IMDb > "Wild Card" (2003) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Wild Card" More at IMDbPro »

A Surprising Find

Author: Pamela-5 from Los Angeles, California
23 November 2003

I discovered this little show on a slow Sat. night. It is far and away the best thing I have seen on TV on a Sat. night. Joely Fisher is simply outstanding, someone who draws viewers because of her attractiveness, quirkiness, outspokenness, genuineness, and warmth. Here is someone we all kind of know, in situations we have all been in at one time or another. She makes them funny while her character tries to solve crimes. Thank goodness, the show is not overly family oriented and icky sweet, as most "family" shows are. Most of the show is adult and funny, and now I wouldn't miss Miss Fisher! She is a real character, and a loveable one at that.

A solid series...on Lifetime, no less

Author: rimjak from Hollywood, CA
17 September 2003

Inventive, quirky drama with Joely Fisher giving an excellent performance as a blackjack dealer who drops everything to take charge of her late sister's 3 kids. Yes many Lifetime staples are embedded deep within. But not every show can hold you until the end if you just happen to tune in after it starts. That is what this did for me...and I am not into watching things after they start. And to see Rae Dawn Chong providing fine support, what else could you ask for?

My comments on the TV show "Wild Card"

Author: tonoya from Vancouver, Canada
25 July 2004

I love the Mystery Channel, and happened upon "Wild Card". I just love it. It has mystery to it, depth of characters - all around GOOD entertainment, which is sometimes pretty hard to find. I like the diversity between the mystery aspect and the happenings at home with the 3 children. The people in charge of hiring the actors for their specific roles, did a fine job. Have always enjoyed seeing Chris Potter. First saw him in Kung-Fu - I believe he was the son. I do hope that "Wild Card" is still in production, it would be such a shame to lost a great show like this one. I also see several more channels are carrying "Wild Card", which is good.

JW.

totally loved this show

Author: blanche-2 from United States
19 June 2005

This was a wonderful series from Lifetime which was canceled. For some reason, Lifetime kept Missing and not this. Both Wild Card and Missing were revamped for season 2, and I felt that Missing suffered. Guess I was alone. Wild Card starred Joely Fisher and Chris Potter, who were wonderful together as insurance investigators in season one and then as regular investigators in season 2, when their firm was taken over by the delightful Loretta Divine.

Fisher played Zoe, a former Vegas Jill of all trades who has to move to Chicago when her sister is killed. She inherits her sister's children and sets about raising them and earning a living as well. Fisher brought a real woman sexiness, beauty, humor, and tremendous charm to the role. Her Zoe and the breezy tone of this series will be missed. By me. I guess Lifetime is too busy with Missing to miss Wild Card.

I love Wild Card!

Author: Kim Bishop (ZoeandDan4ever07@aol.com) from United States
8 January 2005

Like it says in the summary up above, I love this show! I would like Lifetime to continue and end the second season and I would also like this show to return for a third season. The characters are delightful and the stories fresh. The chemistry that is developing between the two main characters (Zoe and Dan) is intriguing and I hope we see more of it. I have watched this show since the thirteenth episode of the first season and as of now I have seen all the eps. M. Pearl McGuire is very funny and the actress is very talented. I believe that this show has enough material for the six remaining episodes of the second season and the eighteen of the third season to be fresh and exciting. I,like most of the people who watch the show, want something to happen between Zoe and Dan. The kids are also very funny, but I think that Taylor can lay low for the rest of the season. I love Wild Card!!

Not too bad for a summer cable series

Author: Jerry Hermes (bats5th@gmail.com) from United States
3 August 2003

Wild Card is not too bad for a suummer series on a "basic cable" network. Fisher's performance leads the way as a Vegas dealer suddenly thrust into taking care of her recently-killed-in-a-car-accident sister's three kids (16, 12 and 10). She's good. Of course, I have only seen the pilot but it has made me want to continue watching.

Wild Card - T.V. Series

Author: pat-rose from Canada
24 October 2005

I'd really like to see this series returned. I was very disappointed to find that it was canceled. The series was not only entertaining but in many ways was inspirational and was a good role model for women of all ages. Seeing a woman trying to juggle family and work, and feeling as if she has failed at both, is something every working woman has gone through, and it was comforting and refreshing to see it being portrayed on t.v., I for one was made to feel that I didn't need to be superwoman or supermom and have all the answers for everything, as it is often portrayed in other t.v. shows. It was nice to see that it's o.k. to fail sometimes, that's what makes us human, because after all none of us is perfect. It was refreshing as well to see a show during prime time, that did not portray sex, or coarse language, and there was minimal violence, I don't recall ever seeing a gruesome death or a large quantity of blood. I for one, would really like to see this series picked up again.

So pathetic it's laughable

Author: Les from Canada
19 May 2009

This show is so pathetic it's laughable. The only thing that changes episode to episode are the secondary characters, the story otherwise has the same basic plot as all the other episodes. Its only saving grace? Fisher is not hard on the eyes, Vikki Krinsky is beautiful and Rae Dawn Chong is also very easy on the eyes. I'm surprised the Rae Dawn Chong is actually involved in this low level production. Yes boys and girls that's what it boils down to, good looking characters with no substance. By the way, the show is filmed in Toronto and area using a Canadian crew, with a few Chicago externals to give the impression of a U.S. city. It's still a U.S. production. Pass on this one people. It's no wonder this show did not make it past one season. And one season was too long. *(I don't blame the production crew for this show)*

Joely fisher is a good actor

Author: Kdb4000 (Kdb4000@Hotmail.com) from Arkansas
9 August 2003

I have only seen the first episode but I love this show. I have only seen Fisher in Inspector Gadget but I liked her. There has only been one episode and the second is on right now(Saturday, the 9th, at 8:08) I hope they dont cancel this show, like they did Whose Line(I hope it comes back, with new episodes)

Engineered by the insurance companies!

Author: Walter Frith from Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
22 December 2003

After having viewed this dog and pony show program, I have reached one conclusion. I believe that this program was influenced by the insurance companies to put a sugar coating and happy face on a subject that people are very sensitive about. Insurance companies have been gouging the public in recent months using greedy methods and blaming the whole thing on 9/11. This program is spin to make people like the insurance companies that have been taking advantage of them for years and even more so in recent months. I hope people see this for what it is and tank this program after the first season.