie of mine, it depicted the same era that "The Honeymooners" was cast in and it revealed a whole new experience of what it was like to live in that time. But, this movie was nothing special, nothing original, and nothing exciting. Just a rehash that Hollywood made up because they are too greedy to convince themselves to think of something new.

Consider yourself warned if you happen to see this. Don't even watch this for Cedric. Put this into your trash bin and watch the classics instead.

1 out of 10.

Not even close to the original!

Author: Lucy_In_Control
25 June 2005

I have to say that this movie was really disappointing to watch. I saw the sketch of it and was hoping it would be funny. WRONG! When I went to watch it today, it was so boring and WASN'T really that funny. I feel like now I wasted my money on this! The movie didn't stay true to the original as it should be...instead they turn it into this ghetto version. The Diary of A Mad Black Woman was much more interesting and funnier than this movie. Especially Madea...hee hee. :( And Ralph didn't even say his famous line "One of these days, Alice....POW!". I was looking so forward for him to say that but he didn't. The only famous line he said was "Baby, you're the greatest". And the movie seem pretty stupid. I don't really recommend it others to watch it. I should have watched another movie. Maybe Madagascar would be more funnier.

Don't even need to watch it to know it's crap...

Author: jonnywadd from Sunrise, FL
3 September 2007

I will not understand Hollywoods obsession with making over old TV shows geared towards younger people. I don't want to sound like my grandfather, but why not just make a movie about two people with get rich quick schemes? Why do they feel the need to sully the classic that is the Honeymooners when almost every kid in America who saw this movie had no idea it was a remake of a good TV show. It was almost like when Gus Van Sant decided to redo Psycho. I went to see it in the theater because I was such a fan of the original. And half the kids in the audience thought they had come to see a slasher movie. They had no idea of its origin and that bothers me. Just like they are going to 'update' Have Gun Will Travel. A movie based on the 50's TV series with Eminem in the lead. Are these people kidding me?!

I do not recommend this movie...

Author: blindu from United States
10 February 2006

I grew up watching The Honeymooners and other than using the title, character names and jobs, there is no resemblance. The script was poorly written and I seriously had to fight to stay awake or even in the room. I don't blame the actors, they did the best they could with what they were given to work with, however, if I were them, I would not add this title to their resume.

However, I'm sure the generations who didn't have the privilege of seeing the original shows, this might be OK for them.

Some things shouldn't be attempted and remaking classics such as The Honeymooners is one of those.

Page 2 of 7:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [Next]