IMDb > Toonheads: The Lost Cartoons (2000) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Toonheads: The Lost Cartoons (TV) More at IMDbPro »

they needn't speak so reverently all the time

Author: Lee Eisenberg (lee.eisenberg.pdx@gmail.com) from Portland, Oregon, USA
28 January 2007

"Toonheads: The Lost Cartoons" is interesting to watch just because we get to hear some of the history of the Looney Tunes. But I wish to assert that the unremembered cartoons aren't remembered for a reason. They ranged from boring (nothing really happened in "Cryin' for the Carolines") to hokey ("So Much for So Little" has unfortunately proved quite far from reality), and of course some of the stuff from WWII was pretty racist. It didn't help that the narrator spoke in pure reverence of everything.

So, it's neat to learn the history of Bugs, Daffy, Porky and that whole crowd. But the documentary would have come out more interesting had they talked only about those. Don't make it your first choice.

not really worth your time

Author: movieman_kev from United States
24 November 2004

This Cartoon Network special can be found as an extra on disk 3 of the "Looney Tunes Golden Colection Volume 1" and is certainly a mixed bag of old "lost" cartoons.Contain greats like the Private Snafu short "Spies" and "Drafty, isn't it?" The lackluster propeganda of "Anys bonds today?" and "So much for so little" (the latter actually making me mad, the former just being boring). And the sheer crappiness of "Cryin' for the Carolines" and the much-deserved canned pilot "Philbert". So definitely a mixed bag, but I'm leaning towards telling you to save your time. If you DO watch it just skip to the two great shorts that I've mentioned.

My Grade: D+