IMDb > Heat Team (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Heat Team More at IMDbPro »Chung on chi ma gun (original title)

Fun movie with twists you don't expect in the genre

Author: Raven1268 from Portland, Oregon
18 September 2004

I sat down to this movie with friends as I ritualistically do with Hong Kong action films, expecting not much originality, plenty of shooting, and little character development. I was totally wrong.

This movie is full of action, and yet has interesting and humorous characters along the way. I forgot that it was an action movie entirely while watching some parts, as I was amused and intrigued by the way the characters were dealing with each other.

Aaron Kwok, Eason Chan and Yumiko Cheng give good performances in this film. Perhaps best is the relationship between Kwok and Chan, and the original changes that occur throughout the film. From an office paintball match to a plunge off a three story roof, the two endure many hardships while engaging each other in even more.

Overall, a movie I would recommend to anyone seeking action or comedy.

Avoid the USA "Edited" Cut At Any Cost

Author: Sheikh_Kamal_El_Voldemort from Salahudeen
14 August 2014

I decided to wait a full day before writing a critical review on this movie to let my emotions die down - In conclusion i have nothing but praise for this movie.

If your goal is to walk into this movie and be psychologically challenged or expect great dialogue you will be disappointed. There are some movies that you need to walk into and know little of what will unfold to get the full cinematic experience. I always check the ratings of movies on IMDb before considering watching them and after reading some of the other user reviews on 'high octane' intensity and non stop fight scenes i in the least expected some good action in this movie. Even with that though i thought an entire movie could not be based on fighting scenes and score above an 8 on IMDb (boy was i wrong).

This movie is earning glowing reviews because of the action sequences filmed in the movie that place you in a cinematic experience where you actually feel like you are watching real men fight for their lives. It's nothing poetic with backflips and flexible positions but simply man vs man often equipping anything in the room to disarm/disable and kill their opponent. It places you in the hot seat viewing the closest things to actual killings - Now this isn't to say the movie slows down on blood spurts or zooms in when someone is getting their throat sliced - it simply shows it how it is, it's fast, real and intense.

In some of the other reviews you hear fans praising the knife fighting scenes. This movie was incredible with it's knife fights and how effective and swift they are in close quarters. The finish was always swiftly at the throat but that wasn't before 2 to 3 lightning touches to the chest/quads or arms to disable an opponent or render them shocked in pain.

Heres the bottom line: This movie was made on the smallest budget i've ever seen for any movie to hit international screens. The director and all actors are no names that you have never heard however i guarantee that you will never watch another action film again because Heat Team is groundbreaking in it's reality/intensity and quality of choreography.

Every movie that scores high ratings appeals to a certain group of audiences. This is a very specific movie but is well deserving of the praise it is receiving from our users at IMDb. It is my hope to see more of this action from the director and actors cause i honestly don't think i can ever watch a Hollywood/bollywood action movie ever again.

MUST WATCH 10/10 Excellent.

Somewhat typical cop film

Author: goodmen from Canada
4 October 2004

Plot: Eason Chan is K.C, Chan and Y.T. Lee is Aaron Kwok, both are very smart cop, who both were assign to interpol. The only thing that make them different is woman. K.C Chan is known for courting with a lot of woman and Y.T. Lee get nervous around woman. The case for this movie is about a international thief who come to Hong Kong to steal, a diamond necklace worth over 10 million US. Anyway, Yumiko Cheng who is engage with a fertilizer mogul, soon for in love with KC Chan.

The movie is occasionally funny (though nothing laugh out loud, more like giggles) and the action with pretty good. Both person act their role pretty good, though their chemistry were that good. I don't feel like they trust each other even at the end. There were also some bad supporting actor, like Danny Lee and the kingpin of triad. The movie was entertaining, but not engaging. There wasn't really anything wrong with this movie, but it seem like it lack the goodness when watching this movie. Maybe it is the acting or not to engage into the cop story (they spend more time arguing and their personal issue than on the case).

BTW The movie is call heat team, cuz Hong Kong is having a very high temperature and the interpol office air conditioner is broken.

Not the best movie in the world but watchable

Author: Sevket Erhat from North Cyprus
13 May 2007

Heat Team was not a special police team action as I suspected from the name of the movie like the ones in First Option. Instead it was about several young HK Police and their affairs.

To me the strongest part of this movie is these two beautiful girls. I really enjoyed watching every scene they are in.

Action in Heat Team is not bad but story is really stupid. But who cares about the story in films like these?

It was nice to see Danny Lee here as well (Despite he loses all his charisma towards the end but I will not spoil that)

If you don't have anything else to watch give it a go. I know that there are far worse films than this.