IMDb > Inventing Grace, Touching Glory (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Saw it, loved it, recommend it!

Author: H. Cooney (trancon278@yahoo.com) from London, Ontario
20 July 2004

I love good stories in whatever format they come. This documentary is about making a film industry in western Canada from the 1950s to right now. The people that appear in it are interesting, the story they tell is exciting, the locations the film's shot in are fantastic and the music score throughout the entire movie is brilliant. I'd love to hear more from whoever the person was that did the composing, the guy is amazing!!! I really like history and this film was a great weave of 50 years.

Moreover a film about the film business is always interesting.

I recommend it and like what this filmmaker has done with the subject matter.

i never liked documentarties until i saw this one.

Author: Helen Smith from Cedartown, GA
3 April 2004

someone spent a lot of time on this. it's obvious. it's a rare work of art.

the film is interesting from beginning to end.

i never liked documentaries until i saw this one.

the way it is photographed is amazing too.

it is something i can watch a few times a year and see something different or understand something different.

what a sad tone to the film, it made me feel bad and i didn't know who many of the people were.

the music is so beautiful.

What a load of Drivel

Author: smharwick from Lockport, NY
20 March 2004

I bought this film to check out other movie making communities, see what's happening abroad... What a load of drivel! I mean, this film is like someone's wishful dream about the business. The filmmaker must be in his own little world if he thinks the industry of show biz is 'happy' and everyone walks around with integrity and good will. There is no reason for anyone to watch this film, it's false and misleading. It makes no sense, and bleeds on and on about people's love for the business... I have no idea how films like this get made, Who finances this stuff?

I'd like to see what would happen to someone like this in Hollywood... Now that would be a great movie!

I like Chris Carter in this!

Author: gjohnson9473 from Toronto
21 February 2004

I didn't care much for the B.C. story, but X-Files Creator Chris Carter was very interesting to watch in this film. Carter talks about the show, Hollywood, and what it takes to make great work. I liked this documentary for its openness and for letting us see inside the business.

Well Done Doc.

Author: JAlbreckt from B.C.
2 October 2003

A well done documentary with a touching tone. I can't really recommend this film for the average person because the subject matter is too 'inside'. Though masterfully put together, the story is very specific and meant for people who were or are part of the film industry. But hey, if you have nothing better to do this film is a real education to the film business.

Wow!!

Author: motionpictures from Vancouver, B.C.
30 September 2003

I didn't know what to expect going in but Wow! For a doc. this thing had a whole lot of heart and the audience felt it. It's things like this that make the film industry exciting and unpredictable. I walked out of the theater in a bit of a daze. But a happy daze.

An unexpected surprise!

Author: shakey225 from Vancouver
22 September 2003

Being part of the film industry myself I had heard about this film long before its release and thought 'what a good idea' - an historical journey into British Columbia's film activity. What made this documentary so interesting when I finally did see it was, it didn't feel like a doc., the filmmaker gave it more likeness to a classic feature film. A few minutes in and you were instantly transported to a place and time and introduced to engaging people that made you want to watch and get into the story. The film put 50 years into perspective and delivered it with ease and a certain slickness that's rare in historical documentaries. It made yesterday exciting again.

I'd recommend this to anyone in the film industry, I'd even suggest it to people that are just interested in good storytelling even if some of the detail of the film business is not of interest. After watching this I'd also be curious to see what comes out of this particular filmmaker next.