- the organization that kidnaps Stark is called "the Ten Rings," after the ten rings that comprise the Mandarin's arsenal (Jon Favreau has stated that The Ten Rings, in fact, works for The Mandarin)
- the commandant Raza speaks of Genghis Khan and Asia
- Raza is seen occasionally fiddling with an ornate gold ring
- rings are worn by Stark, Stane, Rhodes and Raza (that is to say those in positions of power).
- the Mark I armor, Stark's first suit, is a simple suit constructed of iron.
- the Mark II armor is a silver suit, the prototype Stark develops (this can also be counted as the War Machine armor, as Rhodes looks speculatively at it).
- the Mark III armor is the final red/gold armor.
- JARVIS first presents the Mark III armor in full gold, the look pays tribute to the all-gold "Golden Avenger" armor Iron Man wore early in his career.
- JARVIS later presents the armor in silver and red, making it look almost identical to Iron Man's "Silver Centurion" armor that he wore in the 1980s.