IMDb > The Tale of Nippoless Nippleby (1992) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Yes, He Doesn't Have Any Nipples

Author: john_the_revelator-1 from United States
30 December 2006

I saw this as part of an "Animation Celebration." I believe that it was the 3rd Annual or something like that. Out of all of the shorts in the collective that was called a movie, this was the most memorable. It was funny and surprising.

The story, as my memory serves, centers around the experiences of several dwarf-elf like beings that lived quite the comfortable life. They all had nipples. Well, all except for Nippoless. He had, however, a fig leaf that covered his crotch - something that all of the other dwarf-elves didn't apparently want or need.

Nippoless spent his time singing about his lack of bodily accoutrements, and wore his bare chest out and loud. The other dwarf-elves made fun of him, of course.

As things would go, two of the nippled dwarf-elves fall into a hole. A deep hole. So deep and dark, as a matter of fact, all that could be seen is their eyes. Which were round.

Nippoless comes along, guided by their cries for help. He has no reservation in helping them in spite of their rigorous rejection of him based on bodily difference. He, at the top of the hole, removes his fig leaf. At the bottom of the hole is the two pairs of eyes that look up in hope. A solid "whump" is heard.

Obviously, the nippled dwarf-elves develop a healthy respect for Nippoless thereafter.

It seems juvenile as I write this, but it was oddly unexpected as the juxtaposition of simple animation with adult themes lent much humor to a very unexpected ending.

This short has become one of my 'white whales' according to my wife. I have searched for any copies of the Animation Celebration that contains this short, or the short itself, to no avail. If anyone knows where to obtain it, please post.